• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mod Development and Recommendation Thread

ckstine

I love to make and download mods, and I'm sure many members of GAF feel the same way. I found myself disappointed with the lack of proper modding discussions on here, so I figured I'd make one. This is for anyone who wants to recommend a mod they found or made, as well as anyone who makes mods to discuss development and hiccups along the way.

To start of things in a positive way, I'll recommend this brilliant Dark Souls 2 Lighting Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/1146

Cheers!

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I never dared to use mods because either I found it useless or I did not know how to put it in Nier Automata case. But I did use one mod: FTL Multiverse. It just change the game so much that I recomend it to everybody. The game is already amazing and the mod make it even more!
Curious about The binding of Isaac. All youtubers have a way to see items effects and I suspect it to be a mod. Do someone know what I am talking about?

Last edited:

ckstine

I never dared to use mods because either I found it useless or I did not know how to put it in Nier Automata case. But I did use one mod: FTL Multiverse. It just change the game so much that I recomend it to everybody. The game is already amazing and the mod make it even more!
Curious about The binding of Isaac. All youtubers have a way to see items effects and I suspect it to be a mod. Do someone know what I am talking about?
There are a few different mods that do that. I'd recommend you check out the Steam Workshop page for Binding of Isaac, there are many useful mods there, and they are able to be downloaded with the press of a button.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
There are a few different mods that do that. I'd recommend you check out the Steam Workshop page for Binding of Isaac, there are many useful mods there, and they are able to be downloaded with the press of a button.
Thanks! I think that I will see that after I finish Spiderman 2.

Fredrik

Starfield:

StarUI Inventory
It’s more or less essential, can’t go back once you try it, makes the game play a ton better, better inventory system and item visualization. Extremely well made.

More Feminine Spacesuit UCmarine
It’s a game made by suits afraid to trigger Twitter mobs so there is no eye candy of any kind in the whole universe. This mod helps a tiny bit by adding a slight hourglass figure to marines. Not for all people though but it’s a start.

There is the VBB and Thicc Sarah mod too, similar but adult themed so can’t link. Choose one, can’t combine. Basically makes Sarah less boring to have around. Thicc Sarah is better imo since she wear her regular clothes, just have more curves. With VBB she wear a bikini or yoga pants. I messed up VBB when installing manually though and removed some files in the wrong folder so textures are wonky for everyone with a swimsuit on in Paradiso. Read the descriptions carefully.

Last edited:

ckstine

Starfield:

StarUI Inventory
It’s more or less essential, can’t go back once you try it, makes the game play a ton better, better inventory system and item visualization. Extremely well made.

More Feminine Spacesuit UCmarine
It’s a game made by suits afraid to trigger Twitter mobs so there is no eye candy of any kind in the whole universe. This mod helps a tiny bit by adding a slight hourglass figure to marines. Not for all people though but it’s a start.

There is the VBB and Thicc Sarah mod too, similar but adult themed so can’t link. Choose one, can’t combine. Basically makes Sarah less boring to have around. Thicc Sarah is better imo since she wear her regular clothes, just have more curves. With VBB she wear a bikini or yoga pants. I messed up VBB when installing manually though and removed some files in the wrong folder so textures are wonky for everyone with a swimsuit on in Paradiso. Read the descriptions carefully.
I've heard that starui inventory is a must have, and I'll deffo try it when I get starfield. Yes, yes, I know it's been out for months and I should probably have it at this point *sigh*

Fredrik

I've heard that starui inventory is a must have, and I'll deffo try it when I get starfield. Yes, yes, I know it's been out for months and I should probably have it at this point *sigh*
There is no rush, it’s a huge game and main story is kinda meh so no real worries if you see some spoilers. If you like No Man’s Sky and creative mechanics it’s a serious time stinker. I’m 180+ hours in, my most played game of the year, it’s still all I’m playing, mostly building bases now. But it needs more mods imo. And the official modding tools that took Skyrim to new heights hasn’t been released yet, is said to arrive next year.

ckstine

this mod I've been using has treated me really well so far. Love elden ring, but the one thing for me was the inconsistent texture quality, and this mod fixes that big time.

Top Bottom