• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

Almost, sort of, kind of considering buying the Variety Map Pack since it's 400 points this week. Could help me get my skills polished for MW2.

ultron87

There's no Deep Impact anymore?

*great sadness*

But I guess this will free up one of my perk slots for something else. Because I pretty much always took Deep Impact due to loving shooting fools through walls so much.

Eric WK

ultron87 said:
There's no Deep Impact anymore?

*great sadness*

But I guess this will free up one of my perk slots for something else. Because I pretty much always took Deep Impact due to loving shooting fools through walls so much.

It's the FMJ attachment.

dagZ

ToyMachine228 said:
Almost, sort of, kind of considering buying the Variety Map Pack since it's 400 points this week. Could help me get my skills polished for MW2.

your not missing anything. just play the regular maps, because it would be awesome if launch day DLC with old maps happened.

ZeroRay

Looks like a few perk/attachment combos can be really overpowered.

But then again every perk sounds overpowered to me so it balances out I guess. :lol

Minamu

Guys, what happened to the noob tube? Still in? Or did IW come to their senses about one thing at least? :lol I haven't heard a word about it & haven't seen it in any videos either.

cresto

Minamu said:
Guys, what happened to the noob tube? Still in? Or did IW come to their senses about one thing at least? :lol I haven't heard a word about it & haven't seen it in any videos either.
its there but i dont think its as accurate as it was in cod4

Accident

Weapons, attachments and perks:

Perk 1 || Perk 2 || Perk 3

rsy14j.jpg
24wahdk.jpg
2mhener.jpg

28swj09.jpg
2s6r243.jpg
2j4oymt.jpg

mkf7uq.jpg
2czdgdv.jpg
s0xvzm.jpg

xp5zz7.jpg
358cim9.jpg
907cwy.jpg

iwpsuw.jpg
2lurxux.jpg
2lxunn7.jpg

11j3ihg.jpg

Attachments:

Assaul Rifles: ( M4A1, FAMAS, SCAR-H, TAR-21, FAL, M16A4, ACR, F2000, AK-47)
Grenade Launcher
Red Dot Sight
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Shotgun
Holographic Sight
Heartbeat Sensor
Thermal
Extended Mags

Sub Machine Guns:
(MP5K, UMP45, Vector, P90, Mini-Uzi)
Rapid Fire
Red Dot Sight
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Akimbo
Holographic Sight
Thermal
Extended Mags

Light Machine Guns: (L86 LSW, RPD, MG4, AUG HBAR, M240)
Grip
Red Dot Sight
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Holographic Sight
Heartbeat Sensor
Thermal
Extended Mags

Snipers: (Intervention, Barrett .50 cal, WA2000, M21 EBR)
Silencer
ACOG Scope
FMJ
Heartbeat Sensor
Thermal
Extended Mags

The one question that nobody has asked so far is do you think it's 75 percent likely or 100 percent likely that Live will crash or be completely unplayable for at least a few days after this is released.

I remember a while back on Christmas when Live got hammered by all the new 360 owners and was nigh functional for at least a week. I pray this does not happen again.

Insaniac

i'm getting pretty excited about all the different combinations I can now do with the varying perks, and attachments. Akimbo silenced glocks? Double tap extended mag mp5k? drool

Mad Max

Eric WK said:
Still don't know how Akimbo for SMGs is a good idea.

Well tbh, almost everything in this game seems to be kind of overpowered, so it might actually come together quite nicely in the end.

dagZ

Eric WK said:
Still don't know how Akimbo for SMGs is a good idea.

I'm assuming they nerfed the guns when using akimbo, probaby like 1.5 x damage, instead of having two actual guns.

Robert Bowling reports that at a recent retailer conference he demoed the game to an audience and they went nuts " . . . when I stumbled over Dual-wield Deagles. lol - Akimbo confirmed." In a post on the Modern Warfare 2's message board he emphasized to the community that this kind of support is limited to the single game only, saying, "Now to calm some initial fears of 'OMG! Overpowered'. Akimbo is limited and balanced, just like EVERYTHING in the game". Only sidearms will have Akimbo support and they will be harder to aim than holding just one pistol.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ideal combination for me:

Marathon Pro : Cold-Blooded Pro : Ninja Pro

I'm not sure how many attachment you can have at the same time, but I'll definitely go Assault Rifle silenced.

Yeah, I like stealth.

One thing I would have liked that does not appear to have been added is the ability to move quicker while crouched or prone.

I find it frustrating when I drop levels behind cover to avoid fire that I can only move at a snails pace thus making me vulnerable to a grenade while I take cover or unable to escape/reset very far from my last know position.

The lightweight perk as far as I can tell only makes you run quicker but it would have been nice if pressing sprint while crouched/prone would have made you scramble on your knees like we see poeple do in paintball. Double tapping sprint to dive forward into prone would have been a welcome addition instead of the awkward stopping and changing of levels.

Top Bottom