• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 - 18 Minutes of Fighter, Thief, Warrior, and Sorcerer Gameplay - IGN Firs

There are no capcom games that don't have controller support on pc.

The fact that it's one of the only games that has true night, instead of a silly blue sky is an awesome decision, it actually makes the world tangibly more dangerous.
The griffin fight completely changes at night, since when it takes off it actually disappears into the sky and you carefully have to scan for movement before it attacks again.
That sounds awesome. I'm playing Kingdom Come Deliverance and it also seems to have "real" nights. Leave without a torch and you're fucked as far as being able to see. Honestly it seems like you're still fucked even with a torch - better to not go too far from town.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That sounds awesome. I'm playing Kingdom Come Deliverance and it also seems to have "real" nights. Leave without a torch and you're fucked as far as being able to see. Honestly it seems like you're still fucked even with a torch - better to not go too far from town.
It is awesome, and it also ties into the lore where traveling at night is said to be dangerous, and not just because you can't see shit without a lantern, there's also nasty enemies that only appear at night; running into them the first time was def an oh shit moment.
Though there are some benefits too, some enemies will also be asleep at night, so you can use that to circumvent or ambush them.
Now as you get stronger, nights obv become less of a big deal, but early on it's certainly a hell of an experience.

I feel like this should be treated like BotW/ Elden Ring/ TotK, like we don't need to see more. Just release the game and let everyone play it and discover it and be surprised. The reviews, if the game turns out at great as we think it will, will take care of whether or not this game is successful or not with positive word-of-mouth and buzz.

Going on a total blackout, and just wake me up on March 22.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
wake me up on March 22.
kitten sleep GIF

SABRE220

Okay I know the game has a dedicated fanbase....but that looked rough. The game looks unpolished and clunky the combat almost looked like mmo and the visuals are very dated aswell. I mean Im pretty happy with aa games but the gameplay atleast needs to look polished.

Kurotri

There's something about the games visuals and art direction that really draw me in. It does look a little unrefined and janky at times, but it looks charming. I think the graphics look great. I tried it way back then many many years ago but couldn't get through it because I found it incredibly boring. But as I find myself intrigued by this, I might give this one a chance still. I hope Capcom does their usual thing and gives us a demo.

I wish they'd add mounts, I know it would be hard because a lot of the roads were small and they'd need all of the pawns to have mounts too but I just think a fantasy RPG needs mounts lol. Someone needs to make an open world fantasy action RPG with a mage who can use the staff as a melee weapon as well AND have a familiar that can change between different types of mounts. So you can have a dragon, horse, griffon etc. Screw making it "balanced" I want to feel like a powerful badass flying around and raining fire on my enemies lol.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

This guy really doesn't like Single player games and get every opportunity to shit on it and make the case of "GaaS games are the future".

Also this game got its cult following because of its combat system so of course they going keep that intact.
Without knowing who ur talking about I'm going to assume it's men in boxes

Top Bottom