• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft seeking staff for next-gen Xbox

snoopeasystreet said:
2ywio7t.jpg
This just reminded me of ninja gaiden and the old doa games. Thank god the final xbox design wasn't that tacky.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
The longer this gen lasts the more people will migrate to the PC world and remember/discover how awesome open gaming was/is.

I hope this gen lasts another 4years at least.

jagowar said:
  • 4 gb shared ram (the shared ram thing turned out to be one of the biggest advantages for the 360). Memory is cheap now so I can see them adding a ton of it for the next system.
  • I think you will see cheaper 3.5 hard drives built in with the next system. 120 gb on the low end and 1.0 tb on the high end.
  • No disc drive at all in the next xbox (this allows them to include larger 3.5 inch internal drives). I see games coming on 16 gig flash drives (similar to how the ngp will work)
  • Graphics and CPU on the same chip (top of the line at the time it gets released)
  • Same kinect design but is capable of tracking at 720p (and the video camera supports 720p video chat)... will also be bundled in with all systems.

I like your idea of using 16 gig flash drives. Load times are starting to annoying. This would stop those.

A built in ssd could go great with this. A 16gb NAND chip costs about $10 when bought in bulk. Seems viable.

More importantly for MS, using flash drives will in all likelihood stop piracy dead in it's tracks. Can't exactly burn things to a dvd to play on a modded console if the console doesn't even have a dvd drive in the first place.

I'm wondering if project denver from Nvidia (the Maxwell) could be used as a GPU and CPU on the same chip. It already has several ARM cpu cores integrated into it. So reason they can't function as the sole CPU (or one supplemented with a Cell) as well.

I also definately agree with this...

Jonm1010 said:
Im saying that I think this notion that everyone will gimp their system like nintendo did with the wii probably isn't accurate...... If one of the two puts out a console that is the next gen graphics equivalent of the wii vs the ps3 - and doesn't have any groundbreaking gameplay changes like the wii - what's to stop the other person from throwing in a top of the line graphics card, taking a loss and blasting viral ad campaigns 24/7 about how shitty the other system is for the same price?

I think microsofts and Sonys fear of the other one upping them and them needing to have a significant enough uograde to get people to jump on board with a new system will inevitably lead to them not going the wii route.

Nintendo can get away with a weaker system because they had a gimmick that none of the other consoles offered, and one that casuals loved (motion controls).

Also important, Nintendo has 2D Mario platformers and Mario Kart, both of which are obscenely, ludicrously popular among casual gamers. Nintendo can succeed on the backs of their own games alone for this reason. Microsoft has nothing that can touch either franchise.

Doffen

I strongly believe Microsoft will gamble on DD or even an OnLive competitor. It’s Next-Gen and it sure need’s too feel that way. This does not however mean that they will remove the disc.
Microsoft has clearly shown more interest in cloud computing. So why not be interested in Cloud Gaming? Cloud Gaming has all of the advantages that Cloud Computing has end even less of the disadvantages.

Read about Cloud Gaming

szaromir

Banned
Stephen Colbert said:
I like your idea of using 16 gig flash drives. Load times are starting to annoying. This would stop those.

A built in ssd could go great with this. A 16gb NAND chip costs about $10 when bought in bulk. Seems viable.

More importantly for MS, using flash drives will in all likelihood stop piracy dead in it's tracks. Can't exactly burn things to a dvd to play on a modded console if the console doesn't even have a dvd drive in the first place.
R4 for Xbox wouldn't help matters either.

Jonm1010

Banned
Im saying that I think this notion that everyone will gimp their system like nintendo did with the wii probably isn't accurate...... If one of the two puts out a console that is the next gen graphics equivalent of the wii vs the ps3 - and doesn't have any groundbreaking gameplay changes like the wii - what's to stop the other person from throwing in a top of the line graphics card, taking a loss and blasting viral ad campaigns 24/7 about how shitty the other system is for the same price?

I think microsofts and Sonys fear of the other one upping them and them needing to have a significant enough uograde to get people to jump on board with a new system will inevitably lead to them not going the wii route.

szaromir said:
R4 for Xbox wouldn't help matters either.

R4 works because DS games are ~ 32mbs. So you can buy a 16gb sd card and store a ton of them on there.

But it wouldn't have the same appeal on a console since each console game will probably take up the full space of an sd card.

itsgreen

Stephen Colbert said:

I'm wondering if project denver from Nvidia (the Maxwell) could be used as a GPU and CPU on the same chip. It already has several ARM cpu cores integrated into it. So reason they can't function as the sole CPU (or one supplemented with a Cell) as well.

This is $10 for memory chips or $.35 for a disc.

Won't happen.

[Nintex]

Jonm1010 said:
Why not? Especially if they release in 2014 or even late 2013? I'm not being combative but genuinely asking.

By 2013 Nvidia already plans on having their "Maxwell" card out that is poised to be an exponential leap over previous cards. I would find it very odd to hear microsoft or Sony come out and say we are going to put 4 year+ old tech in a system when this new generation of cards will already dwarf our output right out the gate.

My point has always been that if Sony or Microsoft blinks and does the above- putting way old tech in their new system to cut costs - the other can come in and take an initial loss and throw in the more current card and sell at the same price on the same launch date and crush the other one.
The Maxwell and TSMC 20nm speculation is not something Sony and Microsoft can base their next-gen plans on. Nvidia has known to be creative with graphs, it'll probably be a good chip but delayed(like always) and it was reported/rumored in 2009 that AMD had already won the GPU contract for the next Xbox. Again the ball will start rolling soon.

We've already seen tech demo's at GDC and confirmations of Ubisoft, Avalance and Epic that next-gen games are in production. We had MS searching for devs for obvious launch software like PGR5 as well. 2012 will probably be the year for a new Halo, most likely the next-gen one by 343 industries. Epic's game will probably hit a year later. MS won't allow Nintendo to have a head start or others to convince their Xbox 360 community to move to a different platform. Third party support seems to be able to carry the Xbox 360 going forward so MS can allocate more resources to their next system. Kinect could be upgraded along with it or compatible with the next box. I'm guessing the last with a Kinect 2 coming down the line.

itsgreen said:
This is $10 for memory chips or $.35 for a disc.

Won't happen.

I don't think that will stop Nintendo. They never hesistate to use carthrages to reduce load times if it's viable, even if they have to charge more for their games. The N64 was proof of this.

When the N64 was being made, cds were under a dollar per disk, cartrages were $15 or so. They also took much longer to produce than they do now. That's why everyone and their mom, including Sega switched over to CDs.

But not Nintendo. They were adamant that they dislike loadtimes and backed out on using discs for this very reason.

It wasn't viable to use flash memory when the Wii came out, but the price of 16gbs of nand memory has dropped so dramatically already, and will continue to drop further by 2013, that it's a viable medium again. So I wouldn't be that surprised if that's the direction Nintendo went in.

Jonm1010 said:
By 2013 Nvidia already plans on having their "Maxwell" card out that is poised to be an exponential leap over previous cards. I would find it very odd to hear microsoft or Sony come out and say we are going to put 4 year+ old tech in a system when this new generation of cards will already dwarf our output right out the gate.

My point has always been that if Sony or Microsoft blinks and does the above- putting way old tech in their new system to cut costs - the other can come in and take an initial loss and throw in the more current card and sell at the same price on the same launch date and crush the other one.

I think it's very likely that MS will go with AMD again and Sony will go with Nvidia, the Nvidia Maxwell in particular.

For one, I think that will make backwards compatiblity easier to pull off if both companies stick with the same gpu maker as the previous generation. Also, MS had a bad experience with Nvidia with the original Xbox and they had a bit of a falling out.

And most importantly, the contracts MS and Sony secure with AMD/Nvidia probably ensure that there is no conflict of interest, and that the companies resources aren't split between designing gpus for multiple consoles. Something like a noncompete clause, that says okay, we'll use you guys for our next console, but you can't turn around and design our competitors console gpu as well.

Jonm1010

Banned
StevieP said:
Cr...crush them? Because graphics were the deciding factor this gen. Clearly.

As far as your second concurrent post is concerned, btw... you realize that until this gen Sony had the weakest systems during the other eras they were a part of, don't you? (and they won them both) Perhaps you should let that sink in.
Timing, power, comfortable pricing(doesn't necessarily mean cheapest), marketing, games and features are all variables in the equation. It wasn't lack of power that got playstation and PS2 to the top it was coming out on the winning end on the majority of that and losing to 360 and wii in many of those departments this gen.

I just don't see a scenario where the 720 and ps4 are just two Ps3's strapped together or two 360s slapped together unless they are in collusion..... Fear of the others system features and capabilities, not to mention, having already introduced their own Wii- like features will mean they need to find other ways to convince consumers to buy the new system. I personally think that means a mix of impressive new graphics, a decent price(no 499 bullshit), good games, good marketing, impressive features and a competitive release date.

Stop equating weak graphics with success. The Wii's success is 70% due to a gimmick that casuals ended up being enamored with, and 30% due to 2D Mario and Mario Kart and the metric ton of appeal these iconic franchises have to gamers and nongamers alike.

Even then, third parties don't exactly consider the Wii a success. Most every game they make for it is dead on arrival sales wise.

The Wii didn't succeed because it had weak graphics, it succeeded in spite of them, and did so entirely because of a gimmick that had never been done before, that none of it's competitors were offering, and that consumers luckily embraced with open arms.

That's not something easy to replicate. The only gimmick I see on the horizon that could command the same type of attention from casuals again is Virtual Reality.

StevieP said:
Cr...crush them? Because graphics were the deciding factor this gen. Clearly.

In terms of multiplatform sales and recruitment, yes, yes it was.

Other than Nintendo staple titles, consumers had no interest in buying third party games on the Wii that look a generation behind games on the 360/PS3 games. Multiplatform sales were pathetic, and the weak graphics was a huge part of the reason why.

Nintendo was able to sustain the Wii on the back of their own games, because 2D Mario and Mario Kart have such immense mass appeal, but I don't think MS or Sony could have pulled it off.

itsgreen

Stephen Colbert said:
I don't think that will stop Nintendo. They never hesistate to use carthrages to reduce load times if it's viable, even if they have to charge more for their games. The N64 was proof of this.

It wasn't viable when the Wii came out, but the price of 16gbs of nand memory has dropped so dramatically already, and will continue to drop further by 2013, that it's a viable medium again.

I think you severely underestimate how much this is a business for all companies that actually make consoles. Every cent saved is multiplied by at least 50 million if a console is successful. Every cent is worth 500.000$. Saving a few bucks is over 150.000.000$. They won't just do things because it is nicer for Neogaf.

They still use flash memory for portables because of the battery. A disc drive sucks the battery dry. That's the reason. And that the chips used for that are much smaller, and thus cheaper, than would be needed on a home console.

bdizzle said:
And millions more agree with me. There's more people not paying for XBL than there are paying for it. Everything that MS offers has been on PCs for yearsssssssssssssssssssss at a total cost of $0. Pretty much everything MS does is on the PSN for free. People pay 60/yr for XBL to get p2p match making. Neither of these services are worth the money IMO.

People pay $40 a year to be connected to their friends seamlessly while playing online games. The one thing PC's hasn't had for yearssssssssssssssssssss are people I know in real life playing games on it. If I gamed alone, it wouldn't be a big deal at all but if your friends are drinking at a bar with a cover.... paying the cover is better than drinking alone at the free bar.

FLEABttn

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
People pay $40 a year to be connected to their friends seamlessly while playing online games. The one thing PC's hasn't had for yearssssssssssssssssssss are people I know in real life playing games on it. If I gamed alone, it wouldn't be a big deal at all but if your friends are drinking at a bar with a cover.... paying the cover is better than drinking alone at the free bar.

Doesn't work. You don't buy the bar and then pay a cover charge at the door. Getting your friends to go to the free bar isn't hard when it's down the block or whatever.

LyR

Banned
already posted this in another thread but I'll post this here again because it's more than relevant

We started thinking about the next generation before we shipped the Xbox 360. It doesn't start with a date. It starts way upstream with silicon development. From that comes a series of data points. You start making early technology choices. It's an evolving thing. Stuff doesn't become concrete until you get inside a window of when you have to ship, more than 18 months or so out." Source
Microsoft EMEA veep Chris Lewis says the company is already working on its next next-generation console because "we have to".

Preliminary work is already under way, he told UK games site Kikizo.

"You can't sit back on your laurels in this business - the consumer won't let you, the developers certainly won't let us. So that's happening right now," he said.

The research and development practices of the console division are "no different than any other part of Microsoft" though, he insisted.

The news that Microsoft is already working on an Xbox 360 successor won't come as much surprise, mind - having been last to market with its first Xbox, the company was first to market in the next generation.

Source plus ATI/AMD win GPU contract for next Xbox

playstation4 games in development says sony

frontieruk

FLEABttn said:
Doesn't work. You don't buy the bar and then pay a cover charge at the door. Getting your friends to go to the free bar isn't hard when it's down the block or whatever.

but when the bar and the cover costs less than a round in the free bar, your friends may not move...

Doffen

FLEABttn said:
Sourly you don’t need to pay cover charge at the door at your own bar. But let’s look at it this way; you pay for the cover charge and for the drinks, I know madness right, but that’s how it works if you want to have a fun Friday/Saturday night.

And getting that free bar thing clearly depends on your friends.

Wonder if MS will make another DirectX transition/protoype/tweener GPU like Xenos (do stuff beyond the current DirectX standard of the time but not be a full on next DriectX piece and have some hardware from a future DirectX)

FLEABttn said:

Getting your friends to move to the free bar is impossible since most of them don't care to move as they are already happy where they are and drinking with their friends. I'm not the kind of guy that drinks alone to prove a point.

Again, people are going to play online where their friends are. If that is PSN, PC, or 360. The 360 is just way easier for a group of people who know each other to get into games together. It's not rocket science and easy to see why people continue to pay... even gamers who own every system.

camineet

Banned
M°°nblade said:
Native 1080p may be the norm but I expect a lot of games to run at sub full HD resolution, anywhere between 720p and 1080p. Not that much different from the current situation where we have games like Alan Wake running in 547p while some XBLA or PSN games run in 1080p.

I agree, for the most part.

Stephen Colbert said:

I love this idea only due to my inherent log-term desire to see Microsoft fail in any way possible, even though their gaming end is the only end of them I don't totally dislike.

Stephen Colbert said:
Everything you've ever said.
Sir,

You are an exquisite poster. You appear to be the funniest new poster we've had in quite a while. You truly live up to your namesake.

You have my approval.

2q0pmk0.gif

FLEABttn

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Again, people are going to play online where their friends are. If that is PSN, PC, or 360. The 360 is just way easier for a group of people who know each other to get into games together. It's not rocket science and easy to see why people continue to pay... even gamers who own every system.

It's not rocket science. It's just stupid.

Stephen Colbert said:
I think it's very likely that MS will go with AMD again and Sony will go with Nvidia, the Nvidia Maxwell in particular.

For one, I think that will make backwards compatiblity easier to pull off if both companies stick with the same gpu maker as the previous generation. Also, MS had a bad experience with Nvidia with the original Xbox and they had a bit of a falling out.

And most importantly, the contracts MS and Sony secure with AMD/Nvidia probably ensure that there is no conflict of interest, and that the companies resources aren't split between designing gpus for multiple consoles. Something like a noncompete clause, that says okay, we'll use you guys for our next console, but you can't turn around and design our competitors console gpu as well.

sony wont go with nvidia imo, I'm pretty certian that nvidia pulled the same crap they did with MS on the first gen xbox hardware. (ie kept the gpu prices inflated).

there's a ton of other chip developers in the sea.

Solid warrior said:
i'd love to see the next xbox come with kinect sensor integrated.

I was actually thinking about this. The 360 already came with a lot of stuff. So how likely will it be that Microsoft and Sony will actually be able to put together a cutting edge console, a controller, a headset, Kinect/Move, hard drives and built in router/wireless technology along with all the extra connectivity slots, all in one box, for $399?

That's a lot of stuff. I think people that still cling on to that $299 price tag need to remember that these consoles come with a lot more stuff than the old 16, 32 and 64 bits predecessors did.

Something's gotta give I think.

I also wonder why some are saying the next Xbox will have a current or older gen GPU that won't be up to par with whatever GPU's top of the line in the PC world. That wasn't the case with either Xbox. While it didn't take long for PC graphics cards to surpass them when both of those consoles launched their GPU's were considered top of the line, neck in neck with whatever was the best on the PC at that time.

Unless Microsoft has a change in philosophy, then I would expect whatever Nvidia or ATI's hottest GPU is at the time, that's what they will go with. It will most likely either be based on something that just comes out at the time, or it will be a transition, console optimized chip of a PC GPU that's yet to be completed and released. Just like the 360's GPU which I think reigned as the best GPU for a couple of months before ATI completed and released its more advanced PC sister cards.

Jin34

Oh man I really hope that was a misspelling and he meant no optical discs just so I can see a company make the dumbest business decision in the history of the universe and go DD only, just for the lulz.

G Rom

I don't understand people saying that we don't need the most power available in 2012/2013. They seem to only focus on graphics.

While I want a beefy GPU to get tessellation (I want roads like in Sega Rally Revo in all racing games for example), resolutions closer to 1080p, better filtering, better framerate, etc..., I also want more CPU power and RAM for improved AI, improved physics, standard Red Faction Guerilla/Bad Company level of destruction (with even more on better titles), bigger and more crowded areas, etc...

I also believe that next-gen won't be DD only. I could see a DD SKU though, sold for 30-50$/€ less, I could see that selling a lot to the hardcore crowd IF MS/Sony adopts a Steam way of thinking regarding sales and pricing (but that won't happen).
Apple are IMO the only company which would be able to release a DD only console in the near future with both all their established brick and mortar Apple Store and the online Apple Store.

My main wishes for next-gen :

-Best GPU fitting in a console at the time of release
-Best CPU fitting in a console at the time of release
-3 or 4 GB or very fast RAM
-Games can come on BD25, BD50 or even BDXL if needed
-Tweak the almost perfect Xbox 360 Controller (D-Pad...)
-Ditch the terrible DualShock design please Sony
-Ditch the NXE and hire some UI expert please Microsoft
-High bitrate lossless or LPCM 7.1 audio in all games
-Ability to chose, like on a DVD or Blu-ray, the language of dubbing and subtitles separately
-No RROD or YLOD
-Silent consoles
-Don't want 3D to gimp games
-No XID BS
-Mandatory demo for all PSN games

Dreaming :

-Cross platform online gaming

Personally, I can't wait to see the first next-gen games. I remember back in 2005 when I first saw the 4000 orcs scene of Kameo or PGR3 running in front of my eyes, those were my first "wow !" of this gen. Remember the famous Fight Night 3 demo, it was unbelievable at the time too ! :)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
It will be so funny when MS and Sony bring out their fancy Kinect2 and Move2 out-of-the-box consoles right after the moment Nintendo announces their totally different new console ideas. Mark my words!

Bufbaf said:
It will be so funny when MS and Sony bring out their fancy Kinect2 and Move2 out-of-the-box consoles right after the moment Nintendo announces their totally different new console ideas. Mark my words!

Nintendo will just put two ducktaped Wii in a box, together with a glasses free 3D 20 inch monitor.

xD

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
OldJadedGamer said:
The 360 launched at $299. Remember, at the time of launch no other system besides the original Xbox shipped with a HDD and people were still used to buying memory cards like the PS2. At launch there was no need at the time to REQUIRE an HDD. I have a few friends that bought core units at launch.

I know someone who was given the original 360 Elite (120GB) and has never used the HDD for anything but game saves.

G Rom said:
-Tweak the almost perfect Xbox 360 Controller (D-Pad...)

Done already.
but they still need to tweak the price

I also think we'll see a real beast by today's standards, because the thing is not coming out until 2013 or even 2014. Most predictions I've seen in this thread are really conservative. There's not going to be a Wiiified 360, i.e. it's already here in the shape of Kinect + redesigned Xbox 360.

Bufbaf said:

Yeah, I can't wait for vitality sensors for all your fingers and toes!
don't go there

itsgreen

les papillons sexuels said:
sony wont go with nvidia imo, I'm pretty certian that nvidia pulled the same crap they did with MS on the first gen xbox hardware. (ie kept the gpu prices inflated).

there's a ton of other chip developers in the sea.

Have you got any prove of this? Cause I sincerely doubt this. Sony is not stupid and know how this business works and even saw MS making the mistake. I am pretty sure Sony only bought the design from Nvidia... so Nvidia doesn't have anything to say about the price of anyting.

Dabanton

FLEABttn said:
It's not rocket science. It's just stupid.

No it's just the way it is. I have all three systems and a PC.

Taking just my PS3 and Xbox 360, i have 3 real life friends on PS3. 2 of whom only play FIFA or F1 and another who is rarely on PSN due to his working hours. I have 25 real life friends on Xbox 360 who play a variety of different games so i always have someone to jump into a game with.

Putting the silly bar analogies to the side i want to play where most of my friends are. That's what it comes down to for most people. You wanna game by yourself on another system more power to you.

Gorgon

Watchtower said:
I also wonder why some are saying the next Xbox will have a current or older gen GPU that won't be up to par with whatever GPU's top of the line in the PC world. That wasn't the case with either Xbox. While it didn't take long for PC graphics cards to surpass them when both of those consoles launched

Unless Microsoft has a change in philosophy, then I would expect whatever Nvidia or ATI's hottest GPU is at the time, that's what they will go with. It will most likely either be based on something that just comes out at the time, or it will be a transition, console optimized chip of a PC GPU that's yet to be completed and released. Just like the 360's GPU which I think reigned as the best GPU for a couple of months before ATI completed and released its more advanced PC sister cards.

No, they weren't and no, they didn't. The GPU on the 360 did have technology that wan't available to the Pc market at the time, namely unified shaders architecture. However, when it was released there were far more powerful PC GPUs than that, even though the tecnology was older.

Just saying.

StevieP

Banned
Stephen Colbert said:
Stop equating weak graphics with success. The Wii's success is 70% due to a gimmick that casuals ended up being enamored with, and 30% due to 2D Mario and Mario Kart and the metric ton of appeal these iconic franchises have to gamers and nongamers alike.

Even then, third parties don't exactly consider the Wii a success. Most every game they make for it is dead on arrival sales wise.

The Wii didn't succeed because it had weak graphics, it succeeded in spite of them, and did so entirely because of a gimmick that had never been done before, that none of it's competitors were offering, and that consumers luckily embraced with open arms.

That's not something easy to replicate. The only gimmick I see on the horizon that could command the same type of attention from casuals again is Virtual Reality.

In terms of multiplatform sales and recruitment, yes, yes it was.

Other than Nintendo staple titles, consumers had no interest in buying third party games on the Wii that look a generation behind games on the 360/PS3 games. Multiplatform sales were pathetic, and the weak graphics was a huge part of the reason why.

Nintendo was able to sustain the Wii on the back of their own games, because 2D Mario and Mario Kart have such immense mass appeal, but I don't think MS or Sony could have pulled it off.

Paging Jokeropedia, paging Joker!

FLEABttn

Banned
Dabanton said:
No it's just the way it is.

It's not "the way it is". It was created by you. Two or three months of self-control from the Xbox 1 community would have killed off p2p gaming but most people are stupid.

And instead of trying to fix the problem, people are all too willing to pay the $50 yearly and talk about how awesome it is or talk about how nothing can be done, when they're the reason it was continued to begin with.

Rainier

FLEABttn said:
It's not "the way it is". It was created by you. Two or three months of self-control from the Xbox 1 community would have killed off p2p gaming but most people are stupid.

And instead of trying to fix the problem, people are all too willing to pay the $50 yearly and talk about how awesome it is or talk about how nothing can be done, when they're the reason it was continued to begin with.
This is why I don't own a cell phone. People pay monthly for that shit? For what, convenience? You all brought this on yourselves.

FLEABttn

Banned
Rainier said:
This is why I don't own a cell phone. People pay monthly for that shit? For what, convenience? You all brought this on yourselves.

Oh I must have missed all the free cell phone service out there. Pray tell, who provides that?

Mikasangelos said:
Gimme a system that will run 1080p games @60FPS smoothly and consistently and i'll be happy. *doubtful*

It'll be able to run current gen games at 1080p 60fps.

Let me ask you a question: Would you have been happy if the 360 and PS3 simply ran last gen PS2 and Xbox games in 720p, 60FPS? I don't think anyone would have been happy or satisfied with that.

Arpharmd B said:
It'll be able to run current gen games at 1080p 60fps.

Let me ask you a question: Would you have been happy if the 360 and PS3 simply ran last gen PS2 and Xbox games in 720p, 60FPS? I don't think anyone would have been happy or satisfied with that.
I would have been, but then again, I think that polygons were a mistake.

BboyDubC

I have information that a next gen console will be debuting next fall. My company just got commissioned for making a next gen cpu for one of the console makers, and they need us to push it so they can make launch of next fall. Not going to disclose any more than that.

BboyDubC said:
I have information that a next gen console will be debuting next fall. My company just got commissioned for making a next gen cpu for one of the console makers, and they need us to push it so they can make launch of next fall. Not going to disclose any more than that.

That is awesome.

I won't try and pry any more information out of you cause I wouldn't want you to get in trouble. All I can say is new console next year yes!!!

BboyDubC said:

That has to be Nintendo.

BboyDubC

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you think any brand new CPU can be developed in 1 year, start to finish, you're beyond crazy. We've already been working on "this iteration" for a year and it was part of our existing roadmap, we just got called to pull in our dev schedule. Think I'm still under NDA with this....

Game Guru

Interesting... Again, I hope that whichever company is making the console remembers to make it backwards compatible. I've always loved backwards compatibility in the PS2 and GBA. I'm pretty open to getting either Microsoft or Nintendo's next system, though when games I want come for either.

Top Bottom