• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modder creates (WIP) 60fps patch for emulated Breath of the Wild

I have been playing on cemu. I get 30fps outdoors with some dips. And 60 fps in shrines, but the game moves to fast in shrines at 60 fps.

But the game is fully playable at 4k. Other then photos.

I am playing on a Ryzen 1700x and Nvidia 1070 16 gigs of memory at 2933 mhZ. Download a data cache and you won't even have hitching as things load for the first time.

Might be my phone but it doesn't look like proper 60fps but rather double speed 30fps like people do to videos to see what Uncharted 4 would look like at 60. It just doesn't look right at all.

The game looks phenomenal on cemu at 4k though. A great looking game held back by ancient hardware / mobile hardware.

Hopefully Nintendo release a 4k dock add on at some point which is why so many of the first party games have dynamic resolution.

Neith

Banned
The upcoming version of Cemu this month fixes the last of the major issues with the game (camera rune related bugs). Aside from that, there's two minor graphical issues I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm gonna give it another 6 months. People have different ideas on what Prime Time means IMO.

Might be my phone but it doesn't look like proper 60fps but rather double speed 30fps like people do to videos to see what Uncharted 4 would look like at 60. It just doesn't look right at all.

The game looks phenomenal on cemu at 4k though. A great looking game held back by ancient hardware / mobile hardware.

Hopefully Nintendo release a 4k dock add on at some point which is why so many of the first party games have dynamic resolution.

It's gonna be a long time before Nintendo works on decent hardware. Even with Cemu this game is so clearly held back it hurts. I really hope Nintendo and Nvidia do a nice Switch 2 with good upgrades.

jediyoshi

I'm gonna give it another 6 months. People have different ideas on what Prime Time means IMO.

I mean, there's no ambiguity with what I've said. Obviously the game has constantly been tested to heaven and back at this point. The last major gameplay impacting bugs are camera rune related and the next Cemu version addresses that. If your timeline is 6 months, you're probably more looking for more misc QOL improvements with the emulator itself outside of the game. Ironically, prerelease, there'd definitely be people saying expecting this to just be playable come early 2018 was wishful thinking.

Definitely your phone. Look at actual footage of it and set it to double speed in the player to compare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKD4Ooi4cIc

Or better yet, set the 60fps footage at half speed and watch it crawl.

Just watched it on my desktop and the video in the OP still doesn't look right to me when the fighting starts. It looks different to a native 60fps game, like it's being artificially sped up. Might have something to do with the animations being created for 30fps.

It's gonna be a long time before Nintendo works on decent hardware. Even with Cemu this game is so clearly held back it hurts. I really hope Nintendo and Nvidia do a nice Switch 2 with good upgrades.

This is a completely different Nintendo than the Nintendo of even a couple of years go especially now they're working with Nvidia. With that survey saying 80+% of people play their Switch at home it's now a lot more likely that Nvidia are on the case of developing a dock which has GTX 1060 levels of performance in it to drive a 4k Nintendo Switch experience.

With the way Switch is selling I wouldn't expect it before 2019 though but that will also let them sell it for $149.

Durante

Just watched it on my desktop and the video in the OP still doesn't look right to me when the fighting starts. It looks different to a native 60fps game, like it's being artificially sped up. Might have something to do with the animations being created for 30fps.
I think it's just because you are used to seeing it at 30 FPS. The same happened to people with e.g. Dark Souls.

Captn

I have tried the mod and it's amazing.

Every villages is not below 30 and sometimes up to 35 and 40fps. I get out in the open between 40 and 60 fps.

Real smooth.

Installed on :

I7 7820X @ 4.3 all cores.
32 Gigs DDR4 3466mhz
GTX 1080ti
SSD
Windows 10
GSync Asus PG279Q

This is less impressive when you realize you need a massive and expensive stationary tower PC to run the game at 30+ FPS.

I know it's emulation limitations and all, but when you compare the sizes of Switch vs PC it's like if you compare PC to a room sized supercomputer. What I'm trying to say it's amazing that we have a game of this scale on a relatively tiny handheld device.

bomblord1

Banned
It might just be me but it felt like the video was running at 110% speed. All of links movements felt like they were just slightly too fast (and yes It feels like that even when I don't use the 60fps youtube setting)

You're probably just used to seeing it at 30, having played it with 60 fps patch it's definitely the real deal, not sped up at all.

Datschge

I know it's emulation limitations and all, but when you compare the sizes of Switch vs PC it's like if you compare PC to a room sized supercomputer. What I'm trying to say it's amazing that we have a game of this scale on a relatively tiny handheld device.
The "relatively tiny handheld device" is not emulating anything though. Emulation always comes with a huge overhead over native execution, the more so the more low level or even cycle accurate it is. Cemu takes a lot of experience with high level emulation accumulated over the last decade to run as smoothly as it does, and at its compatibility achieved within the short time it's actually a breathtaking technical achievement. People expecting it to run at full speed with framerate unlocking hacks just expose their complete lack of knowledge about the nature of emulation.

Kuosi

That sounds wonderful! I'd love to try it for my—

Nevermind

you can mostly ignore the gpu, it does not require high end ones but the CPU is the main thing, the 60fps mode is no joke for 5ghz 7700k, OC'd haswell + i5/i7 is heavily recommended

Top Bottom