• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010 Thread of Beret-Wearing Hippies Can Get the Frappé Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp

eznark said:
Doug Davis is currently sporting a hilarious .502 BABIP
I'm sure he's had his share of bad luck but at some point you have to acknowledge that you are just an eminently "hittable" pitcher. There are all sorts of things you can do while pitching to decrease your BABIP, in terms of pitch sequencing, location, spin, etc., and if you can't get those down you're going to find yourself with a BABIP significantly above the league average even before you factor in the effects of bad luck. Marquis has a BABIP of .438 in 2010, but given the sorts of pitches he's been delivering I find it hard to blame that on the vagaries of random chance. Livan Hernandez, on the other hand, has a BABIP of .180 and I'd say that's almost entirely due to luck, seeing as it's over .100 points lower than his career average.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Boston losing today means Lackey either implodes (hilarious!) or the offense doesn't score again (getting a little boring).

Doytch

Y2Kev said:
Boston losing today means Lackey either implodes (hilarious!) or the offense doesn't score again (getting a little boring).
[broken link to photobucket]
Cajole's photobucket is the first result for "lackey filetype:gif" He's e-famous.

e: Goddamn, upgrade to pro, man.

e2: Reupped for great justice.
a41yjb.gif

Doytch said:
[broken link to photobucket]
Cajole's photobucket is the first result for "lackey filetype:gif" He's e-famous.

e: Goddamn, upgrade to pro, man.
lol

I never upgraded to pro because I upload all my shit to my webspace now. But that's awesome. :lol

Hootie

Red Sox at 11am is sogood.gif

I was supposed to go to this game but we decided to change it to Friday's game against Loltimore

How awesome?

So awesome.

[EDIT: On the subject of Dice-BB, when do we get to laugh at him? He was more successful than other Japanese imports in this league, but $100M for an ERA close to 5 and 1 good/injury-free year out of 3? Is it lulz yet?]

captmcblack said:
How awesome?

So awesome.

[EDIT: On the subject of Dice-BB, when do we get to laugh at him? He was more successful than other Japanese imports in this league, but $100M for an ERA close to 5 and 1 good/injury-free year out of 3? Is it lulz yet?]
Nomo > Dice-K

Damn I hate Monday's, so little baseball.
And you are not allowed to say remotely against gay-age on OT apparently. Stick to making fun of religion from now on.

Somebody look at the Red Sox contract situation. This has to be a rope-a-dope or something; they're gonna shed like, a jillion dollars in contracts at the end of this year or next, right? They have to just be trying to pull a 2008 Yankees and just be able to restock for free the following season, correct? There is no way they are this bad.

And there's no way they're going to be bad for more than a season.

Doogdogg

captmcblack said:
Somebody look at the Red Sox contract situation. This has to be a rope-a-dope or something; they're gonna shed like, a jillion dollars in contracts at the end of this year or next, right? They have to just be trying to pull a 2008 Yankees and just be able to restock for free the following season, correct? There is no way they are this bad.

And there's no way they're going to be bad for more than a season.

I was just checking on this morning.

Off the book this year:

Ortiz $13M
Lowell $12.5M
Beltre $10M
Lugo $9M
Marinez $7.7M
Hall $7M
Tek $3M

next year:
Drew $14M
Papelbon $10M
Cameron $7M
Scutaro $6M
Wakefield $4M

:lol Theo will have some fun in the FA market.

eznark said:
Who doesn't love Bill Hall?!!
Seriously, I know there have been injuries and stuff (although Ellsbury's being out forever with some sort of undefined soreness is weird) but when Bill Hall is playing multiple games in the outfield this early in the season, that's a major problem.

Sanjuro

There is no reason Reddick shouldn't be up getting some time. Again...this is still early season still. It is getting a bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom