• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Julia Morales‏ @JuliaMorales 2m2 minutes ago

Grounds crew waiting in the wings. Hearing more rain will be here in minutes.

C_0PKG0XUAEq7Am.jpg

Is somebody gonna make it rain on Jeter Night?

Sanjuro

As a Yankee fan it hurts to whole heartedly agree.

Yeah. They didn't do justice to the new park.

The funny thing is, both old Yankee Stadium and Shea were pits. One just did it better, which was the old Yankee. You had a close to the field feeling and the local businesses. They both got new parks and while not perfect, Citi does it better.

RBH

Yeah. They didn't do justice to the new park.

The funny thing is, both old Yankee Stadium and Shea were pits. One just did it better, which was the old Yankee. You had a close to the field feeling and the local businesses. They both got new parks and while not perfect, Citi does it better.

I went to New Yankee Stadium a few years ago and just felt disappointed overall. I didn't get the chance to go to the old park for comparison sake, but something about the new park just feels.........off.

RBH

Three years ago, when the Braves were starting their organizational overhaul, they had talks with the Yankees about a 10-player blockbuster trade, which involved some of the best young players in the game today.

Trade breakdown:

Braves send: Jason Heyward, Andrelton Simmons, Melvin Upton Jr., Chris Johnson and David Carpenter.
Yankees send: Aaron Judge, Gary Sanchez, Luis Severino, Ian Clarkin and Many Banuelos.
http://www.12up.com/posts/4994163-y...r-with-the-braves-three-years-ago?a_aid=40030

pwQWb.jpg

Sanjuro

I went to New Yankee Stadium a few years ago and just felt disappointed overall. I didn't get the chance to go to the old park for comparison sake, but something about the new park just feels.........off.

Yeah. That's my description too mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom