• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i'm surprised they haven't sold the team. New Stadium, world series appearance. value isn't going to get higher.

RBH

In about 20 minutes (5:00pm ET), a stream showing off RTTS from MLB The Show 16 will start:

http://www.twitch.tv/sonysandiegostudio

23922383133_33fa5c8504_b.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/01/26/mlb-the-show-16-new-road-to-the-show-details-revealed/

i'm surprised they haven't sold the team. New Stadium, world series appearance. value isn't going to get higher.

The team and the MLB is the only thing keeping them afloat financially. They use the assets from the team and loans from the MLB to keep themselves from defaulting.

If they sold the Mets they'd pay pretty much every dime from the sale back to creditors, debtors and other repayments, while still being in debt.

McCourt was new money, and was never considered one of the real baseball cronies. Only way the Mets situation clears up is if they want to sell the team. No way baseball forces anything with them.

McCourt was new money, and was never considered one of the real baseball cronies. Only way the Mets situation clears up is if they want to sell the team. No way baseball forces anything with them.

They were being sued for 1/3 of a billion dollars and Bud Selig granted them a deferred interest loan of almost half a bil.

They're going nowhere.

Guys I need some info. I'm in a keeper league and I have Hunter Renfroe on my team. What's the scope on him? Got offered Nelson Cruz for him but it'll eat it alot of my salary cap. Is he starting?

E:: Cygnus, Dodgers still have to deal with the McCourts. I believe They control the parking lot. I expect another rise in cost of parking

zulux21

don't know why you are laughing, it's a completely true statement.
chris sale also might suck
so might any given pitcher.

they aren't immortal gods that never falter they are humans that can break down at any point.
really any time you can sign a pitcher short term instead of long term you should. giving more than 4 years to save a few mil is just stupid and 95% of the time will cost you far more money than if you had managed to sign them to two different deals.

don't know why you are laughing, it's a completely true statement.
chris sale also might suck
so might any given pitcher.

they aren't immortal gods that never falter they are humans that can break down at any point.
really any time you can sign a pitcher short term instead of long term you should. giving more than 4 years to save a few mil is just stupid and 95% of the time will cost you far more money than if you had managed to sign them to two different deals.

Especially because of the jump in innings Arrieta had. Nearly 100 more.

(I'm slightly concerned for someone like Carlos Martinez for the same reason)

I'm not expecting Arrieta to be a god like he was last season, but he should at least be in the conversation for the Cy Young again with his stuff. I don't expect stamina to be an issue as the guy is a gym freak.

Also Shohei Otani is going to be in Arizona this spring as the Ham Fighters are having ST there.

Yabo

Banned
I'm not expecting Arrieta to be a god like he was last season, but he should at least be in the conversation for the Cy Young again with his stuff. I don't expect stamina to be an issue as the guy is a gym freak.

Also Shohei Otani is going to be in Arizona this spring as the Ham Fighters are having ST there.

Jake has 0 chance of doing what he did last year. It was an all-time great year. No one has a chance to do that ever again.

He's still the ace of the team. My worry is a dumb injury from Joe letting him pitch too much like he did last year.

Top Bottom