• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumRush

Mid-week night games tend to be a bit lighter, the team not doing as well likely also makes that effect more pronounced. Friday and weekend games usually hold up better, even in our suckier pre-WS post-Bonds years.

I'll have to get to a weekend game. One of my top 5 stadiums.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
It felt quite empty though. Is that typical or more this year since they are shit?
What xia said. Getting to the park can suck for many since SF traffic is so wonderful or people like me only go on weekends since we live a few hrs away.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Off-day rosterbating:

Release Dickey
Move Colon to the pen
Trade Kemp
Trade Markakis
Trade Brandon Phillips
Option Sam Freeman
Release Danny Santana and Emilio Bonifacio
Call up Lucas Sims
Call up Aaron Blair
Call up Dustin Peterson
Call up Ronald Acuna
Call up Johan Camargo and Lane Adams
Call up Ozzie Albies

They'd still lose most of their games but at least I'd want to watch them.

Chris R

Honestly thought we might only take one from the Rockies. 2 wins was my goal for this trip down, anything we do to the Rays is gravy

Minus being swept

RBH

Off-day rosterbating:

Release Dickey
Move Colon to the pen
Trade Kemp
Trade Markakis
Trade Brandon Phillips
Option Sam Freeman
Release Danny Santana and Emilio Bonifacio
Call up Lucas Sims
Call up Aaron Blair
Call up Dustin Peterson
Call up Ronald Acuna
Call up Johan Camargo and Lane Adams
Call up Ozzie Albies

They'd still lose most of their games but at least I'd want to watch them.

With that 2nd inning HR, Ronald Acuna is now hitting .417/.468/.667 in AA
https://twitter.com/gvedak/status/870425566180245506

UuaFvjI.gif

Choomp

Banned
SF gaf, I was out in San Fran on business this week and got a chance to go to the park last night. Beautiful park.

Lucky. Always wanted to go. I really haven't ventured out of NY in terms of baseball parks but that, PNC and Petco have always seemed like the prettiest on TV.

clemenx

Banned
Fuck the Yankees forever but I'd love to see CC make a push for the HOF having a couple more decent to good seasons. He's awesome.

SD-Ness

lol at Mr. Met

What are peoples' thoughts on:

1. Starling Marte

2. Jameson Taillon

Marte obviously isn't recovering from any injury, so he's got that going. You think he'll be able to get back in the swing of things after such a long break?

I've read that Taillon is feeling good. But it's tough to say. Not your usual type of injury.

Beckx

Taillon had emerged as the real ace of the staff and I think he'll be fine. He's been through a lot and bounced back.

Marte will be fine too, we sorely need his defense and offense. It won't save this lost opportunity of a season though.

lol Molina batting cleanup

Fowler-Carpenter-Piscotty is actually close to ideal for 1-2-3, IMO, but lol at Molina batting 4th

also lol at Sierra playing LF and not CF

Pete Abraham‏Verified account
@PeteAbe
Following
More
Career WAR for Mookies:

Wilson: 22.2
Betts 19.9

For those keeping score at home, Blaylock has 71.8 career win shares, which is slightly above average for an NBA player after 13 seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom