• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MJ & Freddie Mercury Material To Be Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

I was hesitant about posting this thread since I was surprised it hadn't already been posted... but I searched and didn't see anything related in the first few pages so here we are~

Michael Jackson's estate have finally given legendary rockers Queen permission to work on material recorded by the late King Of Pop and their former frontman Freddie Mercury.

Fans of both deceased superstars can now look forward to hearing previously unheard tracks from the duo, which are thought to have been recorded in the early Eighties when Queen were touring the US.

Speaking to The Sun about the songs, Queen guitarist Brian May revealed: "The Michael Jackson estate are happy for us to go ahead with the music. But it's not something that we can rush."

May - who recently performed at the 2011 MTV EMA - was also quick to slam allegations that
they were releasing the posthumous material for money, stating: "I don't work on things with the aim to make money or for promotional reasons."

He added: "I work on things with the view 'to let's see how it goes'. When it is something we feel is worthwhile then it's nice if we could get it out there."

Link

I know of two demos that have been on Youtube for awhile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEBo0Hf3LqE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooKEHgeH884

State of Shock and There Must Be More To Life Than This; I hope there are more songs than these two.

shuri

Banned
From a book I read on Queen, Mercury felt that while the songs were nice, they weren't good enough for release..

edit: yeah that second song is good, but Jackson feels out of place, and their voices dont blend together well..

lupinko

The original State of Shock with The Jacksons + Queen was way better than the eventual State of Shock with The Jacksons + Mick Jagger.

lupinko said:
The original State of Shock with The Jacksons + Queen was way better than the eventual State of Shock with The Jacksons + Mick Jagger.
Agreed just from the demos its clearly obvious properly produced and released it'll be brilliant

NFzMY.jpg

A million galaxies exploded when this shot was taken

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I suspect and fear that the final releases will have one or more other singers touching up bits, auto-tune or something like that, and terrible production. I don't mean that as a slight against MJ or Mercury but rather a reflection of how post-mortem material is generally treated even by those who try their hardest to honour it.

FStop7

Banned
Please don't be shit, please don't be shit, please don't be shit...

If only a stadium concert series w/ MJ+Queen had happened. The world today would be a different place. Dogs and cats living in harmony.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Freddie's jeans are a bit too tight in that picture. i'll give them both props for not wearing leather, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom