• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Steve revealed for Smash Bros Ultimate

Davey Cakes

Steve is a cool addition, but not particularly appealing to me (like the vast majority of the DLC fighters in this game).

Still waiting on single-player DLC. An addition to the World of Light, extra modes like Break the Targets or Board the Platforms, more Events, or something along those lines. New characters aren't going to get me to play again, and I LOVE Smash Ultimate.

zombrex

What about upcoming Nintendo games? Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity introduces Young Impa.

Impa-Hyrule-Warriors-Age-of-Calamity-Cover.jpg
Nintendo has shown they love nothing more than to promote other games via the smash DLC and the base roster. While out of left field I think this guess is a high good possibility.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Minecraft Steve...

Everyone is so super salty. Makes me happy deep down in my heart. I love troll characters. And I love video game mascots. So I do like this pick (and my daughter is going to love it since she's obsessed with Minecraft).

Some people apparently wanted Dante or Jill/Leon?? LOLOL. You got TWO niche characters the general gaming population has almost certainly never heard of (Terry and Joker) and y’all salty over this super obvious, commercially sure bet pick??

Steve’s move set will be among the most unique among the cast and all I’m seeing is “I want SWORDGUY/SHOOTEYGUY #4623!1!1” Buncha crybabies.

The only mascot I would have wanted more would have been Doomguy. But Steve’s cool by me, too.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Watched the trailer again, the actual character moves in smash are really awesome. You have to mine in order to get a sword (probably more powerful hit), you can build to get away or set up a trap area. Tons of ways to fling with the spring box or blow up your character (tnt).

if people can get past the Minecraft bias, this is one of the more inventive characters since hero

Last edited:

Kadve

Makes me want Clippit for some reason. Would be just as much of a curveball.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
Minecraft was an obvious omission given Smash Ultimate's broad scope and Minecraft's enduring popularity. Now, that will soon be rectified.

Sakurai said all (!) the stages had to be tweaked to accommodate placing blocks. It sounds like building will be a key mechanic for the Minecraft fighters, which makes these pretty intriguing.

93xfan

Banned
I’m actually okay with this. Looks interesting.

Hopes for the last 4 characters include:

Crash Bandicoot
Lara Croft
Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine
Master Chief

All are iconic and would have such great music additions (especially Halo)

Davey Cakes

I’m actually okay with this. Looks interesting.

Hopes for the last 4 characters include:

Crash Bandicoot
Lara Croft
Leon Kennedy/Jill Valentine
Master Chief

All are iconic and would have such great music additions (especially Halo)
I'd prefer Captain N or Mike from StarTropics.

Smash needs another semi-obscure Nintendo legacy character.

Top Bottom