• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mission Impossible: Convincing wife to allow a 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

dock

My girlfriend hates the 360, but she really likes Viva Pinata. Get that, and two controllers, as it allows either controller to play (so you never have to yank the controller from the other person's hand, it's much more friendly). That said, online gaming and stuff like Gears of War pisses her off, and she always leaves the room when I play anything like that.

Stick to the Wii, PS2 and DS, you'll be covered :)

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Megafoo Chavez said:
dude, this is a joke thread. first off all, Newzboyz tell your none dick sucking pussy giving fat christian wife to shutup. second off all, stop shitting up gaf's already precious bandwidth when you can just research one of the million+1 threads and articles on the internet for games on the xbox 360.

But thankfully, i don't believe you have a wife or even old enough to shoot come out of your pathetic cock for your mommy to let you play a xbox 360. STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET.

:lol :lol

If a ban is issued for that, there is no justice in this world. Hahaha.

Also to seriously answer this idiotic thread... just buy Viva Pinata with your Xbox 360 and give her a good **** to go with it.

If she still is complaining then give her Bomberman for her birthday.

Newzboyz99

Losers! My wife has me on lock!
Ok am back. Had to bring the fricken garbage out. Seriously, though, I play Wii all the time. Wife doesn't like it though so convincing her to allow me to get a 360 is tough. She doesn't like the graphics of Wii sports, which granted they are simplistic I think their kinda cool.

LJ11

Newzboyz99 said:
Ok am back. Had to bring the fricken garbage out. Seriously, though, I play Wii all the time. Wife doesn't like it though so convincing her to allow me to get a 360 is tough. She doesn't like the graphics of Wii sports, which granted they are simplistic I think their kinda cool.

So wait your wife doesn't like the Wii because of the graphics? Now I definitely don't believe you. :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
.. If your wife has to ALLOW you to get a video game console, you have a crappy wife and also, you have no manhood.

Newzboyz99 said:

Likely story.

Monk

Banned
I like this thread. I now know that a goof **** is the solution to all problems with the opposite sex. :)

This is why 70% of western marriages fail and other parts of the world have less than 5%. Keep up the good work! :)

HomShaBom said:
beatsponsordb6.jpg
oh man.... :lol :lol :lol

MoxManiac

I dunno, aren't marriages usually joint finances? seems like both parties should be okay with the idea of a $400 X360, or on the flipside, a $400 pair of shoes (huge exaggeration, whatever the **** women like to buy)

Just playing devil's advocate to OP

I was in the same situation once, Newzboyz99, so don't let them give you a hard time. She was controlling like you would not believe, she wouldn't put out, and practically paraded another man in front of me. From my experience, you just have to demand a divorce. She'll then remind you that she is actually your mother and it's really time that you moved out. Best of luck!

Monk

Banned
CabbageRed said:
I was in the same situation once, Newzboyz99, so don't let them give you a hard time. She was controlling like you would not believe, she wouldn't put out, and practically paraded another man in front of me. From my experience, you just have to demand a divorce. She'll then remind you that she is actually your mother and it's really time that you moved out. Best of luck!

:lol :lol :lol

Chrono

Banned
Megafoo Chavez said:
dude, this is a joke thread. first of all, Newzboyz tell your none dick sucking pussy giving fat christian wife to shutup. second of all, stop shitting up gaf's already precious bandwidth when you can just research one of the million+1 threads and articles on the internet for games on the xbox 360.

But thankfully, i don't believe you have a wife or even old enough to shoot come out of your pathetic cock for your mommy to let you play a xbox 360. STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET.

[/thread]

:lol

JCBossman

Banned
No, I seriously think alot of guys like to be whipped, it makes life simplier...when you don't have a choice...Communism FTW:)

Polari

CabbageRed said:

Gold. :lol

Newzboyz99 said:
My mission: to convince my wife to allow me to have a 360.

So, I need to know of GOOD games that the wife and I can play together to help convice her to allow me to buy the thing. :D

I know most of you guys live in your parents basements, so for you guys just think of games that your imaginary girlfriends would enjoy.

Um, Viva Pinata?

Anyways, I would just buy one and suffer getting yelled at for a few days.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Just point out her insane shoe collection, her insane makeup collection, etc, etc, assuming you guys could afford $400 I don't see why you'd have to beg her to be allowed a 360.

Buy her Viva Pinata, she'll love it.

CabbageRed said:
:lol :lol :lol

JdFoX187

Banned
CabbageRed said:
So funny, yet so true. :lol

Is it just me or does everyone misread the original poster's intentions? I think it's pretty clear that he can physically buy a 360 whenever he wants to. The problem is not the allowing part that he stupidly says in the title, but that he wants the wife to enjoy it with him as well.

That part is pretty understandable if you've ever been in a serious relationship. It sucks when I love some game or have a passion about another hobby and my girlfriend doesn't see anything of interest there. I'm used to sharing everything else with her, so it really hampers my enjoyment.

So I'll try to help out, at least with an example: my roommate got his girlfriend into 360 with Lemonade Stand on XBLA.

But if you're just going to do it to have sex with her and make babies that will grow up to vote for Bush Jr. Jr., you can go play your Wii by yourself.

thirty

Banned
wtf kind of fun sapping beasts are you guys marrying? first off NEVER mix money. my own mom taught me that one. solves 90% of the problems you'll have in a relationship right there. why would you marry someone that has a problem with games? or any enjoyment you might have? that goes for all of you. stop settling you fools. news. buy the 360 then when she refuses sex in retaliation just jizz on her back while she sleeps. skeet skeet.

Monk

Banned
thirty said:
wtf kind of fun sapping beasts are you guys marrying? first off NEVER mix money. my own mom taught me that one. solves 90% of the problems you'll have in a relationship right there. why would you marry someone that has a problem with games? or any enjoyment you might have? that goes for all of you.

The first bit of good advice that can work in any situation in this thread. kudos sir.

JdFoX187

Banned
thirty said:
wtf kind of fun sapping beasts are you guys marrying? first off NEVER mix money. my own mom taught me that one. solves 90% of the problems you'll have in a relationship right there. why would you marry someone that has a problem with games? or any enjoyment you might have? that goes for all of you. stop settling you fools. news. buy the 360 then when she refuses sex in retaliation just jizz on her back while she sleeps. skeet skeet.
I think because perhaps he cares a lot about his relationship and doesn't want to act like a complete immature idiot. Relationships are about sacrifice. Perhaps Battersea Power Station was right, and he wants her to enjoy it too. I don't know. But you don't know anything about the dude's relationship except what's been posted here; which is very little indeed.

Megafoo Chavez said:
dude, this is a joke thread. first of all, Newzboyz tell your none dick sucking pussy giving fat christian wife to shutup. second of all, stop shitting up gaf's already precious bandwidth when you can just research one of the million+1 threads and articles on the internet for games on the xbox 360.

that was the greatest combination of words the internet has ever produced.

Mar

JdFoX187 said:
... doesn't want to act like a complete immature idiot.

Newzboyz99 said:
I know most of you guys live in your parents basements, so for you guys just think of games that your imaginary girlfriends would enjoy.

I think you'll find that is why he got people off side from the beginning.

JdFoX187

Banned
I'm not defending the guy, just trying to use some reasoning other than calling him a dickless disgrace to men as some people have said. I'll admit, he shouldn't be coming onto a game board, much less GAF, asking for tips to get his wife to let him buy a 360. I just think that everybody deserves some kind of a chance.

Pud

Banned
If she doesn't like the Wii (by far the most accesible piece of videogame equipment in recent history, aside from the DS, to those who don't game/game casually) she's not going to like the thought of a 360 either. You're either SOL or you buy it without approval.

Nameless

The first, most important, and probably most difficult step is to GROW SOME ****ING BALLS AND UNTUCK YOUR DICK FROM BETWEEN YOUR LEGS. The rest is amazingly simplistic:

Take YOUR money, that YOU worked hard for, and buy a 360. Make sure you're playing it when she gets home. Politely explain that if you want to spend $400 of your money, you will. If she accepts it cool, if not ignore the **** out of her while you're playing your brand new 360(believe me, Gears on surround makes it damn easy to ignore nagging females). She'll get over it. If not, you shouldn't be with the golddigging trick anyway.

Z3F

Banned
mj1108 said:
Better yet: Marry a woman who is a gamer.

Only if she won't fight you for the system. I'm ashamed to admit it but sometimes I think that's a part of me that considers games>chicks. At the last E3, I blew off a really cute PR chick because I wanted to try out her company's game. I felt like a total dork afterwards but OTOH I would have regretted not playing that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom