• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mod transforms all Witcher 3 combat into Gwent Battles

I wonder how long the playtime is with this mod installed. I'm guessing in the 500 hour range

I think your playtime would be less than the average because you'd no longer have to worry about:

1) Gear. Attack and defense values have no bearing in Gwent.
2) Alchemy. See above, but with potion recipes and ingredient-hunting.
3) Experience points. See #1, but with skills and mutagens.
4) Gold. You'll still want it, but you're only going to be buying Gwent cards. Everything else doesn't matter.
5) Health. You die instantly if you lose anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if I find myself skipping a bunch of side-quests and encounters.

Red Hood

Banned
The fastest way for it to go from my GOTY to SOTY of which -of course- the S stands for shitstain.

No, thank you.

Knurek

If there's one mod that should be embraced by the devs, it should be this one.
Come on, CDPR, that's something you'd want to have as an option for the inevitable Enhanced Edition release.

deoee

This is ....
TadkV.gif

Well, this would've gave me a reason to keep playing Gwent after that tournament side-quest. I wonder if enemy decks scale in regards to how difficult they would normally be in battles.

Tagyhag

Deck generation on enemies, deck building on Geralt. Basically The Witcher 3: Yu-Gi-Oh.

This sounds amazing. I would love a standalone Gwent game. I wouldn't play the mod because I don't think there's enough cards to play a full game of just that, but what an awesome idea.

Randdalf

No, you aren't, but you are overestimating Gwent's depth as of right now. It would need some major overhauling as it stands.

Yeah, I definitely feel as though there's a shallow ceiling in Gwent, fun as it is. There's not much room for strategising and deck building because the game revolves around spies, and if you don't draw any, then sheer luck.

Aselith

Yeah, I definitely feel as though there's a shallow ceiling in Gwent, fun as it is. There's not much room for strategising and deck building because the game revolves around spies, and if you don't draw any, then sheer luck.

Now someone make enemies capturable and controllable and we Pokemon

RPGam3r

This sounds terrible, I at least stand a chance to lose in regular combat. Gwent is just to easy to manipulate and win.

Jigorath

Banned
Having to play a card game everytime you run into a mob of enemies (which happens a lot) would get old really fast.

I wonder how long the playtime is with this mod installed. I'm guessing in the 500 hour range

Yeah, not having played the game, I wonder how much combat there is in the game. Am i going to have to play a children's card game with a new opponent every 20 feet?

Savitar

Pretty damn crazy but it could be fun too. I like Gwent but probably not THAT much. If the studio wants to do something good they need to put out a GWENT game on Steam or what not.

ugoo18

I love the modding community in any game and this is more reason to love them. Going to have to replay this again after XCX and F4.

Yeah, not having played the game, I wonder how much combat there is in the game. Am i going to have to play a children's card game with a new opponent every 20 feet?

You're not going to have to do anything if you don't like Gwent and don't install this mod.

As is with all video games, though, you'd still be playing a children's game either way.

Top Bottom