• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2019 |OT| Eat, Sleep, Baseball (Postseason not included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to bed, the Mets were up 8-3 on the Dodgers. I wake up, and see they lost 9-8.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png

If it makes you feel better....i was at the game....and im a mets fan...... it was the first time i ever got to see them live..or any baseball game for that matter..and likely the last since im moving overseas..unless i visit NY again someday.

Cano is coming back to the Mets. Typical Mets player. Do nothing and get hurt and get paid.

Lets see if he can get it together. I gotta say, I think the Mets look good this season, all considering.

Get rid of Cano and Cespedes..worthless and costing the team 50 million. Alonso and Mcniel are the future and so enjoyable to watch. I swear if Mcniel had his hands tied behind his back hed still find a way to get a hit.

lil puff

Get rid of Cano and Cespedes..worthless and costing the team 50 million. Alonso and Mcniel are the future and so enjoyable to watch. I swear if Mcniel had his hands tied behind his back hed still find a way to get a hit.
OMG Cespedes. He is a stain on Queens NYC. WTF he is walking arounf his garden and breaks his danm ankle. And... I know about soft ankles. they never heal, I have one. If you do other sports or physical activities, It comes back. But You have a contract. He is a total asshole and another Mets loss.

He does have a good shape up tho. I'd like to know his barber

If it makes you feel better....i was at the game....and im a mets fan...... it was the first time i ever got to see them live..or any baseball game for that matter..and likely the last since im moving overseas..unless i visit NY again someday.
I honestly can’t move out of driving distance from D.C. I’d miss them too much

lil puff

I mean, the Mets are SOOo stupid. Cano was using Steriods. So the Mets thought he would stop and be better? No you f'in idiots, he would get hurt and suck after he took your stupid check

I mean, the Mets are SOOo stupid. Cano was using Steriods. So the Mets thought he would stop and be better? No you f'in idiots, he would get hurt and suck after he took your stupid check

Cano pulled another cespedes, im pretty sure hes gonna end up gone for the season. The offense def isnt the issue, its been the bullpen, the last few days though it appears the solution is to just keep the starters in until 8th+..and hey its working.

lil puff

Cano pulled another cespedes, im pretty sure hes gonna end up gone for the season. The offense def isnt the issue, its been the bullpen, the last few days though it appears the solution is to just keep the starters in until 8th+..and hey its working.
You are right, but May I offer you that the Bullpen is tired of carrying a team that can't get a hit.

You are right, but May I offer you that the Bullpen is tired of carrying a team that can't get a hit.

They have about 110-120 hits in the last ten games..i think the issue is more making those hits while on base mean something..too many stranded opportunities.

lil puff

They have about 110-120 hits in the last ten games..i think the issue is more making those hits while on base mean something..too many stranded opportunities.
Thats why I stopped watching. These kinda stingers. Getting hits when no one is one base.

I cannot take it anymore.

Can you imagine the toll this takes on the closers? and the Pen every day in and out?

It's like Fuckers can you do your fucking job and hit the ball.

MC Safety

This is why it's a bad idea to have a general manager who was once an agent. If there's not going to be any oversight on his actions, he's going to foolishly spend your money overpaying for sweetheart deals for old clients.

Say what you will about Doug Melvin/Chaim Bloom/Kim NG, but none of them would have been suckered into giving up prospects for what was a salary dump.

If only the New York Mess' could clone themselves, then there'd be another team dysfunctional enough to foist Robinson Cano on.

I know everyone is probably watching pedoera drama but the Yankees have acquired Edwin Encarnación from the Mariners. Makes sense in my opinion. Luke Voit is meh and Greg Bird is always injured. No real solid answer at 1st/DH and Eddy is still swinging it. Plus getting him back in the AL East where he destroys ballparks is a good thing.

The Rays are exploring the possibility of playing half of their home games in Montreal.

Good news for a potential MLB return to Canada but this is kind of dumb. Suppose they make the playoffs or win a world series, where are these meaningful games going to be played? All at the trop? Olympic stadium? Split the home games between the two so there's even more travel?

Just give Montreal a team back. The interest and fanbase are there. Given how consistently the Tampa front office fields a competitive team, Montreal is the type of city that would support a team that is constantly winning. That isn't (or hasn't) happened in Tampa.

Anyone watching Sunday night baseball? Intense moment with the bases loaded for Albert in the 9th there. Such a great set of games in St Louis this weekend.

All Star starters have been announced.

Congrats to Hunter Pence, it's great to see him turn it around and hopefully he's healthy to start the game. Freeman barely edged out Josh Bell in the NL, I thought Bell deserved the start more.

Also thank you to everyone for not voting Bryce Harper in. Guy has terrible seasons and still gets voted to start because people are dumb. Glad to see worthy players got the nod this year.

All Star starters have been announced.

Congrats to Hunter Pence, it's great to see him turn it around and hopefully he's healthy to start the game. Freeman barely edged out Josh Bell in the NL, I thought Bell deserved the start more.

Also thank you to everyone for not voting Bryce Harper in. Guy has terrible seasons and still gets voted to start because people are dumb. Glad to see worthy players got the nod this year.
Nice to see the league leaders, and not simply the big names

Seinfeld throwing out the first pitch. Right on the black there at the knees. That's a major league pitch right there boys and girls. Sign him up to close games, he's probably better than Edwin Diaz.

I was watching the Padres/Dodgers game last night and man when Kirby Yates nailed Russ Martin I literally closed my eyes because I thought it had nailed him right on the chin. Thank goodness for those extended flaps on the newer helmets.

