• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Versus Coming July 6th In Japan

Oh man cant wait... Friend and i participated at evo and socal reginals years ago and did ok!
Online was such a blood bath and hopefully its the same here.
Best part are the private messages i could never understand XD

Hopefully this has lan but dont expect it.
Regardless the flag is raised!

Yo whose butt do I have to touch to get some Geymalk action in this game?

I want to be able to teach the Strike Freedom what a beam spam wall REALLY looks like

Lren

Will be in day one for sure! That box art looks really nice too, a lot more grittier compared to Full Boost. Love it!

TreIII

Placed a preorder for Premium on Amazon.jp.

If a decent deal on the Asian release comes up on another place besides Playasia, I'll switch.

NEO0MJ

Full Boost did because you had to buy a pass on your PSN account to play. I hope they don't do that this time. =/

Yeah, it one one of the more WTF things I've ever had to deal with. Fucking locking online access to one account....

No. Entire soundtrack will be Linkin Park.
As long as it's Reanimation :3

91YCGX7hYXL._SX355_.jpg

Gundam X Zaku top tier

dmcAxle

Neo Member
Think Bael will be included in the original release and not some DLC later down the line? It's a super important Gundam, but it also appears very late into the anime, and it only just finished. So I'm not sure.

Ken

Think Bael will be included in the original release and not some DLC later down the line? It's a super important Gundam, but it also appears very late into the anime, and it only just finished. So I'm not sure.

We'd sooner get Dainsleif Team as a unit than Bael.

dmcAxle

Neo Member
We'd sooner get Dainsleif Team as a unit than Bael.

Why? McGillis is basically the "Char Clone" of the series and they're unlikely to just have only Tekkadan inclusions. Characters like him usually get added (See: Graham). For better balance of representation in roster it seems like a shoe-in. If no dev time is you reasoning, yeah that's obvious. However July isn't for 3 months and I doubt the console release is gold yet, so there is still time for additions.

However the "We'd sooner get Dainsleif team" makes it seem like you have a reason other than dev time?

How's this different from Extreme versus? I missed the PS3 ones. Is this a remake of the OG PS3 versus?

The series is generally known as "Gundam Versus". EXVS was a console port of the arcade game of the same name.

This game is being developed exclusively for the PS4 and doesn't have a corresponding arcade version

Ken

Why? McGillis is basically the "Char Clone" of the series and they're unlikely to just have only Tekkadan inclusions. Characters like him usually get added (See: Graham). For better balance of representation in roster it seems like a shoe-in. If no dev time is you reasoning, yeah that's obvious. However July isn't for 3 months and I doubt the console release is gold yet, so there is still time for additions.

However the "We'd sooner get Dainsleif team" makes it seem like you have a reason other than dev time?

It was a joke though idk how far you are into season 2. Also we have Kimaris as a non-Tekkadan rep!

Drayco21

Personally, I'm hoping MacGillis is piloting the Grimgerde instead; I think it's a gorgeous, criminally under-utilized suit. So far we haven't seen anything for IBO season 2, and using the Kimaris Trooper instead of the Vidar makes me think that could stay true for the base roster.

DLC or sequels is a totally different story though- Lupus, Bael, Vidar, Flauros, Full City; give me everything.

dmcAxle

Neo Member
It was a joke though idk how far you are into season 2. Also we have Kimaris as a non-Tekkadan rep!

Ah okay. Not like anyone could actually answer my post, since it was more a "wishful thinking" kind of post. Inclusions are probably decided much earlier in development anyways. So Bael is likely not going to make it. It will probably be Grimgerde like the above poster said.

And didn't know about Kimaris being in. Thought it was just Barbatos in the arcade release. Neat.

Oh wow 3v3.

Wonder if there are any balance considerations towards that. Stuff like Throne Drei would be a lot stronger with 3 player teams I imagine.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I'm really hoping that they have the option to have 1v1 duels like they had in the PS2 Federation vs Zeon Capcom game on PS2.

Luigi87

Does this have Asia/English version? Will it come to NA?

It may come to North America but you would be better off getting the English/Asian version because then the original songs will be kept intact for the most part.

Pretty much as Gai said.
Plus while the Vita version (Versus Force) came out [digitally] in NA, the last Gundam game that got an Asia English release, Breaker 3, did not.

... Albeit I'll totally double dipping on JP and Asia versions... triple dip if a NA version is announced.

Does this have Asia/English version? Will it come to NA?

Should be coming to NA. Just waiting on a release date. Hopefully it's not too far off the JP release as I'd wait to purchase it locally instead of importing like the last few.

It may come to North America but you would be better off getting the English/Asian version because then the original songs will be kept intact for the most part.

Hadn't thought about that. Might have to go this route.

killatopak

Thanks!

How about the online though? Does it combine all regions or does it restrict the online based on the region of the game? That'll be the deciding factor of which version I get.

Beckx

Thanks!

How about the online though? Does it combine all regions or does it restrict the online based on the region of the game? That'll be the deciding factor of which version I get.

no one really knows. the last console release for Versus was Japan only and had a very unique requirement that you had to have an online pass to play, making it further restricted to Japanese PSN users only. That was PS3, of course.

Whether they will bring the game over, and what they will do for online, is very hard to predict. However, they have said the esports scene is important to them so that at least encourages positive thinking.

In any event, unless something changes dramatically the games are very import friendly. (but see Luigi87's post below b/c paying for another PS+ sub will suck)

Luigi87

Thanks!

I don't think we know yet. The previous games haven't been released outside of Japan, so nothing to compare to.

The biggest concern I have is can I play using my NA PS+ account on JP or Asia territory servers, or would I be required to use that region account and sub to PS+...
Full Boost required an online pass to play online forcing the use of JP accounts for online play, but I feel like that won't be a thing here, but it still leaves the PS+ question in the air.

killatopak

Alright. Thanks again.

I think I'm gonna hold off on pre-order but definitely still gonna buy this. I just gotta know which region to buy.

Top Bottom