• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsofts Rep System is broken!

As an experiment I am going to buy Gears Ultimate Edition (after I finish Until Dawn) and play some MP to observe the effect on my rep. I haven't played multiplayer on my XB1 yet, so my rep is perfect.

Could it rely on the amount of times people quit a running match? 343i implented this in the MCC, so people who are quitting more than using start to get bad rep. Maybe it's the same in gears?

@Akai: lol, guess you never saw gameinformers of RULs watermark

Quitting a match in MCC never affected my Rep. And they probably didnt use that idea at all.. because you will never know if someone left the game, disconnected or had a Crash.

And i havent played MCC in August at all besides trying it yesterday again, but thanks to this awful System i couldnt find any games.

So yeah the actual game affecting peoples Rep the last couple of days is Gears UE.

As an experiment I am going to buy Gears Ultimate Edition (after I finish Until Dawn) and play some MP to observe the effect on my rep. I haven't played multiplayer on my XB1 yet, so my rep is perfect.

Mine only took around 15 or so hours (probably less) to have my rep tanked. I don't care about rep but the consequences that potentially come with havin low rep.

Microsoft's rep/code of conduct enforcement has always been overbearing. My little brother got a 3 month ban in 2011 because his profile said "Pwnography".

Metzhara

This is a complex problem. The system is reasonable, the community is not. As such it should change.
You have individuals who clearly exploit the system. I still recall verbally handing a team their asses who spent 2 hours ragging on people in a chat, kicked their ass in a game, and then got 12 "unsportsmanlike" marks against me.
The other side are individuals who believe they are not scumbag players and believe "if it's in the game, it's in the game" (which is like saying that I CAN cable pull so it's acceptable to do.) Humans make the maps with a focus on playing within a particular style. It's IMPOSSIBLE to design an unexploitable system because "humans be humans." "Sportsmanlike" includes things like not sandbagging the other team (and to be fair, the other team conceding when reasonable.)

To me, the problem got worse when Xbox removed the GOOD portion of the system. Anyone else remember when you could actually give people GOOD feedback? That system was great... except NO ONE USED IT! Everyone used it for narcing on people and no one thought "hey, this can make my game experience better." When that system disappeared is when you saw more abuse of this system.
To be fair however, that system disappeared when MS started handing over more power to the community and not realizing that childish netizens shouldn't be in control of things when they will definitely seek anarchy.

The system used to have measures to counter this stuff. When those 12 individuals slammed me... nothing happened. That's because there was a trace that those guys did it readily to anyone they lost to. Fairly easy to spot. When groups (hot spots on a chart) all do the same thing, it's generally (generally!) along these lines. Now days, you get that weird mix of cheap mutes or racist loudmouths which make it difficult to find a working team in games like Overwatch unless you spent two years vetting members for a team on long-play games like the Division or Gears of War. While these negative persons are the minority, they're enough to make people like me (and I see many of you) just want to co-op up and handle our business.

So what I'm saying is...
Make more Co-Op games.

Top Bottom