• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Wallach

If anyone wants to make a little money back selling their Gamestop pre-order code (PS4), shoot me a PM. I kinda want that other skin. :X

So how am I supposed to download the pre-order items on PSN, was gonna play this with the Dark Ranger skin, but can't seem to find how to do this, anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Seems like the content just isn't up on the store yet

Ken

watching this twitch stream reminds me that i really hate the "blink/rubberband" effect of batman combat when moving from one enemy to another that's quite a distance away

red731

D01BD34876FDAE2038604ECCB5F5488E427ED868

I want to play so bad, wtf is going on :(

Tested three other games, they are all fine.

Looks like your game is rendering twitce, with that small res "window" being cut and smeared because there is nothing else on that side - based on the larger res image that is rendered.

Try setting in in 1280x720 if you have it at 1080 now. Try to match these duplicates at least.
Something something internal rendering resolution and outputting resolution.
Try disabling SSAA too (the only option there, I read here)

Do you have a custom down sample resolution set in the nvidia control panel? might try deleting that, just a shot in the dark...

This.

lordkosc

Do you have a custom down sample resolution set in the nvidia control panel? might try deleting that, just a shot in the dark...

AJLma

Got a good hour into this tonight. Just met
Ratbag
. The game is a lot of fun so far, it's got a good challenge to it as well.

and I'm not much into the LOTR fiction, but this story is keeping me entertained so far.

JayEH

Played tutorial then got kicked out lol. Should have pre ordered earlier. Also it seems like the PSN pre order bonuses aren't up?

Kaversmed

I am incredibly envious of you guys right now, you are making me super hyped! I think the last time I was this hyped, it was for The Last of Us.

Sad thing, I have to wait until saturday to play this thing :(

Have fun, guys!

I am incredibly envious of you guys right now, you are making me super hyped! I think the last time I was this hyped, it was for The Last of Us.

Have fun, guys!

Seems like you're unfortunately going to be the last of us to start playing the game, so I'm going to play a bit extra just for you.

What is happening with the thread title/why is it changing every couple of days?

Haven't found the right title yet.

The one we have right now seems precious to me, though. I vote we keep it.

deoee

So I bought this from the US PSN Store but I'm in Europe.
Any chance I can play before the game unlocks for us in 1d 15h? :-(

greenfish

Banned
So I bought this from the US Store but I'm in Europe.
Any chance I can play before the game unlocks for us in 1d 15h? :-(

VPN................. really google it.....

Just watched another stream, the ranger you're playing seems to be a demi-god, because he's killing orc armies like they are nothing :/

Vodh

Have fun, guys!

It's gonna be Sunday for me... Damn the UK release dates and a weekend away.

greenfish

Banned
Sorry, I'm on PS4 haha forgot to mention the important part.

I'm pretty sure you can use VPN on your ps4, but it's gonna be a hassle, you probably need a proxy (home pc) as a middle hand. But try to read as much as you can, so you don't get into any trouble for playing it early on your PS4

Good luck ;)

Okay I died. It's easy to be overwhelmed very quickly. The difficulty is getting there thankfully.

Also the nemesis stuff is starting to get interesting. There was this one asshole who kept running and I couldn't get him and after him killing me once, me botching like 3 missions on him, and me foolishly always running after him, he's now super power leveled and impossible to kill. Damn you Thunderbeard. I'll get you one day.

Any idea why i cant play the game yet even tho pre ordered on US PSN? Shouldnt the game be unlocked right now ?

I had the same issue - logged out of my US PSN, switched to my main and I'm playing it fine. The timer disappeared on my main account but stayed on the US one..

edit: by 'log out' go to power and log out of both accounts, then log in to your main

Uga

Hey so I live in Ireland, and I bought a download code from Amazon US. How do I redeem it? Cause when I try on the website or on my phone I just get "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid." Am I missing something here? Can I only do it on my PS4?

ok, nice joke, now can someone answer my question? it's pretty frustrating
It should be unlocked. I bought MGS V: Ground Zeroes and PvZ: Garden Warfare from US PSN (for PS4) and played them both on the day they were released in US, couple of days before their EU launch. And I didn't have any problems - they both unlocked without a hitch on my UK account.

Maybe try logging in to your US account, and then back to your EU/UK/main account. If that doesn't work, try logging to your US account, starting the game and then switching users while in the game (hold PS Home button and then switch active account). Hope that helps!

Camper182

I had the same issue - logged out of my US PSN, switched to my main and I'm playing it fine. The timer disappeared on my main account but stayed on the US one..

edit: by 'log out' go to power and log out of both accounts, then log in to your main

Doesnt work for me...
things ive tried:

what you just said

restoring licenses

restarting ps4

restarting ps4 without ethenet cable plugged

switching between accouns on the PS4

no luck so far! the time is locked to 2 days 15 hours

greenfish

Banned
Well,if you watched the LOTR films,you should know that Orcs aren't that great at fighting.

True, and in desolation of legolas, he's killing them like they are ants.

Still look at Aragorn in the first movie, he's out of breath and almost passed out after fighting a squad of orcs.

Hey so I live in Ireland, and I bought a download code from Amazon US. How do I redeem it? Cause when I try on the website or on my phone I just get "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid." Am I missing something here? Can I only do it on my PS4?
It should work in your browser too. Are you sure you're logged in to your US PSN account while trying to redeem it?

Top Bottom