• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

MLB kept the wrong Canadian team.

1994-2.jpg

Never forget!

tumblr_inline_mgwnxfnavz1qa12tx.jpg

Anyone watching the Jays' game in 4k?

It's the first Major League baseball game in 4k - ever.

Actually, whatever they are doing makes the image look even sharper in good old 1080p.

Actually, whatever they are doing makes the image look even sharper in good old 1080p.

I am watching mlb.tv on my laptop, not 4k as my bandwidth would implode and I would be broke.

Montreal needs to be in the AL East. Crowds from Toronto and Boston will show up regularly.

Lets get this shit done already. Would love to see it in five years.

Montreal needs to be in the AL East. Crowds from Toronto and Boston will show up regularly.

Lets get this shit done already. Would love to see it in five years.

Tom Mayock on TSN 1040 Vancouver said that in order for the Expos to succeed, Bell needs to buck up to pay for a new stadium, alongside broadcasting rights.

He's right.

But the gaming side tells me no one wants 4K and that it's a waste and that video games are dead now.

OotP makes me laugh sometimes.

Mike Matheny is an "Outstanding" manager. That's not the really bad part - I can totally see why a computer would see his ~.570 win% and think he's really great. But he's programmed in as a "Sabermetric" manager style :lol :lol :lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
OotP makes me laugh sometimes.

Mike Matheny is an "Outstanding" manager. That's not the really bad part - I can totally see why a computer would see his ~.570 win% and think he's really great. But he's programmed in as a "Sabermetric" manager style :lol :lol :lol

Maybe it's an inside joke, like how they keep making Gandhi go nuclear on people in later Civ games after his AI glitch in the first game.

Are guys like Amaro and Coletti still GM and Manager options in available personnel?

But the gaming side tells me no one wants 4K and that it's a waste and that video games are dead now.

I think PGA events are also gonna get 4K broadcasts as well.

It's usually sports feeds that start testing this stuff. I remember when HD was first rolling out, it was sports programming leading the charge.

Maybe it's an inside joke, like how they keep making Gandhi go nuclear on people in later Civ games after his AI glitch in the first game.

Are guys like Amaro and Coletti still GM and Manager options in available personnel?

Amaro is - he's "Fair" ("he may not be the worst, but probably not good either" or something)

Better than I expected, although he did leave Philly's system looking pretty OK

Hardcore baseball fans (of other teams), I have a question.

How well do you think the Blue Jays will do this year? Are they championship contenders in your eyes? If not, who is and who's notably better if so?

How well do you think the Blue Jays will do this year? Are they championship contenders in your eyes? If not, who is and who's notably better if so?

Since the Phillies are winning the WS this year as well as Ryan Howard returning to the throne of the MVP... I would give the Jays a shot at the AL East but nothing more

Since the Phillies are winning the WS this year as well as Ryan Howard returning to the throne of the MVP... I would give the Jays a shot at the AL East but nothing more

I didn't ask for pipedream answers :p

Also, it's kind of dumb how the Jays play tonight and tomorrow, before starting the season Sunday. Give them a day off for fuck sakes.

I didn't ask for pipedream answers :p

Also, it's kind of dumb how the Jays play tonight and tomorrow, before starting the season Sunday. Give them a day off for fuck sakes.

Real answer is ALCS. I think the AL is pretty weak overall this year. There are 5 teams in the NL that I would put over any team in the AL at this point. I think it will be Rangers vs Jays in the ALCS.

Rangers going to the WS

Real answer is ALCS. I think the AL is pretty weak overall this year. There are 5 teams in the NL that I would put over any team in the AL at this point. I think it will be Rangers vs Jays in the ALCS.

Rangers going to the WS

Who's better in the NL?

I ask out of really wanting to know, because I haven't followed the off-season or spring training all that closely, outside of Jays' news.

I just want one World Series. Just one.

Who's better in the NL?

I ask out of really wanting to know, because I haven't followed the off-season or spring training all that closely, outside of Jays' news.

I just want one World Series. Just one.

Mets, Cubs, Cards (voodoo magic), Giants (even year), and Doyers

Oh I think the Pirates too.. so 6 teams

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Their bats will outhit/out power most teams on any given night. They will be contending for the AL East crown. I peg them making the playoffs. The big thing to worry about is their rotation.

jbug617

Banned
It was weird how he did it. It was on a slide at home where he slid to the outside so he could tag the plate with his hand.

Top Bottom