• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010 Thread of Beret-Wearing Hippies Can Get the Frappé Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key AB by Pagan. Maybe the 2nd best hitter in the lineup at the point, 1st and 2nd w/ 2 out.

Fuck, this may be a pitcharound to face Castillo. I have a tough time believing a guy with Wells' control will throw four straight balls.

Sharp

Nice, we got five innings from Stammen. Every other time this season we've gotten five innings from our starter, we've won the game, so this is a promising development.

Mrbob

Welp this game is over. About to lose 3 straight, two to houston and now one to the Mets. Can't get much lower than this. Blow the team up season is done.

I can't understand why Wright would be swinging early in the count anyway, did he not just see the walk to Pagan and Wells almost walk Castillo? What, he thought "Bases loaded, I'll probably get a fastball up the middle! YEAH!"

Scott Proctor wishes he had Fernando Nieve's arm. Proctor might still be relevant. Also my God who is the Cubs' hitting coach? Cubs plate discipline for everyone except Derrek Lee sucks.

LJ11

Seems like Niese manages to get bad breaks/luck every time he's pitched. Guess it balances out with some of the hangers he gets away with at times.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay, my fellow Red Sox spodaddies who have all pretty much disappeared, y'all need to get your team in line. Not right now, but by next time you face the Rays you can't get rolled. It means we have to work harder. To help you, the Yankees will give you on loan Brett Gardner

Doytch

Can the Jays pitch in and donate Lyle Overbay? He'll fit in with the run prevention philosophy. His defense is highly praised. He's also a quintessential white person who's walk-up music is Pearl Jam.

Luis Mendoza is one ugly motherfucker.

I'd be stunned if Jose tried to steal against a lefty. He just doesn't have anywhere close to his speed back.

EDIT: Gary Matthews Jr. Is Nowhere Close To Being Baseball Person.

bayleef.jpg

BAY!!

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:
Did Keith just call Russell a loser? :lol :lol
The Mets crew has been absolutely tearing the shit out of the Cubs.

"Lifeless," "spaced out," "playing like the don't care"

Merciless comments for this early in the season. Funny shit though! I'm goin to have to turn on Santo and listen to that idiot cry for a few innings.

Smardjzajsedasfa sucks

mernst23

Going to be a long summer of Chicago baseball. Wonder how many fights are going to happen at crosstown this year between two mediocre teams with fans angry about their mediocrity?

eznark

Banned
Davis is bailing out against a curve like a fucking pussy. Jesus, dude.

Redeemed! Way to go cracka! Omar will gladly trade you for some flavor later in the season. Ike Davis for Carlos Gomez, straight up.

NewLib

Banned
If Soriano was on my team, he would piss me off to no end. The dude just doesnt try hard ever. He should have had a triple earlier and he didnt even try to go after that Bay hit.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I thought the Cubs would actually get off to a hot start considering the first team that they play after they opened the season with the Braves that had a record higher than .500 in 2009 is the Marlins on..May 10th. Obviously teams like the Mets etc.. are going to be better this year, but still..

In good news Cub fans, 2015 is only 5 years away.

2h72j9l.jpg

edit: Is Ike Davis going to stay up once Murphy comes back? If so, does that mean we get to see more Murphails in LF?

edit: heh forgot Bay is out there. Where is Murphy going to play if Ike stays up? Platoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom