• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No 9 releasing February 9th, 2016

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I still don't understand how a bug in the online bonus mode is the main cause of a FIVE month delay. Especially when they've said the single player campaign has been complete for a while now. This shit don't add up, man.

antitrop

I still don't understand how a bug in the online bonus mode is the main cause of a FIVE month delay. Especially when they've said the single player campaign has been complete for a while now. This shit don't add up, man.

To line up closer with the animated series that is supposed to come out next Spring, perhaps?

SMgamer83

NQHKSVE.gif

Came to post this. I'll believe it when it's in my hands.

mreddie

It was supposed to be September and then, February. So, if we get a delay announcement by Dec/Jan, all hell is gonna break loose right?

Blobbers

Damn, I hope, in the end, this game ends up being really good. Remember: "A good game is good forever, a bad game is bad forever." - Molyneux

Mr-Joker

Banned
Don't care anymore, I have pretty much moved on from Mighty No 9 and it's train wreck.

This could be the biggest steaming pile of shit ever and still be better than y'all deserve. Gamers today are the worst most obnoxious group on the internet.

They might not actually be that but they're pretty fucking terrible.

Hyperbole much?

Beside have you actually followed the Mighty No 9 project and saw how it quickly turned into shit?

KarmaCow

Are they slowly rolling out this demo? I've had an entry for Mighty No 9 in my Humble Library for ages but it's still just a page with Japanese text.

Crocodile

Glad to hear the demo is out. Now I just have to figure out how to Steam and hope I can get a PC compatible controller easily.

I doubt it would have required the game to be delayed 5 months but if they have to delay the game for say like 2 months, I can understand if they don't feel its worth launching right next to CoD or Halo 5 or whatever.

Wasn't it supposed to be april first

I can probably count the number of Kickstater video games that released on their initial timeline on one hand probably. That delay also brought with it actual improvements to the game and physical editions. Anyone salty about the April to September delay is just a whiner. The September to February delay I can understand people's frustration however.

Glad to hear the demo is out. Now I just have to figure out how to Steam and hope I can get a PC compatible controller easily.

I doubt it would have required the game to be delayed 5 months but if they have to delay the game for say like 2 months, I can understand if they don't feel its worth launching right next to CoD or Halo 5 or whatever.

I can probably count the number of Kickstater video games that released on their initial timeline on one hand probably. That delay also brought with it actual improvements to the game and physical editions. Anyone salty about the April to September delay is just a whiner. The September to February delay I can understand people's frustration however.
i don't think any one group is more salty than the other this entire thing has been a mess people have a right to be upset

INAFUNE!

Your son lies bleeding on the floor
Can you see the chain that led you to bring him here?
All but for greed...
And in the eyes of those unknowing suckers
You sit and laugh
Blue bomber keeps running

INAFUNE!

ArjanN

When you ask for people's money to have faith in your game, your game is under more scrutiny.

Oh, the horror.

While that's true, this project has also made it pretty obvious to me a lot of the general gaming public (and even kickstarter backers) doesn't really understand anything about game development or kickstarter and really loves to jump on the most reactionary bandwagon.

Surely that's enough time to adjust the textures and lighting so it doesn't look like a super budget off brand knock off, right? I mean, since they've gotten bad reactions to the aesthetic all along. Maybe throw in some sort of slick looking cel shading to appease backers who waited forever and want something a tick closer to the original concept. Eh? Eh?

:(

sure, if you want it to get delayed again

we got 3DS versions to make b

Vamphuntr

If anyone can't find the .exe to start the game it's in Build -> Binaries -> Win 32 or WIn 64.

WIn10 also thinks it's a dangerous app so you have to allow it to run.

VariantX

Ok, this is confusing, I'm using the same e-mail for my humble bundle acct as the one i used for kickstarter and I still get nothing?

NeonBlack

So are we thinking they'll announce the delay on February 8th or sometime after?

Only if the Megaman Zero spiritual predecessor's KickStarter hasn't hit funding yet.

Ok, this is confusing, I'm using the same e-mail for my humble bundle acct as the one i used for kickstarter and I still get nothing?

Same as you. My Mighty No 9 page on Humble Bundle is just blank with nothing there.

use the order resender button on the bottom of the page and it should come in a email.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, please don't tell me it stinks.

No it's not garbage, it's alrightish I think? Just from playing through the stages.
But I'm not feeling it, I really have no real reaction to playing it. I'm coming off very neutral from my playthrough. Things like the game not recognizing my dpad for some reason despite re-calibration doesn't help either.
But then not all the content is in the demo.

That said Shovel Knight to me is actually what I hope this could have been.
From the checkpoint mechanics, to the level design, to the economy/item mechanics, to the general aesthetics, that whole game just spoke to me instantly.
And hell we just got Plague Knight for free.

Edit: Thinking on it I might be mostly underwhelmed by the level design just wasn't super interesting but maybe I somehow missed stuff.

jackdoe

Just tried the demo. This game is really, really ugly. And it's puzzling how the character models got the okay from Inafune (who is supposedly in charge of okaying assets if the videos are to be believed). They are unpleasant to look at, especially when the camera zooms in extra close for the cutscenes. Beck's profile looks especially weird.

finch

Hyperbole much?

Beside have you actually followed the Mighty No 9 project and saw how it quickly turned into shit?

"Hyperbole" is a good word for the reactions to anything regarding Mighty No. 9 on it since people were howling that it was going to turn into feminist propaganda because of a community manager.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Also not a fan off the constant "story elements" intruding despite skipping all of them.
It actually breaks the flow for me. Maybe there is a way to auto skip them?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Also not a fan off the constant "story elements" intruding despite skipping all of them.
Mega Man! Mega Man!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
To line up closer with the animated series that is supposed to come out next Spring, perhaps?
Wow, almost forgot that was even a thing.

And if I remember right, they also got a live action project in the works. Priorities.

I'm actually looking forward to the story interrupting the gameplay but I do hope there is a "no story" mode since after beating the game once it will be anoying to me. From September to February is a long delay so there better not be game breaking bugs or I'm gonna be really disappointed on Inti Creates.

KarmaCow

I'm confused, are people getting a separate, second MN9 demo entry on top of the original MN9 entry in their humble library? I only have the original one with no download options, just a page with Japanese text and the resender doesn't give me anything new.

Teppic

Played the intro stage and I thought it was fun. Really fluid movement and fast paced gameplay. The character models aren't the best and the no moving mouths of the characters are jarring. The story was actually okay after the awkward intro. I liked that the characters can talk while you're moving around and shooting things.

Top Bottom