• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modder creates (WIP) 60fps patch for emulated Breath of the Wild

Vuze

That's amazing, hope they get it working for the whole game (and Cemu receives a decent amount of performance improvements at some point).

Lister

Banned
So you are buying the game but not the switch?

I got afriend's WiiU on standby. And yes, I plan on buyign the WiiU verison of the game.

The upcoming version of Cemu this month fixes the last of the major issues with the game (camera rune related bugs). Aside from that, there's two minor graphical issues I can think of off the top of my head.

Awesome, thanks for the info!

Mr. Robot

Jesus, that looks phenomenal, BotW is already a pretty game, hope they achieve 60 fps with their next Zelda game on switch now that they dont have to develop for the Wii-U

BigEmil

Jesus, that looks phenomenal, BotW is already a pretty game, hope they achieve 60 fps with their next Zelda game on switch now that they dont have to develop for the Wii-U
Was there ever a 60fps Zelda? Iirc nearly all of them were 30fps

Head.spawn

I thought it was already uncapped and could hit 50-60fps in shrines anyways?

I guess I'm remembering wrong or something.

What fps do you currently reach outdoors with something like 7700k?

45 ish tops, except in a small handful of locations that aren't demanding like the Desert, you may be able to hit 60 in those areas, however in the vast majority of the world 30-45 with more time close to 30. This would also be with a pretty nice overclock 4.6+ GHz

Is the game 100% playable and glitch free on the emu yet?

It's 100% playable and, once 1.9.1 comes out and fixes the camera glitch, the only remaining bugs will be some minor graphical bugs that have no effect on gameplay, such as certain clouds/fog behaving a bit weirdly and fast travel animations looking a bit weird on the latest version of the game.

Harp

I have been playing on cemu. I get 30fps outdoors with some dips. And 60 fps in shrines, but the game moves to fast in shrines at 60 fps.

But the game is fully playable at 4k. Other then photos.

I am playing on a Ryzen 1700x and Nvidia 1070 16 gigs of memory at 2933 mhZ. Download a data cache and you won't even have hitching as things load for the first time.

Kambing

I have been playing on cemu. I get 30fps outdoors with some dips. And 60 fps in shrines, but the game moves to fast in shrines at 60 fps.

But the game is fully playable at 4k. Other then photos.

I am playing on a Ryzen 1700x and Nvidia 1070 16 gigs of memory at 2933 mhZ. Download a data cache and you won't even have hitching as things load for the first time.

Harp would you mind sharing your CEMU setting? I've got the same CPU, same RAM but a gtx 1080ti. Even with a data cache i was only getting 20-25 fps. I kind of just gave up, figured it was the slower Ryzen clocks perhaps

But you have the same CPU and can play!

Mifec

Harp would you mind sharing your CEMU setting? I've got the same CPU, same RAM but a gtx 1080ti. Even with a data cache i was only getting 20-25 fps. I kind of just gave up, figured it was the slower Ryzen clocks perhaps

But you have the same CPU and can play!

Are you using cemu hook?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
So is the emulated version ready for prime time now?

Would love to finaly play through this game and until Nintendo annoucnes a Shadowplay integration so I can stream my PC games to the switch, I'm not getting one.

nope. game runs like crap for me at least with 6700K 4.5GHz, 16GB 2666, GTX 1070. without a shader cache it runs yeah but it's unplayable with constant freezes and heavy frame drops. the game doesn't even load with a shader cache installed because 16GB RAM just isn't enough. I really wish prices on RAM would come down so I could get 32GB (32GB= £260. Switch = £280). maybe if the cache loaded it would run better. people have told me to just build my own cache but again like i said without a cache it's unplayable as far as i'm concerned.

you're gonna need a really beefy PC to run it properly at 30fps. i'm seriously considering just going back to the Wii U or buying a switch because it has been a huge hassle trying to get it to run properly on Cemu.

Mifec

nope. game runs like crap for me at least with 6700K 4.5GHz, 16GB 2666, GTX 1070. without a shader cache it runs yeah but it's unplayable with constant freezes and heavy frame drops. the game doesn't even load with a shader cache installed because 16GB RAM just isn't enough. I really wish prices on RAM would come down so I could get 32GB (32GB= £260. Switch = £280). maybe if the cache loaded it would run better. people have told me to just build my own cache but again like i said without a cache it's unplayable as far as i'm concerned.

you're gonna need a really beefy PC to run it properly at 30fps. i'm seriously considering just going back to the Wii U or buying a switch because it has been a huge hassle trying to get it to run properly on Cemu.

Almost constant 30 by the member Jediyoshi with this setup

Intel Core i5-7600k
EVGA GTX 970 SSC
8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_8NvaHv5qU

Durante

That's really nice -- it means that eventually, with software and hardware progress, the entire game should be playable with 60 FPS.

I haven't looked at the details, but I wonder whether this modification is locked to integer factors or not. If not, for someone on a very fast system with a variable refresh monitor, playing the entire game at e.g. 40 FPS might already be viable. (And that feels quite a bit better than 30 already IMHO)

Sentenza

That's a load of bull.
I mean, a load.
Aside from the pictobox bug that they are going to fix with the upcoming 1.9.1. the game is already almost flawlessly for me with an i5 4670k, a 1070 and 8 GB of RAM (DDR3, too).

That's a load of bull.
I mean, a load.
Aside from the pictobox bug that they are going to fix with the upcoming 1.9.1. the game is already almost flawlessly for me with an i5 4670k, a 1070 and 8 GB of RAM (DDR3, too).
I mean, my system trounces yours in every way and I in no way would ever describe the performance I've been experiencing as "near flawless."

jediyoshi

That's really nice -- it means that eventually, with software and hardware progress, the entire game should be playable with 60 FPS.

I haven't looked at the details, but I wonder whether this modification is locked to integer factors or not. If not, for someone on a very fast system with a variable refresh monitor, playing the entire game at e.g. 40 FPS might already be viable. (And that feels quite a bit better than 30 already IMHO)

The OP who's in contact with the modder said this

"We got lucky because apparently Xalphenos discovered that Nintendo had an original target of 60FPS which then was divided by either a 2 or a 3 usually (he forced it to a "1"). That might also mean the people that imagine higher than 60FPS or arbitrary values might need more extensive modifications to achieve that."

In the original post, they've already released 20 and 15fps mods so I imagine going in the other direction (to a specific <60 target at least) is straight forward enough.

Caelus

"We got lucky because apparently Xalphenos discovered that Nintendo had an original target of 60FPS which then was divided by either a 2 or a 3 usually (he forced it to a "1").

Does this mean what I think it means? That they were aiming for a 60 fps game but lowered it for graphical fidelity?

Since BotW is at its core a Wii U game, crossing my fingers for a 60 fps native Switch Zelda.

Stencil

Wouldn't that effect weapon durability? If you increase the frames, wouldn't everything effectively be working at twice the speed? Or does not everything work like Dark Souls.

Sentenza

I mean, my system trounces yours in every way and I in no way would ever describe the performance I've been experiencing as "near flawless."
I don't I have any realistic reason to expect more than 30 fps, which is what I0m gettin 99% of the time (at least until that new rudimentary 60 fps mod won't mature a bit) so I'd say it's doing fine.

jediyoshi

Wouldn't that effect weapon durability? If you increase the frames, wouldn't everything effectively be working at twice the speed? Or does not everything work like Dark Souls.

If you have the game running at 60fps normally in the emulator, then the game speed is doubled. This patch effectively halves the speed of most of the game's logic. A lot of 60fps patches in emulators end up working like this.

pestul

I've found that the latest releases have really favored the newer cpu generations. Older builds actually ran faster on my Xeon X5450 @4.2GHz. My cpu is 7+ yrs old though lol

I still can't fluid 30fps even with the hack enabled.

Top Bottom