• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miitomo |OT| A new way of COMMUnication

Goli

miitomo_logo.png

What is Miitomo?
A new way to communicate with your friends, from Nintendo, to you.
More specifically, an app. Make a Mii and start dressing up, answering questions from your friends and then hearing their answers!

Miitomo is currently available in Japan's app stores, both for iOS and Android. Worldwide rollout is expected soon.

For more information visit Nintendo's official website: https://miitomo.com/en/

GAF & Miitomo
GAF has a rich and diverse community, but maybe you'd like to get to know other users here better? Follow other gaffers on Twitter, link your Twitter account with Miitomo and see your Twitter friends in Miitomo!

GAF twitter list:
https://twitter.com/MiitomoGAF/lists/neogaf-users-on-miitomo/members

OR

kubus said:
The NeoGAF Users on Miitomo Spreadsheet
Application Form <- use this to add yourself to the list
The Spreadsheet <- view the list
Thanks kubus!

See you there!

Rvaisse

Feel free to add me @Rvaisse

I did enjoy Tomodachi Life and i think nintendo has been very clever to choose Miitomo as their 1st move into mobile, it's a fun and addictive way to spend a few minutes and i can't wait to see how it will improve over the next few updates.

probably easier/better to make google form/spreadsheet for the twitter stuff?

Yup, definitely the way to go for this. Twitter is @Lady_Siara you pizza loving fools.

I'm curious to see how they flesh this out and what will keep people coming back. Earning Nintendo points in game is a pretty good start.

TheJoRu

We don't have Nintendo Account yet here in Sweden, but when we do will I be able to link that to Miitomo (through the APK) even though we're not part of the initial rollout?

Goli

If somebody could make a Google Spreadsheet or something that'd be great, I'm heading off to work right now, but if not, I'll update the list when I get home!

TI82

Banned
I've used it for like 15 minutes. Very dull, don't really see the point. Play pachinko to get clothes and chat with friends? I guess hearing the creepy voice of the miis is funny

Rootbeer

Banned
I've used it for like 15 minutes. Very dull, don't really see the point. Play pachinko to get clothes and chat with friends? I guess hearing the creepy voice of the miis is funny

i was hoping it would be an actual game of sorts but it seems very minimal based on the previews.

TI82

Banned
i was hoping it would be an actual game of sorts but it seems very minimal based on the previews.

Yeah you just "throw" your amiibo down a little game board and he bounces around. Once he lands in a hole or platform you'll get that item, most likely you will get 3x candy

akileese

Outside of Japan but I installed it via QOO. I'm getting an error code 801-1250. Anyone have a clue what that means? I'm on Android.

akileese

I'dk what QOO is but you can just... Install the apk?

QOO is an app you can sideload that has a load of Japanese/Chinese/Korean games. It essentially functions as an international play store without install restrictions. You can get updates for the apps that way, which is really the convenience of it.

Davey Cakes

This seems like an app that will only get better as you add more friends. I mean, it's a social network after all, rather than a full blown game.

Not surprised that it seems a bit useless to people so far. It needs to expand.

TI82

Banned
This seems like an app that will only get better as you add more friends. I mean, it's a social network after all, rather than a full blown game.

Not surprised that it seems a bit useless to people so far. It needs to expand.

Eh... Then it would just be other miis showing up saying weird things

akileese

801-1250 appears to be a server error. I imagine it's being hammered right now. Just keep trying or come back later.

Rvaisse

yep, twitter ´s linking function to add friends seems broken right now, or at least with a massive delay. I guess dena's servers are kind of hammered.

Dystify

By the way, yesterday I created a ist with NeoGAF members who are active on twitter. I didn't do it for Miitomo, so this might be kind of off-topic, although some of the list members do use the app already.

https://twitter.com/Dystify/lists/neogaf

List is obviously very incomplete (will never be complete) and I'm constantly adding people to it.

georly

This seems super fun. Will be really cool to play a game w/ all my twitter-gaf friends in a week or two. I imagine the sharing secrets thing will be a way that some people even start dating because of it. I know when my ex and I first started dating we sent eachother a lot of 20 question type things over email, and this is sorta the same thing. Works really well at getting to know someone.

Top Bottom