• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheteedo

The "Nintendo prophet" chiming in, highlighted the relevant bits pertaining to Microsoft;

I dont know the reliability of this guy but his original post claiming Nintendo's title is still there and he's not banned yet. Maybe the mods know/dont know whats up. Obviously use salt since he's no Cboat.

So is the interpretation that MS's conference will have appealing games that require anti-DRM folk to resist giving in to?

The "Nintendo prophet" chiming in, highlighted the relevant bits pertaining to Microsoft;

I dont know the reliability of this guy but his original post claiming Nintendo's title is still there and he's not banned yet. Maybe the mods know/dont know whats up. Obviously use salt since he's no Cboat.

Honestly, anyone who would write "Microsoft will be totally irrelevant" cannot be taken completely seriously, because that statement just carries far too much hyperbole.

Pug

Just sayin', CBOAT is legit.

Unfortunately the heat of a thousand suns still wouldn't make up for their attack on consumers :(

Well this consumer couldn't give a flying feck about DRM if they have the games I want to play I will buy one, simple.

Walshicus

Cboat has time after time gone to bat for the information he has given us, and time after time he has been proven factually right. Why do you think everyone holds him in high regard?

Seems not safe to bet against Cboat.

Is there a list of his hits and misses? I'd not heard of the guy until last weeked, so I can imagine some people who've similarly not been exposed to him would have a healthy degree of scepticism.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Without being super exact...brace yourselves really damn friggin hard for MS's presser in the morning and NO MATTER WHAT happens stand together as gamers that love their hobby. Stand up as a group and fight tor what you believe in and tell Microsoft NO. Sony's will be the stuff dreams are made of and after that presser is done, Microsoft will be totally irrelevant. Late tomorrow night will be an extremely jubilant party here after Sony. That's all I can say without turning up my hot seat I'm in even more.

DELICIOUS HYPERBOLE.

Well I'll be back around 12/12:30 so I'm sure gaf will be struggling but it's finally here

Let's see dem games microsoft, Rare is back B^)

Im hoping there's a chance for killer instinct 1 and 2 for xbox live arcade or jet force Gemini , plus sequels to either game or banjo for launch

It's time B^)

DELICIOUS HYPERBOLE.

What's funny about that statement is if Sony is going to make Microsoft "totally irrelevant" (an absolutely idiotic statement), why must people stay strong during MS's conference? It's not like people can actually go out and buy these things right now

artist

Banned
DELICIOUS HYPERBOLE.
He's probably going to get permabanned in a day.

Besides that we have the messiah SuperDAE leaking all his Microsoft stuff. So we might be able to uncover some in-development titles from Epic and what not.

#OnlyPositiveNews

You find the controller more important tan the fact in a few years time all your games collection becomes useless and all those memories lost -_-

More important? No. Just very important since that's what I would be using the most with any console. The 360 controller is my all time favorite and I've been gaming since the C64 days.
Listen, I never rent games or buy them second hand. All my consoles are already always online. This does not mean that I condone these horrendous DRM practices and the cloud bs. I'm hoping for a knockout MS show in a couple of hours cause they've got a way to go to convince me to get the One.

Odahviing

Banned
found that:

gbg5mwcn2u3e.jpg

not sure from where the source is tho.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No, he's talking about the PR getting worse. Not the actual DRM.

No, he's talking about the DRM. Read the thread with the new information/rumor from BruceLeeRoy about basically making all your games playable only through a PS+ type system where you need to pay a yearly fee just to play what you already bought. He says he's only heard it from one person, though.

So is the interpretation that MS's conference will have appealing games that require anti-DRM folk to resist giving in to?

I don't care what they show, I'm not buying a console that supports DRM garbage. I'm a big fan of Skies of Arcadia and Panzer Dragoon and even a sequel for those games wouldn't get me to change my mind on buying the console.

Satchel

Banned
What's funny about that statement is if Sony is going to make Microsoft "totally irrelevant" (an absolutely idiotic statement), why must people stay strong during MS's conference? It's not like people can actually go out and buy these things right now

Funny, the NO MATTER WHAT makes me think MS will be dropping massive fucking bombs.

Can't wait.

No, he's talking about the DRM. Read the thread with the new information/rumor from BruceLeeRoy about basically making all your games playable only through a PS+ type system where you need to pay a yearly fee just to play what you already bought. He says he's only heard it from one person, though.

wait what?

Jb

There is no new info, its just a list of views that are impossible to prove or disprove. People will still take them as fact though.

What are you talking about? We'll know 8 hours from now if those were indeed facts.

Just listening to the Major Nelson podcast....mentions of E wanting Halo Wars 2....not that he's confirming anything.

:)

I am excited GAF.

No I think I'll just read facts rather than unconfirmed and extremely dubious FUD, thanks.

ari

Banned
Sucks with all the DRM hate. After JTAG and cfw for both consoles I don't blame MS or Sony for security measures. Piracy can eat a bag of dicks. It ruined the music industry and its now effecting the gaming industry.

Odahviing

Banned
Sucks with all the DRM hate. After JTAG and cfw for both consoles I don't blame MS or Sony for security measures. Piracy can eat a bag of dicks. It ruined the music industry and its now effecting the gaming industry.

Not to mention X-Keys and (previously) broken accounts which offered the whole marketplace for free.

BruceLeeRoy said they would be subsidising with cheaper prices as well though. Which is a massive conundrum if they make this big walled garden with subscription but say "the system is $299 and RRP is only between $30/40 for new games". The average consumer might just say "Screw my rights. That works out cheaper in the long run than Sony", even with subscription.

That could be a real terrifying Megaton.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew

I left that thread a few pages back. Wasn't aware of the recent developments.

Lynd7

I expect Microsoft to hit it out of the park with their conference. I think they know they need an extremely impressive games lineup.

I hope people keep up the anti-drm talk afterwards though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No I think I'll just read facts rather than unconfirmed and extremely dubious FUD, thanks.

Obviously being a junior member you're new here, so I'll be nice.

Crazy Buttocks on a Train has been verified by mods and has been right 100% of the time. BruceLeeRoy also has a fantastic track record.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I expect Microsoft to hit it out of the park with their conference. I think they know they need an extremely impressive games lineup.

I hope people keep up the anti-drm talk afterwards though.

Oh they wont stop. No matter how good Microsoft is today, they won't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom