• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to bring 30 games to GDC! (17 Reg, 13 Indie, 16 X enhanced, 25 Console Exclusives, complete list in thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft-is-Bringing-30-Games-to-GDC.jpg

Microsoft is apparently planning a big presence at the Game Developers Conference next week in San Francisco. The publisher announced today that they’ll be bringing 30 games with them to GDC 2019. And 13 of those titles will be brand new indie projects courtesy of ID@Xbox program.
We won’t know specifics about many of these games until they get their moment to shine next week. But Microsoft did publish a list of those titles that would be in attendance and a brief synopsis for each

Here are the games:

1. Afterparty (Night School Studio) – Xbox Game Pass
  2. Beholder 2 (E-Home Entertainment/Alawar Premium Limited) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  3. Boomerang Fu (Cranky Watermelon Pty Ltd) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  4. Buildings Have Feelings Too (Merge Games Ltd/Black Staff Games)
  5. Cake Bash (High Tea Frog) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  6. Cat Quest II (PQube/The Gentlebros)
  7. CrossCode (Deck13 Interactive/Radical Fish Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  8. Dead End Job (Headup GmbH/Ant Workshop) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  9. Dead Static Drive (Fanclub) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  10. Devil’s Hunt (1C Publishing EU/Layopi Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  11. Door Kickers: Action Squad (Killhouse Games/PixelShard) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  12. Family Man (No More Robots/Broken Bear Games)
  13. Hunt: Showdown (Crytek) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  14. HyperDot (GLITCH/Tribe Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox Play Anywhere
  15. Lonely Mountains: Downhill (Thunderful/Megagon Industries) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  16. Minion Masters (BetaDwarf) – Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  17. Mowin’ & Throwin’ (House Pixel Games) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  18. Operencia: The Stolen Sun (Zen Studios) – Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Play Anywhere, Xbox One X Enhanced
  19. Raji: An Ancient Epic (SUPER.com/Nodding Head Games) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  20. Silver Chains (Headup GmbH/Cracked Heads) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  21. Sparklite (Merge Games Ltd/RedBlue Games)
  22. StarCrossed (Whitethorn Digital/Contigo Games Inc.) – Announced Today for Xbox One
  23. Stela (SkyBox Labs) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10, Xbox One X Enhanced
  24. The Forgotten City (Modern Storyteller) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  25. The Sojourn (Iceberg Interactive/Shifting Tides) – Xbox One X Enhanced
  26. Totem Teller (Grinning Pickle) – Announced Today for Xbox One, Xbox One X Enhanced
  27. UnderMine (Thorium Entertainment) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  28. Unrailed! (Daedalic Entertainment/Indoor Astronaut) – Announced Today for Xbox One & Windows 10
  29. Void Bastards (Humble Bundle/Blue Manchu) – Xbox Game Pass
  30. Xenosis: Alien Infection (NerdRage Studios) – Xbox One X Enhanced
More detail on the 13 indie games here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/03/11/id-xbox-gdc-2019/

Looks like Microsoft is taking this GDC a bit more serious than usual, seems they may be using GDC as a teaser for the "announced" huge E# line-up coming soon. Either way this benefits gamers at the end of the day so it's all good to me. Hopefully a lot of these games are quality.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
damn xbox one x is on FIRE
Yep, you could say that they just signed the Playstation's death warrant. They're gonna give all these games away FREE with the new $99 model that will come out and CRUSH the competition.

Sony has never been in a worse position. MS is gonna crush them. You watch how many threads will pop up agreeing with me.

Yes, this is sarcasm, but still good news for MS

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
If that 99 dollar console is true. That shit would be the icing on the cake.

Xenon

I am so done with atmospheric 2D games like Stella. is it weird I'm more excited for bc enhanced games than actual new ones.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Are these premiering at GDC? I haven't heard of any of them other than Hunt: The Showdown.

I am so done with atmospheric 2D games like Stella. is it weird I'm more excited for bc enhanced games than actual new ones.
Older games come from a more honest and pure time. Everybody willing to leap into microtransaction hell and broken game havens nowadays. It's rare that we get a game thats complete at launch anymore. GaaS is Ass.

Last edited:

Arkage

Banned
I've heard of none of these games, so it seems about as interesting as a cursory glance at the glut of indie games released on Steam on any given day of the year.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Well, that's what the thread title says.

But seriously though, expect a long conference.

Well, I was confused because Hunt: The Showdown is on Pc already, so technically it's not a premiere. I was wondering if any of these other games got press prior to GDC.

Well, I was confused because Hunt: The Showdown is on Pc already, so technically it's not a premiere. I was wondering if any of these other games got press prior to GDC.

I think like 10 of the 13 indies are either already on PC, or were announce for PC first and then will get announced at GDC for Xbox but releasing the same day/close by.)
For example the first game is not out but it's already announced for PC before iirc.

TLZ

Banned
You want them to have a 3 hour inside xbox? Inside Xbox is just a occasional update thing, it's not a real conference.
Do they really need 3 hours to announce these Indies?

Didn't their last E3 have around 40-50 games (can't remember) done in less time?

Do they really need 3 hours to announce these Indies?

Didn't their last E3 have around 40-50 games (can't remember) done in less time?

I think you read my quote wrong.

This isn't all indies for one, it's only 13 indies, inside Xbox isn't a conference, so it's not meant to be long, that was my point. No reason to list 30 games on inside xbox, they already pad-out inside xbox enough as it, just look at the current one on live right now, tons of padding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom