• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Backers are starting to receive the physical edition and oh boy...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That art book looks really nice. Even though I don't care for the game very much, I do really like the art. I kinda wish I had paid for all this stuff.

The artbook/guide is actually pretty amazing, especially compared to everything so far. There was quite a bit of effort put into it.

HoodWinked

at first i thought it was funny cause this was some kind of scam but seems fine after getting more details. that's what the intent was to give you a physical game box to put on a shelf for collectors.

and while its weird to assemble the box its the most economical and safest way to ship it flat.

the parts that legitimately deserve the ire is that they're just being sent out now or the japanese version where the manual doesnt fit in the box but they're reprinting those apparently.

So are they only sending items that completely fulfill someone's reward, or are they sending pieces to everyone if the item is ready regardless if the rest of the items are not? I'm owed a lot of stuff so I was just wondering if I haven't got it because they're waiting for everything else or if they're just taking awhile to get everyone their box?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
at first i thought it was funny cause this was some kind of scam but seems fine after getting more details. that's what the intent was to give you a physical game box to put on a shelf for collectors.

So many of us backed for that (and turns out many didn't realize that it was just a box and manual, unless you purchased the separate disc/flash drive), since there wouldn't be any other tangible product. Then a physical game gets made. Then a limited edition... at least Yooka-Laylee offered a discount if you wanted a physical game copy...

chrono01

OMFG they just shipped my Inafune sketch. I gave up hope on that long ago!
Nice.

I got an email back from Fangamer and they said that if our order hasn't shipped out yet, it's nothing to worry about. Apparently they're still in the midst of getting them all out, and that they expect to have all orders shipped out within the month. Given that I have A LOT of add-on's for this thing, I guess that could contribute to the delay.

BTW, for the original sketch, did Fangamer send it out? I'm in that tier as well, so I'm curious as to whether I should expect that with my shipment or not.

I got an email a few days ago saying they are shipping a replacement instruction booklet that fits. I don't even really care anymore since I have long moved on, hell when the package arrived I almost tossed it out thinking it was junk mail. whetever.

bumpkin

I got an email back from Fangamer and they said that if our order hasn't shipped out yet, it's nothing to worry about. Apparently they're still in the midst of getting them all out, and that they expect to have all orders shipped out within the month. Given that I have A LOT of add-on's for this thing, I guess that could contribute to the delay
Good to know. I was pretty high on the backer list (22,000 something) so I suspect I'll get my stuff near the end of the month. I'm mostly just glad it's finally coming.

Has anyone gotten the cartridge style USB drive yet? If so, got pics?

how do you know if they shipped your rewards? Do they send you an email?

I still have nothing yet

BTW, for the original sketch, did Fangamer send it out? I'm in that tier as well, so I'm curious as to whether I should expect that with my shipment or not.

I got an email from Fangamer. It's included with the other rewards (printed box, art book)

Was it supposed to be a legit sketch or a print? ...I feel like it will end up being a print :x

Kickstarter description says "INAFUNE SIGNED ORIGINAL SKETCH: A unique, original sketch by Keiji Inafune himself, along with his signature! " So I'm expecting a hand-drawn sketch. I'll be livid if it's a print.

Wereroku

I got an email from Fangamer. It's included with the other rewards (printed box, art book)

Kickstarter description says "INAFUNE SIGNED ORIGINAL SKETCH: A unique, original sketch by Keiji Inafune himself, along with his signature! " So I'm expecting a hand-drawn sketch. I'll be livid if it's a print.

There is a video of him drawing and signing the sketches so I doubt you need to worry about that.

gafneo

Banned
Yeah, kickstarter funding can't exactly fulfill every dream imaginable. How do people not expect this to happen?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that is why we always wondered why we didn't get the sketch since they were sitting somewhere completely ready to go for over 2 years now.

It's all a part of his master plan... or something? Not that any of this makes sense. I am still surprised that the Red Ash anime OVA got made and sent out to backers this month, though. Who knows if the game will even happen!

Giolon

Is Fangamer handling the physical Undertale for PS4? Is that going to be a mess also?

Fangamer said months ago that they've been ready to go themselves but were waiting on materials from Comcept. Fangamer runs A LOT of Kickstarter fulfillments and they're normally quite good, so I believe them when they say this isn't their fault and they're trying.

Wereroku

Yeah, kickstarter funding can't exactly fulfill every dream imaginable. How do people not expect this to happen?

Ummm did you miss the part about them fulfilling all of their pledges? The game is a mess depending on the person but they are at least following through on it.

Is Fangamer handling the physical Undertale for PS4? Is that going to be a mess also?

No it will be fine the only mistake on fangamers part was the misprinted manual and they are sending new ones for everyone effected.

gafneo

Banned
Ummm did you miss the part about them fulfilling all of their pledges? The game is a mess depending on the person but they are at least following through on it.

No it will be fine the only mistake on fangamers part was the misprinted manual and they are sending new ones for everyone effected.
You can't expect any KS to fulfill pledges 100 percent. Sorry to say but Shenmue 3 & Ritual of the Night will be completed the same way unless the games sell tremendously above expectation. Those goals are going to break into game budget. Printing physical rewards is a kickstarter within it's self. I'm surprised Mighty No 9 even got released on more than one platform.

Bulzeeb

Oh wow, I completely missed that, thanks. Link is here. That makes me feel at ease.

I was kinda hoping they'd all be unique/different but I'm satisfied with that design.

ah, the menu music, the best track on the whole game, or at least the one that I still remember. I havnet got any info on y USB shipping, lets hope I get it so I can reveal that dark secret to my friends (nobody knows I payed more that for the single game, yet)

Wereroku

You can't expect any KS to fulfill pledges 100 percent. Sorry to say but Shenmue 3 & Ritual of the Night will be completed the same way unless the games sell tremendously above expectation. Those goals are going to break into game budget. Printing physical rewards is a kickstarter within it's self. I'm surprised Mighty No 9 even got released on more than one platform.

Shenmue and Bloodstained will be fine. They have limited platforms and lots of outside money. Bloodstained itself was only using KS to prove to their publisher that there was enough interest in the game. The extra money that brought in is pretty much only covering the stretch goals the development budget was already covered.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Shenmue and Bloodstained will be fine. They have limited platforms and lots of outside money. Bloodstained itself was only using KS to prove to their publisher that there was enough interest in the game. The extra money that brought in is pretty much only covering the stretch goals the development budget was already covered.

Yeah I'm really not worried about those two. They will take a while, but they will happen.

Wereroku

Got my shipping notice but strangely it doesn't list the sketch so we will see either they are shipping that separately or they didn't make a selection for it in their notifier.

bumpkin

Just got the shipping notice for my English game box, Japanese game box, and the art book/strategy guide. I wonder if I'll get a reprinted manual that fits or one of the botched batch.

EDIT: When I follow the tracking link it's listed as "Pre-Shipment," so it hasn't even been sent out yet. :(

Just got my rewards (they didn't sent any email that it was shipped)!

I directly recieved the correct size for the japanese manual fortunately, the hardcover artbook is pretty cool and the USB nes-cart is coming in a nice little metalllic box!

This whole project was a mess, and the rewards took huge amount of time to come, but at least they delivered what they promised for the rewards... Better than nothing right? lol (i know it's not inafune that really said that)

PU7P5yV.jpg

Just got my rewards (they didn't sent any email that it was shipped)!

I directly recieved the correct size for the japanese manual fortunately, the hardcover artbook is pretty cool and the USB nes-cart is coming in a nice little metalllic box!

This whole project was a mess, and the rewards took huge amount of time to come, but at least they delivered what they promised for the rewards... Better than nothing right? lol (i know it's not inafune that really said that)

PU7P5yV.jpg

Was your artbook signed like it was supposed to be?

Was your artbook signed like it was supposed to be?

it's signed in the first page, i'm not sure if it's just printed or a real signature! It seems genuine, i feel a really small thing when i pass my finger on it, but i can't confirm 100% :

TTw6qNe.jpg

we'll have to compare with other artbook to see if there's differences in it

it's signed in the first page, i'm not sure if it's just printed or a real signature! It seems genuine, i feel a really small thing when i pass my finger on it, but i can't confirm 100% :

TTw6qNe.jpg

Good to know and thanks for the pic. Mine should be here any day now but I could totally see the signature being kinda skipped over. I guess once we compare sigs, we'll know if it's real or just a print.

TTw6qNe.jpg

we'll have to compare with other artbook to see if there's differences in it

What is a signature from him worth nowadays?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, the USB was supposed to ship with that stuff? Are you serious? Where the hell is mine?

I feel like they will be in a separate shipment. Looks like that guy got his stuff in later and now they have it in, but wanted to push out things for everyone else? (No PC CD for me, either yet.)

i wrote them a while ago to just toss the stuff in the trash instead of shipping it to me and i will toss it. it's more economical this way.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

There was absolutely no issue with Yooka-Laylee though, was there? Well, except for the cnacelled Wii U version, but they offered refunds and switches to other versions, so hardly a reason to complain. On top of that they also offered upgrades to physical versions when they were announced later on. As a backer I cannot say I am disappointed in any way.

This shit feels almost intentional at this point lol. Like, the guy just hated his fans so much he devised a plan to make them pay for his game and then just torture them almost every step of the way, and just when they thought it was over, he takes one last stab.

I feel I agree with this, sadly.

chrono01

I got a shipping confirmation from Fangamer for the rest of my rewards. Thankfully the Inafune sketch was listed among them, so I should hopefully receive it along with everything else.

Finally I can almost put this entire thing behind me.

Top Bottom