• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Studios' creative director has some choice words about always-online

Vire

Want to see something insane?

C95732R.png

Top story on Yahoo.com, one of the most viewed websites in the world.

GAF am proud.

BigDug13

Well, there is much praise for a certain subscription-model where you don´t own anything either. There is always a market.

Didn't you see the note at the bottom? Leasing does not imply savings as you will still be expected to purchase each game for $60 then buy DLC afterwards.

I'm at a full dozen myself.

15th360twitter.png

I have to ask... WHY?

Seriously, I don't understand.

I had an rrod as well a year after my warranty expired (barely ever played the thing yet somehow it broke anyways) and I would never consider replacing something with such a high known failure rate.

What possessed you to keep getting these things fixed or replaced? Were they in warranty every time or what?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Yes, and I recognize this. A lot of people don't, apparently. Nobody should be upset about the conversation between him and his friend. Dumb place to have the conversation, but they were joking around.

Everything else that was no between him and his friend is fair game, I realize this.
No one here cares about the city comments. They care about the other comments that have to do with always online.

Mentioned this in passing to my mum who instantly said to stay away and this was just to collect information on me. Can't wait for the mandatory 'player identification' through Kinect lol

Boss Man

Well, there is much praise for a certain subscription-model where you don´t own anything either. There is always a market.
I love Netflix. I wouldn't be dumb enough to subscribe to it if I also had to purchase everything I watched on it though.

Boss Man

I have to ask... WHY?

Seriously, I don't understand.

I had an rrod as well a year after my warranty expired (barely ever played the thing yet somehow it broke anyways) and I would never consider replacing something with such a high known failure rate.

What possessed you to keep getting these things fixed or replaced? Were they in warranty every time or what?
I assume the ones without a repair date were tossed for a new one. As to why, I can't answer that one.

I would still buy it. Just like others here. So? Lol
He was curious so I was giving him a sneak peek.

spannicus

No news gets peoples attention like negative news. I bet this is all done by MS to get the nexbox into as many minds as possible then wow you at E3. Free publicity or I could be wrong.

Boss Man

Oh didn't see it.
Added to list...

So yes, something of a conspicuous absence right now.
image.php

I know the list is bigger now, and some of them are pretty important. But still.

Revven

No news gets peoples attention like negative news. I bet this is all done by MS to get the nexbox into as many minds as possible then wow you at E3. Free publicity or I could be wrong.

I don't agree with this line of thinking. If MS had this much foresight, I don't think Major Nelson would have made any PR statement at all today. They would have candidly ignored it if it was all planned ahead of time.

Additionally, this idea has been presented several times in this thread already, lol.

Vire

Up to 10,000 Likes on this one comment on the IGN article.

Nope, not a problem for Microsoft according to some of the apologists here...

4gwNt5t.png

Boss Man

Cool, console war bullshit as if it matters here.
How is that console warz exactly? You can't call everyone out and say that they're going to be wrong and then get pissy and call it console wars when someone disagrees and says you will be wrong.

I'm at a full dozen myself.

15th360twitter.png

No offense, but whose fault is this? I mean, fool me once, shame on you. And you know the rest. There's brand loyalty and then there's puzzling behavior such as yours. I would have said fuck it after the second time. You know what? That's exactly what I did.

wildfire

Banned
Up to 10,000 Likes on this one comment on the IGN article.

Nope, not a problem for Microsoft according to some of the apologists here...

4gwNt5t.png

That is legendary in of itself. I've never seen likes crack 4 digits and we already have one jumping to five? Damn.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Well my Internet in my apartment is currently down right now. I wouldn't be able to play a single player game if I got a Nextbox.

ari

Banned
How is that console warz exactly? You can't call everyone out and say that they're going to be wrong and then get pissy and call it console wars when someone disagrees and says you will be wrong.
Wrong about what? That people will still buy the box here even with always online? How could i possibly be wrong about that?

Boss Man

Well my Internet in my apartment is currently down right now. I wouldn't be able to play a single player game if I got a Nextbox.
Ah, I see where that other poster was coming from now. If you're out there, I understand your side.

Wrong about what? That people will still buy the box here even with always online? How could i possibly be wrong about?
You said we're all going to be 'spinning' this and eating crow. He said you would be. I agreed and predicted your spin, "I guess GAF is happy. Always-online doesn't bother me though." Because your attitude is that it's you vs. the world, and you being wrong would have no consequence to you other than as an opportunity to fortify that belief. GAF, as a brainwashed collective, is not right (and I'm certainly not wrong), they just lucked out so they're happy now. Either way, it never really mattered to me anyway. I just said those things to rile them up. You called it console wars at that point. I'm not sure if I answered your question or not but that's the best I can explain.

How will gaf spin this crow onslaught when MS announce non always on??

Tamanon

Banned
No offense, but whose fault is this? I mean, fool me once, shame on you. And you know the rest. There's brand loyalty and then there's puzzling behavior such as yours. I would have said fuck it after the second time. You know what? That's exactly what I did.

Eh, he's only paid for one 360. If it kept breaking, I'd keep getting it fixed, otherwise it's just wasted money.

Top Bottom