• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost coming to PS3 in 2014

Enron

Banned
I'm still holding out for the bonus 6k cost G-Saviour unit with the live action MC for the cut-in. It would be too strong.

It would be better than putting in any AGE unit.

not so sure about that one.

I do wish we could get this char as a cut-in, though.

hqdefault.jpg

Dio

Banned
No one remembers the little Blue Destiny anyway.

I actually mained BD-1 when playing with friends. For some reason, it was my favorite unit to play as - maybe because of the chain movement and the machine gun, and then punching the shit of of people.

I even have a BD-1 figure and the Gundam Side Stories with it. I just love that thing, it's like a blue grunt unit WHICH IS SECRETLY A FUCKING GUNDAM which I adore. No overdesigned bullshit.

9h36t86.jpg

Defunkled

I actually mained BD-1 when playing with friends. For some reason, it was my favorite unit to play as - maybe because of the chain movement and the machine gun, and then punching the shit of of people.

I even have a BD-1 figure and the Gundam Side Stories with it. I just love that thing, it's like a blue grunt unit WHICH IS SECRETLY A FUCKING GUNDAM which I adore. No overdesigned bullshit.

9h36t86.jpg

How are those Side Story games on Saturn? I've always wanted to try them.

DSveno

Banned
My safest bet would be at least March 2014. Hopefully they will release digital version this time. The import cost is way too damn high.

I remember how bad BD's MG is! Keep it in EXAM mode all the time and then I'll use ~

Those rockets are amazing, man.Trapping those rocket and you can guarantee your safety. Its dash melee is also awesome.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Wait what is new here? Everything looks the same

Nothing, just showing they've updated the site with controls for people who haven't seen them before.

DSveno said:
My safest bet would be at least March 2014. Hopefully they will release digital version this time. The import cost is way too damn high.

It's already been confirmed there's a PSN version on the way.

DSveno

Banned
It's already been confirmed there's a PSN version on the way.

Oh, thank. Somehow I missed that. The last time there is Asia version of the game, so is there any chance that the PSN version will have on Asia PSN, too? Since I bought almost all of my DLC from Asia version.

If not, I guess it's time to hunt for JP PSN cards.

Oh, thank. Somehow I missed that. The last time there is Asia version of the game, so is there any chance that the PSN version will have on Asia PSN, too? Since I bought almost all of my DLC from Asia version.

If not, I guess it's time to hunt for JP PSN cards.

There should be an Asia version, but we'll get more confirmation during TGS later on this week.

Jubern

Played the ps3 version this morning. Still 2 players only, no new units yet and they didn't know whether it'll have LAN or not.

DSveno

Banned
Played the ps3 version this morning. Still 2 players only, no new units yet and they didn't know whether it'll have LAN or not.

I don't expect it to have more than 2 players splitscreen, honestly. Even with only 2 players, the framerate of the game is already dropping to half.

Wait. Did you say you played the PS3 version this morning? As in, Full Boost? I thought there is no release date yet?

Ahhhh so jelly Ju! Was there anything else of note that caught your eye?

Is there a list of the new gundams they added somewhere?

In comparison to base PS3 EXVS?

Available as PS3 DLC
Xi
Arios
Gold Frame Astray
Strike Noir
Zaku II
GPO3
Blue Destiny
Freedom
The O
Gottrlatan
Arche
Zeong
Hi-Nu

Brand new to Full Boost
Gyan
Wing Zero TV
Gerbera Tetra
Hamrabi
Gundam MkII
Victory
Spiegel
X-Divider
Corin's Kapool & Kapool
Duel Assault Shroud
Impulse Gundam
Gaia Gundam
Throne Drei
Reborns Gundam
Unicorn Banshee
Rozen Zulu
Crossbone X-3
Stargazer
Efreet Kai
Extreme Gundam Aios
Extreme Gundam Eclipse
Extreme Gundam Zenon

There's also these guys that haven't quite shown up yet...

ibo7sc7uzZnrgS.jpg

Everyone else except for AGE, Striker Custom, supposedly S-Gundam and G-Armor have shown up from that pic. And there's rumors of Epyon, Nobel, and Geymalk appearing as well.

Getting the pics of all the units for the OT is going to be fun... xD

So yeah, the current Full Boost roster is at 94 units. With AGE, Striker, and G-Armor that's 97. Wonder if they'll go for 100 and then some, but it'll be interesting to see if they rock a lot of DLC units with the supposed new sequel coming next year.

stanley1993

Neo Member
So yeah, the current Full Boost roster is at 94 units. With AGE, Striker, and G-Armor that's 97. Wonder if they'll go for 100 and then some, but it'll be interesting to see if they rock a lot of DLC units with the supposed new sequel coming next year.

Hopefully they will add epyon in it as well. You can do two player co-op (splitscreen) in this game, correct? Also, if it comes out on psn, will I be able to download it with my american ps3?

Ryuukan

Hopefully they will add epyon in it as well. You can do two player co-op (splitscreen) in this game, correct? Also, if it comes out on psn, will I be able to download it with my american ps3?

Yes but you will need a Japanese PSN account to download and source of Japanese PSN money, can't use a foreign credit card.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So outta curiosity, once this comes out, is there any reason to hang onto the original Gundam Extreme Vs? Or is Full Boost basically a complete replacement for it?

Ryuukan

So let's review:

North American anime games coming soon from Namco Bandai:
Jojo
Dragon Ball Z
Saint Seiya (lol)
One Piece

Guys, is something missing????

dwix

Day 1 digital on PSN is awesome news! EXVS was my first taste of the series and it was a lot of fun playing with gundam-gaf. Looking forward to more!

Top Bottom