• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Tyson tweets the first episode of Mike Tyson Mysteries apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Huh, I thought this was going to be a 22-minute show like Venture Bros. Either way I'm fucking SOLD but Mike sucks as a VA :/

ElTopo

Banned
So, Venture Bros. was the parody of Johnny Quest and boy adventure shows. Mike Tysons Mysteries is the parody of celebrity-endorsed cartoons of the 80's (The Gary Coleman show, Chuck Norris Karate Commandos, etc). Now we just need a parody of Transformers/TMNT/G.I Joe any action show that was an excuse to sell toys.

Show looks promising.

Jarate

Banned
So, Venture Bros. was the parody of Johnny Quest and boy adventure shows. Mike Tysons Mysteries is the parody of celebrity-endorsed cartoons of the 80's (The Gary Coleman show, Chuck Norris Karate Commandos, etc). Now we just need a parody of Transformers/TMNT/G.I Joe any action show that was an excuse to sell toys.

Show looks promising.

It's a parody of scooby doo...

RobbieNick

Mike is hilarious. He's like a big baby...A baby that can kill you with his bear hands.

.A baby that can kill you with his bear hands.

.bear hands.

4f9d8272abef4.gif

Initially I thought it was a curious screw-up on Mike Tyson's behalf to upload an entire screening-version of the pilot a week before it premieres, but the more I think of it, the more I have to imagine Adult Swim is perfectly okay, if not actively pursuing ways like this to market their shows.

Then again, I ain't no TV executive/Social media rep/Mike Tyson, so anything's possible.

I think the "Mike Tyson Screening Copy" watermark on the video was the funniest part of all.

It was decent, but a lot of the humor felt forced. I get that they were trying to throw us into this world and have a lot of these relationships established, but I couldn't get over how dry a lot of the jokes felt. The best character was probably the pigeon - the daughter had no real impact, the ghost felt like way too much of a straight man to be funny, and the twist was pretty ho-hum.

The "bird sex" song was funny the first time it was sung by Mike, but lost it when they kept repeating the joke.

ain't got no time for bird sex I wanna fly aint got no time for bird sex I wanna fly aint got no time for bird sex I want to fly I ain't got no time for bird that text I wanna kiss the sky

I absolutely loved it

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That was pretty darn funny. I'll have to watch the rest of the episodes as they come out.

I'll support any sort of Norm McDonald related project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom