• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's Stock hits all time high.

Klart

ever since their failed Xbox One reveal they've done everything perfect, they've been listening a lot to their consumers, something Sony hasn't done in years cus they can afford to be arrogant.

Your comment is pure fanboyism.

Yours is just as fanboyish.

FranXico

ever since their failed Xbox One reveal they've done everything perfect, they've been listening a lot to their consumers, something Sony hasn't done in years cus they can afford to be arrogant.

Your comment is pure fanboyism.
You could use some self-awareness.

This thread is another example of the embarrassing Sony bias on Gaf.

It'll never change..but is cute to watch these plebs in panic mode and fear of what's to come when Scorp 2 launches.

MS heading in the right direction and they been doing that since X launched..but "these" weak minded dummies will always find a way to hate
No matter how positive.

I think some people here are overreacting a bit.
All i see is friendly banter on Microsoft. No hard fanboy nonsense.

Microsoft is now also valued over $800bn
The race to $1bn continues. But Apple should do it unless they fail with iPhone sales.
I think the notch could become a problem with many Android phones already getting rid of that.
They also already played their multi SKU strategy.

Microsoft has LinkedIn if they somehow manage to monetize LinkedIn like Facebook or even better, they're in for $1.5 trillion or more.

Malio

That's right people, all your multi-million dollar corporations are doing just fine. Simmer down.

BANGS

Banned
So glad all these stock topics are here to inform me. At first I wasn't sure if I'd like to play God of War or the upcoming Gears of War, but now after seeing the stock prices I know they're gonna be alot of fun!

Leonidas

For the curious, rankings of publicly traded companies who make games in terms of market cap:

*Microsoft ($800.1 billion, all time high)
*Sony ($66.2 billion)

Activision Blizzard: $61.8 billion (all time high this year)
Electronic Arts: $45.5 billion (all time high)
Nintendo: $38.5 billion
Take-Two: $14.5 billion(all time high this year)
Ubisoft: $13 billion(all time high this year)
Bandai Namco: $8.8 billion(all time high this year)
Konami: $6.5 billion
Square Enix: $5.5 billion
CD Project Red: $4.75 billion (all time high)
Sega Sammy: $3.8 billion
Capcom: $2.5 billion(all time high this year)
Koei Tecmo: $1.95 billion

MS and Sony get * since a very large portions of their income comes from non-gaming.

Lots of gaming companies reaching their all-time highs lately, great for gaming!

EDIT: Added CD Project Red

Last edited:
For the curious, rankings of publicly traded companies who make games in terms of market cap:

*Microsoft ($800.1 billion, all time high)
*Sony ($66.2 billion)

Activision Blizzard: $61.8 billion (all time high this year)
Electronic Arts: $45.5 billion (all time high)
Nintendo: $38.5 billion
Take-Two: $14.5 billion(all time high this year)
Ubisoft: $13 billion(all time high this year)
Bandai Namco: $8.8 billion(all time high this year)
Konami: $6.5 billion
Square Enix: $5.5 billion
Sega Sammy: $3.8 billion
Capcom: $2.5 billion(all time high this year)
Koei Tecmo: $1.95 billion

MS and Sony get * since a very large portions of their income comes from non-gaming.

Lots of gaming companies reaching their all-time highs lately, great for gaming!
You missed CD Project Red with $4.75bn (all time high)

The Alien

Banned
This isn't just Microsoft, the whole NASDAQ 100 is doing very well today. My whole watchlist is green except Netflix, which is down 2% as of right now.

Microsoft typically does well in the week leading up to their earnings report (July 19):

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4186105-patterned-momentum-signal-trigger-microsoft
It's a big deal considering it's an all time company high....not
Think it had something to do with Xbox but obviously MS is a very successful company on many fronts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ventur...-2-25-billion-for-microsoft-last-quarter/amp/
Thanks for the link. XBox is a very very profitable business for Microsoft. It doesnt have to be #1. From a consumer perspective, I think they are also doing some really exciting stuff while correcting their shortcomings. Excited to see them transfer this to the upcoming next gen.

Regardless of what Microsoft does or how successful they are, haters still gonna hate.

fast_taker

Windows 10 is a shitty OS that constantly has problems and its updates keep making it worse. Specifically the new update completely screwed my borderless windowed gaming and I'm forced now to only use Fullscreen which makes it very difficult to Alt-Tab that sometimes crashes my games. I'm disabling Windows Updates again, this time permanently and I don't care about the security risk. Btw for anyone interested in doing the same disabling the windows service isn't enough because Microsoft re-enables it without asking your damn permission, you need a program to do it now. What a great company...

Skype has become complete trash since Microsoft bought it

Xbox has the exact same exclusives it had a decade ago

How this company keeps having so much success is a complete mystery to me. hecantkeepgettingawaywithit.gif

Think of the cloud (azure), enterprise applications like Skype for business, exchange, sharepoint, office 365, sql server and the mystery is solved

Chiggs

Microsoft has LinkedIn if they somehow manage to monetize LinkedIn like Facebook or even better, they're in for $1.5 trillion or more.

Huh? I pay $29.99 for LinkedIn Premium every month, and that's not like it's the only subscription service they offer. They already are monetizing it.

Edit: am I misinterpreting here?

Last edited:
Huh? I pay $29.99 for LinkedIn Premium every month, and that's not like it's the only subscription service they offer. They already are monetizing it.

Edit: am I misinterpreting here?
Facebook has 2bn users and makes $40bn a year, or $20 per user.
LinkedIn has 0.5bn users and makes $5bn a year, or $10 per user.
(all numbers are rounded)

And one could argue, a business platform should be more heavily monetized.
I think 1bn users and $30 per user per year is something Microsoft should achieve in the next 5 to 10 years.

Trogdor1123

Great. Literally EVERYTHING they make is absolute shit (XBX is a turn in the right direction, hardware wise) and the stocks tell the penny pinchers that everything they're doing is spot on!

What a system!
What do you mean? Ms makes lots of really good products. I can't understand posts like these.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yours is just as fanboyish.

You could use some self-awareness.

To be honest, no I don't think so. See, there's a difference between being a fanboy and just flak things for pure randomness, and then there's being constructive and have arguments.
Having a preferred platform doesn't mean per see that you are a fanboy. That's determined by your behavior and your emotions regarding a platform.

Both your comments are rather weak, pointing fingers without really saying anything. The likes on my comments also seems like that more people are agreeing with me instead of you two.

Top Bottom