I was also watching the Braves game when Newcomb took the liner straight off his dome a couple weeks back. Scary stuff, glad he was okay.

Homerun Derby tonight.

My bracket which will undoubtedly look terrible as soon as the first round ends.

Guerrero Jr over Chapman, Bregman over Pederson, Alonso over Santana, Bell over Acuña (this should be a great round). Guerrero over Breg, Bell over Alonso. Guerrero over Bell for an upset(?)

Get your beer and pizza ready, it's going to be a good one

Congrats to Pete Alonso! This was a great derby to watch just for the Vlad/Pederson show down. Unfortunately Vladdy looked gassed in the last round but there's always next year.

MC Safety

Told Mess' GM Brodie van Halen via twitter he should consult with me before making any trades. I am an expert on the Internet. Months ago, I told you all exactly why the Robinson Cano trade was bad.

Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese Mets win round 1 of this week's cripple fight. Race to the bottom is on.

Hey, remember when you had something to say about me calling the team the New York Mess?

prag16

Banned
Hey, remember when you had something to say about me calling the team the New York Mess?
It still isn't funny or clever when it moves beyond a one-off quip. So no, you're still not funny, clever, poignant, edgy, etc etc as a result of replacing "Mets" with "Mess" on every mention, regardless of their perpetual state of disarray.

MC Safety

It still isn't funny or clever when it moves beyond a one-off quip. So no, you're still not funny, clever, poignant, edgy, etc etc as a result of replacing "Mets" with "Mess" on every mention, regardless of their perpetual state of disarray.

I explained it to you a long time ago, as I would a child. And it's sad you still don't get it. So I'll take the ban for calling you a dummy.

I never used Mess to be funny or clever or any of the stuff you repeatedly suggested. I used it because it's appropriate, dummy.

And imagine you thinking I'm not a fan because I'm critical.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
I explained it to you a long time ago, as I would a child. And it's sad you still don't get it. So I'll take the ban for calling you a dummy.

I never used Mess to be funny or clever or any of the stuff you repeatedly suggested. I used it because it's appropriate, dummy.

And imagine you thinking I'm not a fan because I'm critical.
Solid contribution after not posting on gaf for a month.

This was the second time now you dredged up months old posts in order to troll. Almost every post you've made in this topic sees you going out of your way to say "the Mess". You aren't "not a fan" because you're critical. Rather, you're not a real fan because you behave like a weird dummy child (see I can call you names too; this accomplishes SO much). Do you walk around in real life calling the team the "New York Mess"? Is this how you refer to them exclusively and matter-of-factly to family, friends, coworkers, etc? Have you listened to how stupid this sounds when said aloud? Sounds almost like something a dummy would say.

This would be like a Philadelphia Eagles fan walking around during their extremely long stretch of no championships referring to them exclusively as "the Egirls". It wouldn't happen. Nobody would do this. No real fan of the team would do this. Not even when Chip Kelly was trying to burn the team to the ground. Bengals fans didn't go around exclusively calling them the Bungles in the 90s. That was coined by Steelers broadcasters iirc.

Bottom line is you sound like an idiot. I'm not the only one who thinks this. Others have commented upthread, while most have just ignored you, which I have mostly been doing except when you've been dredging up my posts in order to showboat and troll.

Last edited:
I should watch more Vlad Jr, good God.

That was something special. It was incredible watching the guy launch 6-7 of them in a row multiple times across multiple rounds. Lots of credit to John Schneider too for repeatedly hitting his spots for Vlad to launch them. That kid is going to put it all together over the next year or so and start terrorizing ballparks in the AL East. He's got a real shot at a 60+ season.

Told Mess' GM Brodie van Halen via twitter he should consult with me before making any trades. I am an expert on the Internet. Months ago, I told you all exactly why the Robinson Cano trade was bad.

This thread can always use posters who want to talk baseball. Either do that or take your trolling elsewhere, it's really lame and contributes nothing.

prag16

Banned
Lots of credit to John Schneider too for repeatedly hitting his spots for Vlad to launch them.
Maybe I'm being a slight homer here, but to me what Alonso did was more impressive. Alonso had easily the worst pitcher of the 8, including Chapman's dad. But he went with the pitches, blasted them to all fields, and even launched some pitches that were probably not even strikes for home runs. Look at the spray chart comparison (Alonso, Vlad). Alonso stopped after taking the lead in each of the three rounds as well, giving up close to two additional minutes of time he was entitled to (though this also may have helped him save some energy for the final).

That said, Vlad was still an absolute monster last night. But Schneider was indeed grooving them all in there middle in and just a tad up. So many of them in the exact same spot. Certainly made things a little easier, until Vlad became slightly gassed in the final round (and Schneider may have been a bit gassed at that point too, his consistency did seem to take a slight dip in round 3).

Insane derby though on the whole. One of the more entertaining ones in a while, regardless of who won.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Hey all! Crazy baseball season so far, yes?

Like a lot of things we are all passionate about, sports, can get a little heated.

Let's pull back a bit on the personal attacks, take a deep breath, and get ready to play ball this Friday!

xRT7WbF.png

Nyx

I’m going to New York in September and plan on visiting a Mets game, but there’s one against the Phillies on Friday and another one on Saturday, does it matter which one to visit?

I’ve never been at a game before, so I have no idea. :)

Last edited:
I’m going to New York in September and plan on visiting a Mets game, but there’s one against the Phillies on Friday and another one on Saturday, does it matter which one to visit?

I’ve never been at a game before, so I have no idea. :)
What are the game times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom