• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker's Terra Battle (iOS/Android) detailed [Official site up, details + videos]

Kikujiro

These projects are just depressing. No matter how much money and talent is poured into them, they are bound to be shit.

Not only that but they all look derivative and cheap, the big names are meaningless, it's not like they are making their dream project or whatever, Sakaguchi needs some cash and that's it.

thefro

I'll download it and try it just for the "free soundtrack available for download" stretch goal.

Music sounds pretty nice.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
This really doesn't look good at all. That battle system looks like shit, and that final download stretch goal being an MMO is just annoying.

DJIzana

Sigh.......... as HUGELY against mobile as I am, still curious to see what that console version will look like if it does hit 2 million downloads. Alright. I'm sold.........

Kitoro

I've taken quite a liking to Brave Frontier as of late, so I am definitely open to trying this.

However, one thing Brave Frontier did right was making the characters live and breathe, making people want to spend money to try and obtain their favorites.

It's going to be hard for me to rationalize spending any money on obtaining units that essentially look like decorative coasters, assuming that's where the monetization lies.

This game appears to be taking a budget approach not in the art department, but in the animation department, and that's going to hurt them.

Kitoro

Seanspeed

Banned
Are they really struggling financially that badly? Why hasn't some larger publisher picked this team up? They're obviously an experienced and talented team and you'd think somebody would want to snap them up and then they can stop wasting their time with this shit.

Would you be able to test to see if it offers Cloud Saving for transition between a phone and a tablet? I play on my phone when out and my tablet when home. Thanks!
There's a device swap option in the menu, but I haven't dabbled with it.

Game is really fun.
Weird they have this soft launch, but they intend to release in October.
Download kickstarter still at 0%.

Weird that the game is already live in the Canadian Play Store.

You would have thought someone would have already ripped and posted just the apk file, especially since us in the states can't access the Canadian store at this moment. Its a shame too,I really wanted to play it :(

Weird that the game is already live in the Canadian Play Store.

You would have thought someone would have already ripped and posted just the apk file, especially since us in the states can't access the Canadian store at this moment. Its a shame too,I really wanted to play it :(

I think if you were to download it that way it wouldn't count towards the whole download starter thing though. I wish they'd just release it in other play stores though. Kinda weird that it is only available in Canada.

Cmagus

Seems pretty decent so far. The game play certainly has a nice level of strategy to it. You move your characters around trying to create chains and formations. Each mission consists of multiple enemy groups, right now I'm at 5 rounds per mission.

For the combat each class has to be taken into consideration as Spear beats sword, sword beat bow and so on, so to do more damage you need to take that into consideration.Also moving your healer around to set up chain combos for heals seems really important where I'm at right now.

There is a timer in which you need to move within or lose your turn and the game gives you the option to pause and look over the field or fast forward if you want to skip the animation.Winning earns you exp and coins that allow you to purchase skills or recruit allies in the tavern .

Lastly they have the arena which looks like multi-player although you can't access this yet. The only thing active is special which seems like special challenges you can take on. Right now I have one but I need an item to do it which i don't have so I don't know yet.

The music is really nice, expected from Uematsu and the art is also pretty nice and would certainly look nice in an RPG.

The pay portion of the game is stamina, basically every time you play a mission it requires a certain number of stamina. Right now I have 22 and each mission I play costs 5 and the stamina regenerates at +1 every 5 minutes. So far it hasn't been an issue as it looks like it regens during game play but I'm nearing the end of the second chapter and it's getting pretty challenging. I can see needing to grind a bit and the earlier missions go fast so I could see how you can blow through the stamina fast.

If you lose 3 of your players you lose and can pay to revive which it warns you that you will lose all your exp and stuff or just exit out and try again costing more stamina.The enemies also seem like they really have it out for your healer lol.

Interested in seeing what they do with it down the road. The stamina thing will be an issue coming up you can see it as you advance but I guess it's ok if you just want to log in and do a few missions.Personally I don't mind as I will probably keep this open as I play something else and just take my turns when I have enough.

DJIzana

I've been playing it myself yesterday and this is actually my first ever card game (and my 2nd unique mobile IP too... first was Chaos Rings from Square Enix). The character design is really well done and I truly hope it does hit the 2 million download mark. This feels really polished and I'd never thought I'd say that because I generally HATE mobile games.

So far it hasn't been an issue as it looks like it regens during game play but I'm nearing the end of the second chapter and it's getting pretty challenging. I can see needing to grind a bit and the earlier missions go fast so I could see how you can blow through the stamina fast.
After Chapter 2 (or maybe 3) it unlocks the tier 1 Metal Zone. When it opens up (random I think), you can pay 1k gold and 10 stamina to fight metal mobs for crazy exp. You can't go over level 20 in that tier, but maxing all your characters early on will help with story chapters.

No wiki or info yet, so I'm wondering about all those A class recruits. I got that fire mage Diana with my first 5 energy. Freaking useful aoe skill.

Cmagus

After Chapter 2 (or maybe 3) it unlocks the tier 1 Metal Zone. When it opens up (random I think), you can pay 1k gold and 10 stamina to fight metal mobs for crazy exp. You can't go over level 20 in that tier, but maxing all your characters early on will help with story chapters.

No wiki or info yet, so I'm wondering about all those A class recruits. I got that fire mage Diana with my first 5 energy. Freaking useful aoe skill.

I'll try that out because right now it says I need a metal item to do the fight. I'm out of stamina for awhile so I can't do much right now. I just got a new character called Dracorin who is this weird looking Chinese dragon but he is lvl 10 (archer) while all my characters are lvl 5. If you check the message center they are giving out 7000 coins for playing the game early so that should be almost enough to buy a new character (8000 needed).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Will check tomorrow. Not too excited judging from the screens.

I've been playing it a bit today. Just finished Chapter 2.

The game is extremely polished and responsive. The art is great, and the music is fantastic. I don't know how I feel about the free to play elements of it, but there is a decent start of a plot and the gameplay is really fun. It would have been highly praised on a 3ds.

Give it a chance.

Shizuka

x12vGEg.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Will this be released in the US?
Yes, but most games release in a limited territory like Canada to test the servers and check for any missed bugs first.

Sometimes they do monetization testing too.

Australia is another popular choice.

synce

I don't mind Sakaguchi and Uematsu going mobile... but F2P? Seeing that stamina bar made me feel yucky :/

I'll try that out because right now it says I need a metal item to do the fight. I'm out of stamina for awhile so I can't do much right now.
That's from the Arena option I believe. I haven't seen a metal key yet.

There's a Metal Zone that opens up on the world map after Chapter 2 that doesn't require a key, but it cost 1000 gold to enter.

Cmagus

That's from the Arena option I believe. I haven't seen a metal key yet.

There's a Metal Zone that opens up on the world map after Chapter 2 that doesn't require a key, but it cost 1000 gold to enter.

I saved up a lot of coins for this and this morning even though I had enough the area was locked however tonight it was unlocked and it said available for 106 minutes. It seems like this may be some special area that is only available during certain times, I did the event twice and basically you fight metal monsters that are identical to the metal slimes from Dragon Quest. You only have a certain amount of time to kill them or they flee but if you do you get a ton of exp and even more if you can chain them.

I jumped my characters from level 8 to 11 by doing both, I got nearly 30k exp per go as I was able to chain them luckily. I didn't get any rare items though, I was hoping a metal key would drop from them so I could try out the arena but nope not yet.

This game has been surprisingly good so far, it does suck with the whole stamina thing but I usually do my first bit in the morning and then at night do another session and for me it's enough. I'm making my way through chapter 3 slowly and I've been going back and grinding a bit as the difficulty is really ramping up.Lastly remember to check your mailbox they gave out reward coins for the day today.

Cmagus

I wonder how many people know it's out or what it is. I've been keeping my eye on this game and honestly I must have missed that it got released and if I didn't see this thread I probably still wouldn't have known.

sörine;129109523 said:
100-500 downloads so far looking at the Playstore. Party Wave Free did 500,000 - 1,000,000 (wtf!).
The pay version only has 100-500 lol that's a huge difference.

Some nice character art from the game

Top Bottom