• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 18 gameplay trailer

ThisGuy

It’s the greatest thing you can do with pants on. But you don’t have to wear pants. I’m not encouraging or discouraging the use of pants while playing the show.
I always opt out of pants when applicable. Looks like this is the game for me. No pants and a beer!

Those missing frames of animation are still as jarring as ever.
I'd rather have those than beard shading or whatever graphixxxx tech they're pushing this year.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I love seeing Babe Ruth, but, I kind of wished they’d have recreated the original version of Yankee Stadium for him to play in.

Halabane

I love seeing Babe Ruth, but, I kind of wished they’d have recreated the original version of Yankee Stadium for him to play in.

oh...didn't think of that. Fact it is it would be fun if they would build all the old stadiums and make things period correct. Maybe this will start them down that road. I have never played this game before, I play OOTB simulator. Part of the fun is playing legacy players. Would be fun if they built some of the OOTB stuff into this game. May pick this up this year. Do you have to play the entire game or can you sim some of it or even all of it? The old console baseball games I never liked the mechanics except for pitching and hitting.

sigrad

This game and Madden show why competition is a good thing. Same shit, with a few improvements, different year.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
oh...didn't think of that. Fact it is it would be fun if they would build all the old stadiums and make things period correct. Maybe this will start them down that road. I have never played this game before, I play OOTB simulator. Part of the fun is playing legacy players. Would be fun if they built some of the OOTB stuff into this game. May pick this up this year. Do you have to play the entire game or can you sim some of it or even all of it? The old console baseball games I never liked the mechanics except for pitching and hitting.

You can Sim various things within the modes you play. It is a highly customizable game. I love it and play nearly year round. Though I usually play Road to the Show mode where you make a player and play as that single player through a career, it is really worth checking out all of the modes. They have management simulation though a Franchise mode including playing games for that team. They have challenges to complete if you like in Fiamond Dynasty modes. There is a ton to dive in to and a ton to explain. You could buy the game that’s out now pretty inexpensively at this point to see if it is a good franchise for you.

Unknown?

This game and Madden show why competition is a good thing. Same shit, with a few improvements, different year.
Are you Crazy?! The Show continually improves each year, more so than Madden and it kicked the crap out of 2K when they had competition.

Halabane

You can Sim various things within the modes you play. It is a highly customizable game. I love it and play nearly year round. Though I usually play Road to the Show mode where you make a player and play as that single player through a career, it is really worth checking out all of the modes. They have management simulation though a Franchise mode including playing games for that team. They have challenges to complete if you like in Fiamond Dynasty modes. There is a ton to dive in to and a ton to explain. You could buy the game that’s out now pretty inexpensively at this point to see if it is a good franchise for you.
good idea on making picking the older game cheap. thanks.

Top Bottom