• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Backers are starting to receive the physical edition and oh boy...

Holy shit is this actually even legal? e:

Those motherfuckers and their wording really got them out of this.

u7ZCm6I.png

Made me think of:

toy-yoda-toyota-20080609-105623.jpg

"Charlie, why don't you ever support Kickstarter projects?"

*points at this train wreck of abortions*

This is why.
Here's the thing, your gonna get one failed Kickstarter. It happens. I've had two Kickstarters fail on me but for the most part I've made some smart investments in projects from people that I know can make something happen. I've had more good than bad which is what most people will tell you. Now, not all my Kickstarters are from games which might be the problem. I know books and music don't have this problem.

Wereroku

That still hasn't happened yet, I feel sorry for the backer?

No it happened years ago. People can call the man a scammer but no reason to make shit up like we were never told it was going to be an empty box. Also the damn campaign page says nothing about the manual fitting in the box which I didn't notice at the time.

Here's the thing, your gonna get one failed Kickstarter. It happens. I've had two Kickstarters fail on me but for the most part I've made some smart investments in projects from people that I know can make something happen.

I mean this isn't a failed kickstarter. They appear to be delivering all the promised rewards.

Slime

Banned
It's probably better to ship the box flat and not assembled to prevent it from being crushed. Manual not fitting inside is funny though. Kickstarter reward tier stated it was a box and manual only and no game too. I guess you could laugh that this is what they got for 60$.

I mean, they did get the game, in the form of a code last year.

I guess you could laugh at the fact that some people paid $60 for Mighty No. 9, but everyone who backed at this tier knew they were getting a code, a cardboard box and a manual. Nothing about this is surprising (except for the manual snafu, which is hilarious).

No it happened years ago. People can call the man a scammer but no reason to make shit up like we were never told it was going to be an empty box. Also the damn campaign page says nothing about the manual fitting in the box which I didn't notice at the time.

I mean this isn't a failed kickstarter. They appear to be delivering all the promised rewards.
It failed at delivering a quality product.

The manual not fitting it cherry on the cake.

Would you guys rather have the box assembled and all crumpled by the mail?

Ship the assembled box in another assembled box. That's how I send and receive boxes in the mail without them being crumpled.

Is it crazy to expect a game manual to fit in the box? I understand they gave the option of 2 box styles but there's a happy medium in size that should fit in either. The box is straight up useless, it contains nothing and can't even hold the manual.

vid

Oh yeah, that train is still not done crashing.

Some backers of the physical edition of Mighty No.9 started receiving their reward and...

https://twitter.com/Isfet/status/889955595272560640

It's just a box. An empty box.

And a manual.

And you have to assemble the box yourself.

And the manual doesn't fix in the box.

So... basically people are complaining that they didn't read the rewards tiers before they backed? And that they had to fold the box themselves rather than have it get crushed in transit?

I'm also kind of floored by people saying "I PAID $60 FOR AN EMPTY BOX" and completely ignoring that they also got a copy of the game (regardless of opinions of the quality of the game, you still received it...) and the digital rewards. Kickstarter isn't a pre-order platform. You contributed $60 to fund the creation a game that you thought you wanted. A Famicom or NES style box and manual was just a fun little thing for higher tier backers.

Is the issue the box isn't put together, cause personally If prefer it ship like they did. It's much less likely to be damaged by the postal service.

Not sure whether it was supposed to include anything, but the box shipping that way is probably preferable.

heringer

The manual not fitting it cherry on the cake.

Ship the assembled box in another assembled box. That's how I send and receive boxes in the mail without them being crumpled.

Why? The risk is still way higher. Shipping the box unassembled is clearly a safer and more practical solution.

Wereroku

It's average at best. You can't lie that the White House level is atrocious.

Yeah it wasn't the best game in the world and had it's problems but it played well and was pretty fun for a play through. This belief that it was hot trash like Big Rigs or something is exaggeration at it's best.

"Estimated Delivery: April 2015"

**looks at the actual date**

Damn.

You should check out the star citizen kickstarter if you want to see some delays.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i dont think i would have a problem with this. i mean its cheap and all that you have to assemble a box but i dont know. Am i missing something here? What were peoples expectations? Likening it to the Toyota/Toy Yoda thing seems very wtf.

edit: oh the manual doesnt fit? lol

gogogow

That for $60?! Lol and it took them that long to print that shit out? And they couldn't make the manual a lil bit smaller so it fits inside the box? What about the rest of the physical rewards are they send out too? Like the t-shirt, plushie, artbook etc.?
What a trainwreck this kickstarter project has been.

Estoc

I wonder how many backers paid 60 bucks expecting a physical game? I know, I know, they did say "game box", but I think it wouldn't be too farfetched to say they worded it such knowing that it could be misleading as plenty of Kickstarter game projects offer much better rewards at that tier, sometimes even physical copy of the game.

Wereroku

That for $60?! Lol and it took them that long to print that shit out? And they couldn't make the manual a lil bit smaller so it fits inside the box? What about the rest of the physical rewards are they send out too? Like the t-shirt, plushie, artbook etc.?

They sent those out almost 2 years ago.

The game went from this:
mightyno9finalvsconcept.jpg

to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

to the underwhelming final product.

Good old bait and switch.

Bullshit they had actual footage that was comparable to what was released before the kickstarter ended. That was always called a mockup.

Top Bottom