• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joc finally found his niche

Gettting hit with the bases loaded

51DGZ62J5SL._SX392_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Chris R

My shitty first ever attempt at scoring a game

HlTxVoI.jpg

It was a bunch of fun though, even if it means I can't play games or surf the web while watching :(

nnex

Neo Member

It was a bunch of fun though, even if it means I can't play games or surf the web while watching :(

This is dope. I love seeing handwritten scorecards.

I wanted to score the game I saw at Suntrust a few months ago, but it was raining the whole time. :/

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
this is just silly
Can More People Hit A Home Run Or Dunk A Basketball?

If you brought every human on earth to a Major League ballpark and pitched them batting practice balls, and also set up a 10-foot basketball hoop, could more people hit a home run or successfully dunk a basketball? Assume they can swing until they get tired and that they can get a running start and don’t have to dribble to dunk.

SuT8yCO.png
i am failry certain i would be able to dunk a basketball into a NBA goal before i could hit a HR out of a mlb park.

odds are i can't do either

https://deadspin.com/can-more-peopl...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I feel like there are more physical constraints to dunking a basketball than hitting a home run.
true that only people probably 6ft and up can probably dunk but i think there are more of them than people that can square up a batting practice fastball and launch it 400ft with a wooden bat. /shrug.

Weaver was garbage the last few years but for a while dude was amazing. Hopefully he takes that scowl off his face, gets a haircut and enjoys life.

Beautiful! It's becoming a bit of a lost art.

JoseDFrog

Banned
I feel like there are more physical constraints to dunking a basketball than hitting a home run.

You can't teach/train height. But with enough working out, a lot of luck, a pitching machine throwing 80mph right down the middle, a full moon and only 1,000 chances, I could probably hit one out.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo

Alderson says the roughly $9 million the Mets saved via trades is not "earmarked" for next season. But he believes payroll will be flexible.

What a joke of a team.

Weaver is only 34 and retiring. Crazy how quickly he fell apart, but dudes make so much money now, you can easily retire in your 30s instead of having to push your body to keep up replacement level production. Weaver's made approximately $100 million in his career.

alemmon

Weaver is only 34 and retiring. Crazy how quickly he fell apart, but dudes make so much money now, you can easily retire in your 30s instead of having to push your body to keep up replacement level production. Weaver's made approximately $100 million in his career.

Yeah.... it makes me sad for the guy because he liked to compete and thought he could for a bit. I loved the guy and so did many Angel fans. Too bad he couldnt retire on his own terms (meaning age not body falling apart).

Weaver was garbage the last few years but for a while dude was amazing. Hopefully he takes that scowl off his face, gets a haircut and enjoys life.

jared-weaver-hit-in-the-chest-with-water-bottle.gif

His last really good season was 2014 when the Angels made a playoff run. He took a deep dive afterwards. Could tell the guy was really passionate about the game so disappointing to not see him able to bounce back.

There's plenty of work for Weaver. Maybe the Angels will bring him back for help in the bullpen or maybe go back and help out at Long Beach St

Travis playing third is actually not the worst. He's made of glass and this saves his knees a bit. But yeah we need new catchers bad.

The Mets are what they are. A joke of a franchise run but inept penny pinching owners who luck into a run once a decade. That's all they will ever be unless the Wilpon's sell.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

HlTxVoI.jpg

Nice. Use to do this alot with my grandpa when we went to minor league games. Been awhile since I've done one.

Sanjuro

hahahaha

67 Red Sox Reunion and Jimmy Fund Night. A former cancer patient his first pitch and nailed some guy right in the nuts.

Malo

Banned
Travis playing third is actually not the worst. He's made of glass and this saves his knees a bit. But yeah we need new catchers bad.

The Mets are what they are. A joke of a franchise run but inept penny pinching owners who luck into a run once a decade. That's all they will ever be unless the Wilpon's sell.
Come to the yanquis, my friend. We have semi-competent ownership, money, and lots of hot dogs with ketchup.

Went to a marlin's game for the first time today. The stadium is pretty nice, and the monstrosity in center isn't as bad in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom