• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Congrats to the Royals. Not gonna be rotten about this.

The Jays really brought back some pride to the city's sports scene that hasn't been there in ages. The Raptors' playoff berths the past couple of years were one thing, but the Jays took it so far.

Hopefully the new fans stick around next season. Jays bringing back a solid group. Rogers going to dish out some cash this offseason.

Helmholtz

Such a brutal loss for the Jays. When we had Pompey on third with no outs I really felt like we'd tie it up.
Hoping for the best next season.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You don't even need the last 7 words of that sentence.

g0Pg4mq.png

you good peoples cashman

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I feel like the Jays lost this series in that game 2 collapse. That should have been a win.

Malo

Banned
Someone needs to start the off-season thread and world series thread. And please don't let frozen prince start the world series thread.

PInk Tape

Banned
That game was so tense to watch, yet so enjoyable.

'Grats to KC GAF and cheers to Jays GAF. Even though you guys didn't win; y'all had a great season.

mdubs

Banned
Maybe if they had less fans complaining that only two WS titles in 3 decades is somehow true baseball suffering.

I just thought you seemed like a cool dude before, oh well :(

It's more in the context of broader Toronto sports that the sentiment comes from, it hasn't been a good 22 years

Quick

Banned
Hopefully the new fans stick around next season. Jays bringing back a solid group. Rogers going to dish out some cash this offseason.

Yep. I hope to see the Dome filled up a bit more next summer.

And there's so many pluses to build up on. Rogers definitely better spend big time. Watching a budget roster for years has been frustration until recent years.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Someone needs to start the off-season thread and world series thread. And please don't let frozen prince start the world series thread.

Is there anything special that needs to be done or can I just make the off-season thread?

I'm surprised it hasn't been made yet!

orochi91

Well done, KC, they were the better team from start to finish throughout this whole series.

Jays need to beef up their bullpen and starting pitching next season.

Replacing Goins with someone more capable at hitting would be wise as well.

David Price won't be worth whatever mammoth contract he inevitably signs though, as the guy simply can't perform when it matters most.

Gah! Phone erupted in after Bautista hit the HR, and continued to until the last out.

What a season. Let's hope Rogers opens up the bank accounts so the rotation and bullpen, and fuck it, the line up, can keep improving.

Congrats, Royals-GAF.

The last person I wanna hear from is Alex fucking Rios get him off my TV scrub ass mother fucker. Fuck you.

So Rogers better pony up this off season.

I don't care about Price coming back personally. Would rather save it for Estrada, Jose AND EE in 2017. Keep Dicky with his option. He can still eat innings and he comes pretty cheap. But it Rogers really steps up and you can have allnof the above and Price then giddy up.

Bullpen needs help bad. Cecil needs to be paid too.

Lexxism

Yep. I hope to see the Dome filled up a bit more next summer.

And there's so many pluses to build up on. Rogers definitely better spend big time. Watching a budget roster for years has been frustration until recent years.
I think there's a great chance of people rushing to buy a season tickets after their great run this year.

Well done, KC, they were the better team from start to finish throughout this whole series.

David Price won't be worth whatever mammoth contract he inevitably signs though, as the guy simply can't perform when it matters most.

Jays actually have a better 2nd baseman but he was injured. Devon Travis.

Our bullpen was missing Cecil.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

They have Devon Travis.

Fuck you too.

On the balk, was it obvious? I missed it.

I wasn't even close to a balk. He came set for a full second and a half, and delivered straight to home.

You can argue two of the strike calls, which were borderline and probably balls.

Regardless, the Blue Jays have to score at least one guy from 90 feet with no outs. Especially when you've got Donaldson at the plate to end it. Give Wade Davis some credit for going nuts at the end there.

Agreed. Price seems to have the foritude of Glass Joe from Punch Out. Let the Dodgers or Yankees over pay for his soft ass. :(

Malo

Banned
Is there anything special that needs to be done or can I just make the off-season thread?

I'm surprised it hasn't been made yet!
Nope. Go ahead and make it!

At this point, might as well just finish the season before starting the off season thread.
I've been holding in my stupid trade proposals and off-season ideas for far too long.
You're just jelly.
You didn't even bother updating the op past the first wild card game.

I wasn't even close to a balk. He came set for a full second and a half, and delivered straight to home.

You can argue two of the strike calls, which were borderline and probably balls.

Regardless, the Blue Jays have to score at least one guy from 90 feet with no outs. Especially when you've got Donaldson at the plate to end it. Give Wade Davis some credit for going nuts at the end there.

Sadly Donaldson wasn't the same the last six weeks of the season. Once pitchers figured out he would swing at almose any garbage on the first pitch, his numbers plummeted.

Joey Bautista is the true MVP of the team.

pestul

Now I have to listen to my mother moan about calls for about a week. Only the 2-1 pitch to Revere pissed me off, but they should still get that run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom