• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal9001

Banned
Sucks with all the DRM hate. After JTAG and cfw for both consoles I don't blame MS or Sony for security measures. Piracy can eat a bag of dicks. It ruined the music industry and its now effecting the gaming industry.

Well I think you can argue if it is indeed piracy concerns or just greed that is the reason for DRM policies. Also the Music piracy effects sales myth does not seem to cut it anymore , take a look at this bbc article on a report about music sales vs piracy : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21856720

A report published by the European Commission Joint Research Centre claims that music web piracy does not harm legitimate sales.

Obviously being a junior member you're new here, so I'll be nice.

Crazy Buttocks on a Train has been verified by mods and has been right 100% of the time. BruceLeeRoy also has a fantastic track record.

Bruce's rumour is pure FUD, he claims only to have one third party source and posted it to bait Crazy Buttocks into confirming it's validity, just like he tried unsuccessfully to do with the GPU downclock rumour. Fast forward three pages and it may as well be true.

What I want to know is why this is all conveniently being rumoured now.

Bruce's rumour is pure FUD, he claims only to have one third party source and posted it to bait Crazy Buttocks into confirming it's validity, just like he tried unsuccessfully to do with the GPU downclock rumour. Fast forward three pages and it may as well be true.

I read that and thought what if it only applied to DL games. You want to own it you buy the disk version. You buy the DL version 2 options pay full retail to own, or discounted to have access to it with your gold subscription.

1 reason to not take any rumor at face value is that MS Execs aren't on the same page, so what are the chances a leaker has a clearer picture.

rdrr gnr

Sucks with all the DRM hate. After JTAG and cfw for both consoles I don't blame MS or Sony for security measures. Piracy can eat a bag of dicks. It ruined the music industry and its now effecting the gaming industry.

Not to mention X-Keys and (previously) broken accounts which offered the whole marketplace for free.
This sounds like the Republican argument against "voter fraud."

E3 is where most E3 stuff will leak. Lots of people to talk to.

Axonometri

It is about to begin!
nj8gVgS.gif

daebo

Okay. 4 hours and 15 minutes away. We get to see the games.

However, if the rumor that popped up while I was asleep making live mandatory and if we don't have it the games I buy won't work is true...

I looked the other way with the DRM because - no bother to me, I bought the game. Always connected, doesn't bother me because I'm always connected anyway. but mandatory live? That's just f'n stupid. God, that is it.. fucking nickel and diming us to death? I mean, I have extra 60 bucks. whatever. Small amount of money, but I haven't had live in forever because they never offered anything extra for it.

I don't know guys. I don't know. But, I'll sit back and watch the games. Get excited about that. Luckily there will be 5 or 6 months between now and the end of the year. Maybe things get changed.

Pug

Obviously being a junior member you're new here, so I'll be nice.

Crazy Buttocks on a Train has been verified by mods and has been right 100% of the time. BruceLeeRoy also has a fantastic track record.

Bar the downing clocking of the GPU it seems!

According to CBOAT ME2 is probably not exclusive. He mentioned a few weeks back that EA only has one exclusive for the One, which is obviously TitanFall. So ME2 is probably not exclusive, but Dead Rising 3 is.

Bar the downing clocking of the GPU it seems!

Didnt he also predict Dead Rising 3 would be shown last year? I am also curious why he didnt let anyone know that the console would be called the XBOX One. No one even had tat name as a gues so that would have given him infinite credibility.

SpacLock

According to CBOAT ME2 is probably not exclusive. He mentioned a few weeks back that EA only has one exclusive for the One, which is obviously TitanFall. So ME2 is probably not exclusive, but Dead Rising 3 is.

I don't know what this ME2 is that everyone is bringing up... I keep picturing Mass Effect 2.

I want to be more excited, but with everything we already know..
A bunch of exclusives would be cool, but I need more than those known 360 franchises.
And no kinect please!

RoKKeR

Quick question - I'm on MobileGAF, (Android) and work until 10:00PST so I'll miss the first part of the show. What is the best stream for Android that I could at least listen to while I work?

-PXG-

Mirror's Edge 2 being exclusive....I just......I....I can't. I CAN'T. NO!!!!!

I will lose my fucking mind. I...just....I don't know..Just NO! HELL FUCKING NO!

That would drive into deep depression/ psychosis/ alcoholism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom