• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

it's sad when you kill the ball with the bases loaded and if it was the top of the 9th you would likely have gotten 2-3 rbis but since it was the bottom of the 9th you only get one.

oh well.

perfect start to the baseball season.

guess that means the mets will win it all this year.

Eventually La Russa will die and your sorcery will fade.

until then I'll take the 28yo rookies that come out of nowhere and dominate for a month (and overstay their welcome because lol matheny)

Luckily Martinez can only play corner OF and 1B so he can't really displace anyone unless Matheny starts hating on Grichuk again

edit: Oh getting the W in this game should be the clearest sign that the Win is the dumbest 'stat' in baseball

RBH

TMO_MLBTVemail_01.jpg

T-Mobile announced that it will offer its customers a free annual subscription to MLB.TV Premium, a $119.99 value, on Tuesday, April 4th.

T-Mobile customers will be able to claim the gift through its T-Mobile Tuesdays app until Wednesday, April 5th at 1:59 a.m. Pacific Time. Then, customers need to sign up for MLB.TV Premium by Tuesday, April 11th at 1:59 a.m. Pacific Time.
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/03/28/tmobile-free-year-mlb-tv-premium/

We had no business tying that game last night haha. Lester had nothing and we couldn't hit Martinez, especially with runners on. I'm just glad we tied it, Contreras is gonna have a good year.

Choomp

Banned
I was mistaken about that Mets lineup I posted yesterday, MetsBlog said they had the official lineup. Should've known, don't know why they would release it that early. It's the same thing with Rivera catching instead of d'Arnaud.

McBryBry

Cardinals having a press conference today, they're letting media members know. Think my producer said 1PM, and zero details on what it's about.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I was mistaken about that Mets lineup I posted yesterday, MetsBlog said they had the official lineup. Should've known, don't know why they would release it that early. It's the same thing with Rivera catching instead of d'Arnaud.

I wonder how long before I start cursing out old Brucey.

Cardinals having a press conference today, they're letting media members know. Think my producer said 1PM, and zero details on what it's about.

They are renewing their contract with Satan.

Either someone is getting Tommy John or they're gonna fire Matheny and make Yadi Player-Manager

it's probably just Mo getting an extension or something

I am told MLBtv might start blacking out the Blue Jays this year in Canada as Rogers wants that cash money (who would pay for SN now?!). I need to wait to see if they do before I buy MLBtv.

Marvie_3

Banned
Anyone ever order a custom jersey from MLB's online shop? If so, do they stitch the lettering on or do they heat press them like the shitty NHL store?

When I cut cable I would consider Sportsnet Now.

I cut cable but mainly only watch the Jays. I had MLB last year but I am waiting to see if they black out before I re-up. With leafs and Raptors being on TSN and CBC sometimes it doesnt seem worth it to get SN Now for just the Jays as MLB is cheaper.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/848904720991309825

Don't mean to double post tweets but Ken saying its Piscotty, more certain. Surprising since he's already signed for a bit.

Didn't expect this at all!

Not the biggest deal ever since it only has an option for 2023 (his first FA year), but it gives the team pretty good cost certainty. And if Piscotty breaks out then they'll save money. Only disadvantage is if he falls apart, which is unlikely since his floor is easily an average RF.

Good deal. Long term outlook for the Cardinals is pretty good.

Piscotty 33.5/6 years. Damn good deal!

The sixth year is an option for $15m so it's more like 48/6 years. Still good though!

I am told MLBtv might start blacking out the Blue Jays this year in Canada as Rogers wants that cash money (who would pay for SN now?!). I need to wait to see if they do before I buy MLBtv.

This always happens before the start of the season. Some schmuck emails MLB about the black out rules, and they always say they will probably be blacking out MLBTV in regards to the Jays, before Rogers comes in to quell fears saying they won't.

Paul Beeston basically mandated to MLB not to black out Jays games in Canada because he wanted to watch them at the cabin, so the story goes. You will be fine.

Howie on the Mets radio call is already in mid-season form. We don't have Vin anymore, but Howie and Ken Korach still fantastic.

If only the Pads would force Ted Leitner into retirement.

Howie on the Mets radio call is already in mid-season form. We don't have Vin anymore, but Howie and Ken Korach still fantastic.

If only the Pads would force Ted Leitner into retirement.
Howie is the last, when he's gone it's gonna feel real wrong to pop a radio feed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom