• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MOBA hero shooter Gigantic is coming back in 2024

Aion002

I enjoyed this game quite a bit, If the game gets popular or gets a offline with bots mode I might buy it.

Jinzo Prime

Well, Paragon was able to come back as Predecessor and Overprime, so there does seem to be an appetite for bringing back dead MOBAs. Good luck.

CamHostage

Well, Paragon was able to come back as Predecessor and Overprime, so there does seem to be an appetite for bringing back dead MOBAs. Good luck.

Weird that the whole MOBA genre just vaporized somehow, huh? There are still plenty of LoL and DOTA players out there, but for a second it seemed like MOBA was the new thing to be in strategy and competitive play (there's a Pokemon MOBA) and yet now the word MOBA feels like a distant memory (to me, at least.) Meanwhile, "Survival Game" is the new genre to end all genres.

had no idea this came back, then YouTube recommended me a video about it. Weird thing is my friends list is full of people from SMITE and Battleborn and I had seen a few on “Gigantic” and didn’t put two and two together. So after I stumbled across that video last night I bought it. Game is still very good.

It’s $20 but on sale for $16 right now. No MTX or premium currency whatsoever.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
+ The character designs are some of the best I've ever seen.
+ Character abilities are surprisingly creative and offer nice asymmetry.

- The maps are insanely uninteresting
- Visually confusing.
- Shooting & combat feels the opposite of visceral.
- Already saw 2 cheaters (invincible opponents) in ~5 hours of playtime.
- Don't understand the MOBA aspect at all yet. Feels like a team fight/deathball game to me at this point.

I'm going to play a few more times. I don't hate it so far.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Crazy only 3 mobas stood the test of time. League, dota , and smite.

This genre absolutely could use new competitors into the space. Plenty of league and dota players want another game close to what those games do, but with a new coat of paint.

If it had great competitive integrity and a great art style I know I’d consider it.

Top Bottom