• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010 Thread of Beret-Wearing Hippies Can Get the Frappé Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Jesus Lowe, throw strikes; not the bullshit strikes this ump is handing out, but actually in the strikezone thanks.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
DevelopmentArrested said:
You're joking right?

Joking about what? Wanting Harper to fall to the Jays or that it would never happen because there are a bunch of teams picking ahead of us that go over slot.

Jon

Faxanadu said:
I know right?

Thank god he's filling J-Rolls shoes well.

When we signed him I wrote him off as a hispanic Eric Bruntlett. I have been pleasantly surprised, with all facets of his game.

Doytch

Running across the mound is the bitch move. ARod was always a little punk bitch. He's the kid at recess who always tries to start shit but won't throw a punch. Damn, he got bitch slapped by old man Varitek.

Frig, I have more respect for AJ Pierzynski since he'll throw down and isn't a little bitch. And doesn't use let his cousin stick needles in his ass.

Taxman

Jon said:
When we signed him I wrote him off as a hispanic Eric Bruntlett. I have been pleasantly surprised, with all facets of his game.
Last year he was abysmal. I think he was worse than Bruntlett. I was not expecting this.

Jon

Taxman said:
Last year he was abysmal. I think he was worse than Bruntlett. I was not expecting this.

Worse than Bruntlett? WORSE THAN BRUNTLETT? Isn't that like dividing by zero?

Jubs

Lowe sucks. Fuck this guy. DFA him, I don't care. Promote Medlen to the starting rotation and call up Kimbrel from AAA.

xbhaskarx

So how soon can we get the robot umps?

mlgw8w.jpg

Doytch

Square Triangle said:
I'm so close to dropping 120 bucks on the new MLB.TV app for the PS3 =/
If you're only gonna use it on PS3, it's totally not worth it. Video quality is a dealbreaker. It's worth it for PC if you like watching a bunch of teams though (and blackouts don't affect you much.)

Doytch said:
If you're only gonna use it on PS3, it's totally not worth it. Video quality is a dealbreaker. It's worth it for PC if you like watching a bunch of teams though (and blackouts don't affect you much.)

Well with the way my PC is set up I don't see myself sitting at my desk for the length of the games, would much rather be laying down/relaxing. The video quality is bad?

xbhaskarx

More quotes, plus video of the incident:

"After the double play, he was looking at me and [cupped] his ear like, 'What did you say?'" Braden explained. "I made sure he understood me.

"He should probably take a note from his captain over there and realize you don't cross the pitcher's mound in between an inning or during the game. I was just dumbfounded that he would let that slip his mind -- being someone of such status."

The Yankees' third baseman, though, seemed slightly amused as he downplayed his chat with Braden.
"He just told me to get off his mound," Rodriguez said. "That was a little surprising. I'd never quite heard that, especially from a guy that has a handful of wins in his career.

"I didn't even know he was talking to me. I've never heard of that in my career. I still don't know. I thought it was pretty funny, actually."

Braden, already battling an illness through his six innings of work, found nothing comical about it. Having just received an IV shot, he stood firm in his beliefs following the game about the incident -- one that he says never ended in an apology.

"The guy was tasting himself too long to apologize," Braden quipped. "It's a shame. I have a lot of respect for the guy and everything he's done for the game. I admire the kind of talent like that -- it's just disappointing when you see the other side of things.

According to the A's southpaw, Rodriguez didn't have much of a response. Long story short, Braden said, it didn't include a "Yes, sir, have a good day."

"It's pretty much baseball etiquette," Braden continued. "It's an extremely classy organization, the best in the business. I was trying to convey to him that I'm still out there, the ball is in my hand, and it's my pitcher's mound. If he wants to run across the pitcher's mound, tell him to go do laps in the bullpen."

"I don't go over there and run laps at third base," he said. "I don't spit over there. I stay away. He ran across the pitcher's mound, foot on my rubber. No. Not flying."

Taxman

Escobar slamming his bat into the ground after that popup.:lol :lol :lol :lol
It must be so infuriating to not get a hit off of Moyer.

agm2502

Square Triangle said:
Well with the way my PC is set up I don't see myself sitting at my desk for the length of the games, would much rather be laying down/relaxing. The video quality is bad?

The video quality if fine, a little pixelation on fast camera pans but perfectly watchable.

xbhaskarx

jman2050 said:
Dallas "little bitch" Braden

Also:

Michael Duca, co-author of “The Baseball Codes: Beanballs, Sign Stealing and Bench-Clearing Brawls: The Unwritten Rules of America’s Pastime":

“It was very common in the ’40s, ’50s and ’60s. Bob Gibson was very well versed in protecting what he called his office. He told people to say the … out of my office. Had that been Gibson on the mound, A-Rod would have picked himself off the grass to get back to first. He would have decked him. No question about it

h3ro

xbhaskarx said:
Also:

Michael Duca, co-author of “The Baseball Codes: Beanballs, Sign Stealing and Bench-Clearing Brawls: The Unwritten Rules of America’s Pastime":

“It was very common in the ’40s, ’50s and ’60s. Bob Gibson was very well versed in protecting what he called his office. He told people to say the … out of my office. Had that been Gibson on the mound, A-Rod would have picked himself off the grass to get back to first. He would have decked him. No question about it

Wow. This really is a big deal to you.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Lol, baseball has so many unwritten rules. Truly a game played by manchildren, like smash bros and sonic.

Sorry Jman

h3ro

Y2Kev said:
Lol, baseball has so many unwritten rules. Truly a game played by manchildren, like smash bros and sonic.

Sorry Jman

YOU PUT TWO SPACES BETWEEN THOSE SENTENCES. NOT IN MY OFFICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom