• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Good morning, y'all~

I know we're the WORST on the road, but I believe in Altuve and Correa to get the runs in early and fast. Gang up on Tanaka as soon as possible and hopefully I'll have a perfect excuse to not tune into Thursday Night Football.

Boo Yankees.

Anth0ny

CQlAVmaUsAADVME.jpg:large

Yes! I can go to go Dodgers/Mets game 1. Poor New Yorkers though... 9:45pm start time lol.

maybe mlb doesn't know

but people, in fact, do work in Toronto

ShaneB

maybe mlb doesn't know

but people, in fact, do work in Toronto

Been my mission today to try and see if it can be a half day on Friday.

Really upset if I miss that game. Otherwise I'll just slack off and watch it while working in some way.

wbsmcs

Teams I'm rooting for:

Jays (first time since I was born woo)
Pirates
Mets
Astros
Cubs
Dodgers
Royals (At least until Jays meet them in the CS)
Rangers (If they do manage to get past the Jays...I'll be sour but they had some heartbreak the last couple years)
Cardinals/Yankees

Anth0ny

Been my mission today to try and see if it can be a half day on Friday.

Really upset if I miss that game. Otherwise I'll just slack off and watch it while working in some way.

I have a fucking meeting on Friday at 12.

fuck everything

BFIB

So Yadi is likely to be added to the NLDS roster. He will be wearing a special splint to protect his thumb, but the doctors are stating that he is ready to resume baseball related activities.

Hoping for this thread to burn when we knock that bearded fuck out in 4 innings.

Yankee hatred gave A-Rod the sterostrength to hit A-bombs all season.

BigAT

Hoping for this thread to burn when we knock that bearded fuck out in 4 innings.

Yankee hatred gave A-Rod the sterostrength to hit A-bombs all season.

A-Rod hits a walk-off HR in the 9th, shoves everyone out of the way to catch his own helmet after he tosses it in the air.

So Yadi is likely to be added to the NLDS roster. He will be wearing a special splint to protect his thumb, but the doctors are stating that he is ready to resume baseball related activities.

I hope this works out, because if he gets a full tear his career might be over.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bye Matt Williams

http://deadspin.com/bruce-bochy-was-giddily-incredulous-with-how-matt-wil-1734822678

As it turns out Williams was so inflexible in how he handled his bullpen, not to mention ineffective, that it wasn’t just the fans laughing at him. Here’s Adam Kilgore, continuing the Washington Post’s great reporting on the LOLNats meltdown, on last season’s NLDS elimination game against the Giants:

In the seventh inning of a tie game, with the Nationals facing elimination, Williams tabbed rookie Aaron Barrett to pitch out of a jam. In the other dugout, according to a person familiar with the situation, Giants Manager Bruce Bochy turned giddily incredulous that Williams had not instead chosen all-star Tyler Clippard, whom Bochy feared because of his experience and ability to face both left-handed and right-handed hitters. As Barrett warmed up, the person said, Bochy expressed to one of his coaches that Williams’s decision had just given the Giants the series. Two walks and a flurry of wild pitches later, the winning run scored and Bochy’s prediction came true. Clippard never saw the mound, and neither did Drew Storen or Stephen Strasburg.

It seems like Williams was utterly unable to carry out his job by doing anything other than making plans and sticking with them, unique circumstances be damned

Looking forward served as Williams’s operating philosophy from the moment he took over. He laid out every spring training workout, down to the minute, by January. As he worked with his staff on the plan and fretted about detail, one coach told him, “Matt, relax, we’re two months away from spring training.”

Funnily enough, Williams’s refusal to pitch Clippard, Storen, or Strasburg in the seventh inning wasn’t the last time the Giants’ 2014 World Series run benefitted from rigid thinking. In the pennant-winning game against the Cardinals, Mike Matheny pitched perhaps the worst guy in his bullpen during the most high-leverage situation of the season. Matheny’s logic will sound familiar to Nats fans.

Go Yanks. Astros have a sweet story this year, but I need to see A-Rod wreak havoc on the national stage as much as possible before the Jays nuke them from orbit.

ShaneB

I have a fucking meeting on Friday at 12.

fuck everything

:(

Wheels are turning here so it's likely a Friday half day..

Just means I may have to stay a little late on Thursday....

which means, and I am so sorry to say this Astros......Go...Yankees. I want that slightly later start.

ugh.

Line_HTX

Go Yanks. Astros have a sweet story this year, but I need to see A-Rod wreak havoc on the national stage as much as possible before the Jays nuke them from orbit.

Nuh-uh... The Jays will nuke us instead.

:(

Wheels are turning here so it's likely a Friday half day..

Just means I may have to stay a little late on Friday....

which means, and I am so sorry to say this Astros......Go...Yankees. I want that later start.

ugh.

:mad:

Nuh-uh... The Jays will nuke us instead.

:mad:

Either way works, Altuve is one of my favorite players to watch so I win either way. :p I keep letting the media fool me into thinking Keuchel is atrocious on the road when in fact he's simply less than average. Either way it'll be a good game tonight, one-game playoffs are always good for a healthy dose of fuckery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom