• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Except he totally has charisma and mic skills. That's why, now Brock has left, he is now the biggest PPV draw in the company.
People think being great on the mic is just trash talking and playing heel. GSP is maybe the only guy in the UFC who properly understands how to be a face. His appearence on the Conduit/Diaz prime time was an example of that, he knows exactly what he should be saying.

Dave Meltzer was saying a few months back how out of all the guys in the UFC GSP is probably the most like a pro wrestling character.
Ugh watching that video now pisses me off so much. GSP cut the best promo of his life right there and the Natural Born Runner had to fuck it all up.

tass0

Banned
Cain/Bigfoot odds are craaaazy

1335460860-clip-38kb.png

I know Bigfoot is slow, has shitty cardio, and will most likely lose a grindfest, but dayum. Might be worth laying some money down on him.

dream

Dream,

You quoted John Keats in an MMA IRC chat. You're nerdy.

No offense to our friends who are into this kind of stuff but there is a world of goddamn difference between appreciating the subtle nuances and pained anguish and themes of escape in "Ode to a Nightingale" and playing glorified pokeyman for adults.

Heel

No offense to our friends who are into this kind of stuff but there is a world of goddamn difference between appreciating the subtle nuances and pained anguish and themes of escape in "Ode to a Nightingale" and playing glorified pokeyman for adults.

Let's not pretend you have standards, dream.

517015.png

Let down your guard and buy into the whimsical world of Ascension. I won't tell a soul.

HAHAHA!

Okay 146 has one of the best parley's ever if you bet.

charsace

Cain/Bigfoot odds are craaaazy

http://clip2net.com/clip/m107759/1335460860-clip-38kb.png[/img

I know Bigfoot is slow, has shitty cardio, and will most likely lose a grindfest, but dayum. Might be worth laying some money down on him.[/QUOTE]

I don't see that fight going the distance. I think Cain takes it by GnP.

Heel

Meltzer said:
But even with no crowd favorite, the story was strong enough that early estimates of PPV numbers have topped 700,000 buys, by far the largest of Jones’ career. The number was big for UFC, because they had not established a new young star who was a major consistent draw since the rise of Brock Lesnar, now retired, and Georges St. Pierre, out for most of the year. While the draw was in good part due to the storyline, the number was big enough to where it, combined with WrestleMania a few weeks ago, seems to contradict a lot of people’s views of PPV as a dying industry. The big events, like this and WrestleMania, have done better than most expectations going in.

What was everyone's predictions?

I'm trying to spark a 1 or 2 page JBJ debate in NFL-GAF, hope someone takes the bait.
the ingenious thing about it is that you didn't even start it. But yeah it does appear like Chandler is benefiting just a bit from the glow of his siblings.

And yeah I was thinking 750k as well. 700k is not bad by any means though. It's too bad this fight couldn't have happened last year when the feud was still hot though, it could have easily done a million.

NYBA said:
I want to see the best fighters; I want to see who is the strongest the best!
Guys should be able to do what ever it takes to be the strongest. Getting choked and kicked in the head is really bad for you, worse that pot, trt, or steroids. I don’t care who’s the cleanest, I wanna’ see the strongest, the fastest and the most gnarly fighters.
I don’t want to see who is the best at passing drug test. Overeem isn’t the only guy taking shit, he just got caught. I wanna’ see the baddest mother fuckers going at it. That’s why pride was the best I wanna see a 205 (ripped) Wanderlei Silva kill dudes!
http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/26/3phil-baroni-let-the-fighters-take-roids-mma-news-22022.html

Boogie

Ugh watching that video now pisses me off so much. GSP cut the best promo of his life right there and the Natural Born Runner had to fuck it all up.

Naw, GSP's greatest promo will always be post-Sherk, getting down on his knees and begging for a title shot.

I also loved before the second koscheck fight, GSP said something along the lines of "I can't wait to beat koscheck this time. It will be over, this will be the last time we fight.". And kos' face was like "oh...crap" like he knew this would be his only title shot, and he would come up short.

dream

Let's not pretend you have standards, dream.

517015.png

Let down your guard and buy into the whimsical world of Ascension. I won't tell a soul.

I'm sorry my child-like sense of wonder is still intact.

Ps kingdom rush is 99c and fantastic

Heel

In Baroni's case, they don't give you a gas tank either, apparently.

Bigfoot beats Cain by way of Voodoo doctor hypnosis.

iDut2cHyI99Ag.gif

I'm sorry my child-like sense of wonder is still intact.

Ps kingdom rush is 99c and fantastic

I got Kingdom Rush, Samurai Bloodshow and King Cashing.

I'll defend the PURITY of MMA by myself if I have to. I don't need any support.

You're fighting a losing battle, friend. The UFC and the ACs will continue to feign support for your cause, though.

Top Bottom