• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBOX <> PC?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Really stupid question. I'm usually proper l33t like, but I can't for the life of me figure this one out me'laddos...

Anyway, I own original Minecraft on xbox. Which means I also have the better together update on xbox, too. After hammering the original Minecraft, I made the stupid decision of playing the better together update for the chevos again with the wife, and like a rock star at a chemist, I'm addicted once again... FUCK.

Anyway, that's all gravy, and the wife and I play on our 900000" TV. Its all wonderful. But today, I thought "why don't i stream my game to the pc?". So I did. And it was... Streamy. Fine, no lag, not the best quality, but "streamy".

Then I remembered that I should be able to play the Windows 10 version, and that it should sync up my worlds... So off I go, downloading from the worlds most incredible storefront (after being told that I can't actually download to my device. I love this store).

I load the game up, annnnd... I'm met with a brick wall. I can only play this version for 90 minutes? Eh? And I can't see ANY of my past worlds...?

What's the deal here lads?

I'm usually on it like a car roofrack, but this bloody Windows store BS just makes me want to throw the monitor out the window. Not the pc. That shits expensive.

Bazookaxp

Start your free trail for a realm on Xbox One X and put your saved game on the realm. At this log onto your pc using the same account and download the realm onto the PC. You now have your world in both locations sadly you will not be able to save progress unless you keep reuploading it to a realm and saving onto the device you are using. On the other hand you can drop $3.99 a month and just jump in and out.

Codes 208

By any chance is your "original minecraft" on xbox the xbox one edition? Because no, that one isnt Play Anywhere. I believe its the windows 10 edition (on xbox its just called "minecraft") that is play anywhere.

Edit: maybe not. The worlds seem to transfer but it doesnt say play anywhere

Last edited:
Top Bottom