• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Bullshit ump.

there was only one pitch that likely should have been called a strike and wasn't. it was the second pitch.

the rest of the strikes were foul balls.

so the only difference would have been a 2-2 count instead of 3-2 count and in general if you call it on a 3-2 you would have called it on a 2-2 as well.

so I really don't think the ump changed much there.

there was only one pitch that likely should have been called a strike and wasn't. it was the second pitch.

the rest of the strikes were foul balls.

so the only difference would have been a 2-2 count instead of 3-2 count and in general if you call it on a 3-2 you would have called it on a 2-2 as well.

so I really don't think the ump changed much there.
The one inside on 2-2 count could of went for strike 3. Near borderline

Austin Barnes living it up tonight, a grand slam, a 3-run homer, and what would've probably been a triple if it wasn't robbed by a great play.

Dodgers pushing that record baby

zulux21

The one inside on 2-2 count could of went for strike 3. Near borderline

if by near borderline you mean over an inch off the plate sure.

it could have gone for a strike, but it would have been the wrong call as it wasn't a strike.

anyways I only have like 2 minutes to post this but.

it's july first
trades are coming soon.
who do we think the movers are going to be

I imagine most of the AL trades for people not trades them away
white sox trades away
oakland maybe
maybe detroit.

beyond that everyone else is clearly still in it due to two teams not running hard with the wild card.

the NL is more interesting
AL east everyone besides nats will likely be trading people
reds are likely to be trading, the other teams will depend on the next few weeks
san diago and san fran are likely trading people.

who do you think will be the most active
who do you think will get the best returns
who do you think should be active but will do almost nothing?

I think the white sox are going to trade a ton of people if they match up well, but it will depend on the returns. unlike the past with kenny, rick is good about getting decent returns instead of just getting the player he wants. So the white sox to me are decent choices for all of the questions. if they are the most active they likely will get some of the best returns, but they also could do almost nothing @_@

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Just watched the braves game this morning. sooo close. Oh well. Fun game. Especially when you can skip commercials.

Also i blame RBH and his filthy Ketchup on Hotdogs for the loss of the no hitter.

it could have gone for a strike, but it would have been the wrong call as it wasn't a strike.

it's july first
trades are coming soon.

white sox trades away
oakland maybe
maybe detroit.

beyond that everyone else is clearly still in it due to two teams not running hard with the wild card.

reds are likely to be trading, the other teams will depend on the next few weeks

I think the white sox are going to trade a ton of people if they match up well, but it will depend on the returns. unlike the past with kenny, rick is good about getting decent returns instead of just getting the player he wants. So the white sox to me are decent choices for all of the questions. if they are the most active they likely will get some of the best returns, but they also could do almost nothing @_@
Easily the Dodgers will be involved in some trading. They need starting pitching really badly. They have the resources for a trade.

RBH

Finally got around to watching Folty's near no-hitter from last night. It feels real good to see the rise of Folty and now Newcomb.

Just watched the braves game this morning. sooo close. Oh well. Fun game. Especially when you can skip commercials.

Also i blame RBH and his filthy Ketchup on Hotdogs for the loss of the no hitter.

If we had more Ketchup, then Folty would've had his no hitter.

Fact.

Caja 117

Frazier will debut today? can someone from Yankees-GAF give the scouting on this guy, is he as advertised? I have heard a lot about him, but haven't followed his MiLB career to know much.

RBH

DDlp_90UAAE5Lyg.jpg:medium

it's july first
trades are coming soon.

white sox trades away
oakland maybe
maybe detroit.

Royals will likely be staying put if they keep it up over these last few games before All-Star Break and they can't really add to the team since the farm doesn't really have great prospects to trade away to get a player or two to improve the team.

Say whaaat? That must've been real awkward and terrible.

Starting pitching is seriously dragging everything down. Bullpen will not make it to September at this point.
It was not good. Walked a couple of guys. He did throw two strikes at Judge and didn’t let him hit a home run. So that’s...um, something?
We're on the main FOX channel again tonight. This is gonna suck...
Gross.

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/881274028660600833
Astros pitcher David Paulino has received an 80-game suspension without pay after testing positive for performance-enhancing substance
Joy.

A series win against the Brewers and Cubs would be nice Reds....
Also win this for Stephens for a guy who was 4-4 and had a 4.6 ERA in AAA he kicked ass today.

Chris R

TY Braves for beating up on Oakland.

Also, kinda pissed that chromecast MLB.tv just goes 100% auto quality instead of letting me pick low :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom