• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online

DigitalOp

Banned
It may be pointless... But Im gonna disconnectify my avatar until MS officially confirms or backs down.

We may be the minority in the gaming population, But all of us here at GAF matter because WE are the enthusiasts who put these corporations in the place they stand now.

WE'VE supported them year after year.

WE are the early adopters.

Yet WE are the ones who suffer most after showing support with our hard earned money

I would like to call for GAF to take a stand. Feel free to join me. Get creative!

image.php

yZXd0cY.png

PSN was down for 24 days and there's no way to be sure that can't happen again, to them or Microsoft.

If Durango is ONLINE ONLY, as a shareholder I'd be seriously pissed that they are opening themselves up to huge risk. They would be one major hack away from losing billions in revenue and destroying all the mindshare they have built in the last 11+ years.

Not to mention leaving tens of millions of customers on the table.

I am a former shareholder. I hold no MSFT right now, but I'd considered buying it again.

Jarmel

Banned
I love how Microsoft and the industry is becoming more inclusive when production costs are rising along with marketing costs. Instead of trying to actually fix management and production issues on the game development side, they're becoming more insular and trying to milk the current fanbase. Also despite a lot of the rhetoric this gen about becoming more open and developing larger fanbases, actions like this are limiting in regards to both new customers as well as current ones. It's a very self-defeating policy.

It may be pointless... But Im gonna disconnectify my avatar until MS officially confirms or backs down.

We may be the minority in the gaming population, But all of us here at GAF matter because WE are the enthusiasts who put these corporations in the place they stand now.

Yet WE are the ones who suffer most after showing support with our hard earned money

I would like to call for GAF to take a stand. Feel free to join me. Get creative!

image.php

You have my sword.

Persona86

Banned
ZST8Kr1.jpg

SEE THIS SHIT? PLAYING XBOX IN IRAQ, FUCK THESE GUYS

Seriously though playing Xbox on deployment was a big fucking deal for me. What else am I suppose to do? I not fucking reading books.

PS4
WiiU
3DS
Vita
TV Shows
Board Games
Learn to juggle?
Movies
Learn to enjoy reading books

etc etc

;)

Interfectum

I love how Microsoft and the industry is becoming more inclusive when production costs are rising along with marketing costs. Instead of trying to actually fix management and production issues on the game development side, they're becoming more insular and trying to milk the current fanbase. Also despite a lot of the rhetoric this gen about becoming more open and developing larger fanbases, actions like this are limiting in regards to both new customers as well as current ones. It's a very self-defeating policy.

Feels like the comic book industry all over again.

image.php

If anybody wants me to Durango their avatar, let me know. I'm sitting at the ready with Photoshop open waiting to take requests.

Cheers.

I hate that this has blown up so much; now they might wise up and recant. I wanted them to keep this always-online thing; I wanted to see them down in flames.

On the other hand, they did hire this "sweet Billy" character, so they may still keep this, ahem, "feature". :)

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Just some reality check on the funny streetfighter.gif.

Could it not be possible to allow 3-5 min offline play, if your connection just happened to go down when doing a finishing move?

Just saying "what if..."

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I can just imagine the conference now...

"The Xbox 720 entertainment system brings you unparalleled social connectivity™ only possible through Xbox Live. With an always on connection, you and your friends are always connected all the time. Purchase new gamerpics, check out some new Doritos snack deals, or buy the latest horse armor DLC, all from the comfort of your living room."

0070_nqcgj.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
From the Major:
http://majornelson.com/2013/04/05/official-statement-on-what-was-said-yesterday/

I wanted to give you the official Microsoft Statement regarding some comments you may have seen yesterday::

"We apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers. We are very sorry if this offended anyone, however we have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

As frequent readers of my blog know, the moment we have news about our products I will be sharing all the details I can.

CyReN

edit: wario'd.

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/05/official-statement-on-what-was-said-yesterday/

Official Statement on what was said yesterday

I wanted to give you the official Microsoft Statement regarding some comments you may have seen yesterday::

"We apologize for the inappropriate comments made by an employee on Twitter yesterday. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views do not reflect the customer centric approach we take to our products or how we would communicate directly with our loyal consumers. We are very sorry if this offended anyone, however we have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter."

As frequent readers of my blog know, the moment we have news about our products I will be sharing all the details I can.

From the Major:

Sweet Billy is already dead.

Dysun

From the Major:

Time for some spin, damage control go

oVerde

Banned
FROM MAJOR NELSON's Blog: http://majornelson.com/2013/04/05/official-statement-on-what-was-said-yesterday/
Official Statement on what was said yesterday

So, it begins.

railGUN

Banned
From the Major:

I'm surprised Gies still has a job - figured MS would have canned him yesterday...

Top Bottom