• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using SlingTV to watch the Cubs game? It cut out streaming to my TV via Chromecast, but every other Sling channel streams fine and I can play FS1 on my phone no problem, it's just the casting that fails.

A ton of people, myself included, are bitching @SlingAnswers on Twitter about it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Rizzo pulled that homer from like 6" off the ground... guys usually aren't hitting that pitch.

Crazy

Meier

Buck seriously trying to give Colletti credit for this Dodger team lol?
So much trash on the books still from his time. Crawford getting another $21m next season. Ethier getting another $20m or so next season plus a buyout after that.

I'll say this -- the new guys fucked up with the pitchers they've signed. Serious work needed there.

Caja 117

So this is a drunk post given how the game is going, but im not upset about the outcome, Kershaw saved this team mote thsn once, so he is not to blame, I can start pointing how this trmeam is not even with most of the starter, Pitchers like Kazmir and Ryu are not in this, I also feel this team have too many options for outfield amd IMO platooning in the postseason is a mistake. Ohh well, Like I said before Mid 2000 yankees.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
BoUtf.gif

So much trash on the books still from his time. Crawford getting another $21m next season. Ethier getting another $20m or so next season plus a buyout after that.

I'll say this -- the new guys fucked up with the pitchers they've signed. Serious work needed there.

I think their strategy was to sign guys on low year/low AAV deals. It probably helped carry them through the season but came back to bite them in the playoffs when they had nobody beyond Kershaw and Hill. I think they probably expect a full season out of Urias next year, and Hill seems right in that same "short year contract" wheelhouse they seem to love so I could see them resign him.

Colletti: Kershaw, Jansen, Seager, Turner, Gonzalez, Pederson, Urias

How much are the GMs directly involved in scouting and minor league player development? The guy that scouted and discovered Urias (and Puig) was with the team since going back to the Fernando days. Not sure how Colletti gets credit for that. His free agent deals and trades (the things he does have a direct role in) were awful.

WTF does Smoltz keep talking about taking Hendricks out? The guy is absolutely dominant and has a low pitch count. Listening to Smoltz, the Dodgers must be up 10-0

J2 Cool

We just saw what extending your starter could do for your team with Lester, and Smoltz cant stop talking about the bullpen. Let him roll

Raziel

How much are the GMs directly involved in scouting and minor league player development? The guy that scouted and discovered Urias (and Puig) was with the team since going back to the Fernando days. Not sure how Colletti gets credit for that. His free agent deals and trades (the things he does have a direct role in) were awful.

Dunno.

Friedman/Zaidi: Maeda, McCarthy, Hill, Reddick, Grandal, Blanton

Dunno.

Friedman/Zaidi: Maeda, McCarthy, Hill, Reddick, Grandal, Blanton

Are you implying that trading for Grandal was a mistake? Kemp for Grandal was the heist of the decade. Maeda was also a great signing. Also none of those deals are as bad as making Andre Ethier an $18 milion a year pinch hitter.

Raziel

Are you implying that trading for Grandal was a mistake? Kemp for Grandal was the heist of the decade. Maeda was also a great signing. Also none of those deals are as bad as making Andre Ethier an $18 milion a year pinch hitter.

Not implying anything, the two groups speak for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom