• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Footage. Spoilers within, click accordingly.

Don't mind bonus for sucking to help get back in the fight. Not much difference from giving a winning player a bonus and some free random kills for doing well.

Defuser

24gq3r6.jpg

G_Berry said:
Can't wait to see some new maps! fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfpafpapfaf

As there are videos all over GT I'd be happy if IW would put out direct feed of each map of a decent player trying out many different weapons/perks/killstreaks.

MMaRsu said:
Damn that Kanye joke is so unfunny.

Fuckin' this.

I'm loving the lighting model btw. My hype for MW2 is coming towards breaking point now.

Only thing I've not liked is the little trail on the grenades and the blood spatter on falling from heights. I'd also like to see far greater aiming penalties for people who jump and shoot and use iron sight whilst falling through the air.

Loxley

I have to hand it to IW, they've definitely kicked the gun models' quality up a few notches; they look great, even in blurry cam-footage.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Son of Godzilla said:
There's no way that isn't martyrdom at 2:25. :/

Could be that the dude who died was cooking a nade when he got shot.

I think if martyrdom was available for these people at the event to use, surely we'd have seen it somewhere in all the videos of the perk menus and customization.

dagZ

Best of all, it seems like kill streaks stack, since I was able to use my five-kill Predator missile, then immediately activate the four-kill care package right afterwards.

if true, that's sounds like it could be awesome. You can use them to your advantage.

Biff

Do we know if suicides/teamkills count towards deathstreaks?

I can see some crazy strategies involving mass suicides/tks in order to spawn a full team of 10 second Juggernauts to rush the final flag, bomb plant, etc...

Can't believe we're still more than 1.5 months away from this game :(
Remember, remember the 10th of November.

Raxus

ChefRamsay said:
Do we know if suicides/teamkills count towards deathstreaks?

I can see some crazy strategies involving mass suicides/tks in order to spawn a full team of 10 second Juggernauts to rush the final flag, bomb plant, etc...

Can't believe we're still more than 1.5 months away from this game :(
Remember, remember the 10th of November.
Probably not. IW is very careful about balance in that regard.

Also I will be on tonight if you guys want to kill some time and brush up on CoD before MW2 comes out.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Could be that the dude who died was cooking a nade when he got shot.

I think if martyrdom was available for these people at the event to use, surely we'd have seen it somewhere in all the videos of the perk menus and customization.

This is exactly what i was thinking. Well said.

dagZ said:
if true, that's sounds like it could be awesome. You can use them to your advantage.

I could've sworn that you can do this within the first 2-3 months that cod4 was out, but I think they patched it. I hope they do bring it back.

Not sure if this has been posted yet - from MTV Multiplayer blog: 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' - Infinity Ward Talks Callsigns And Community

Callsigns stuff sounds pretty cool. Lol @ "Only Use Knife"
"Like with 'Call of Duty 4,' we had this player called Only Use Knife. All he ever did was stab people. I’d play games with him and all he does is hide in a bush and run out and stab people. He’s never shot a weapon. We checked his profile, and he’s never killed anyone with a bullet. So now he has like 30,000 knife kills."

Griffith said:
So, who's going to get the Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Edition (UK only).

2h52yco.jpg

It's basically the prestige edition, but instead of the night vision goggles and plastic head, it comes with a 12" Captain Soap MacTavish statue.

More details here [url]http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=10770&cm_sp=callofduty-_-topnav-_-codmodwar2[/URL]

Y'know, that figure looks so like the Master Chief figure Kotobukiya did, who are also doing this.

It has interhcangeable weapons and arms like the Halo figure, the rifle can affix to the back like the Halofigure - the ground seers up behind him - in the case of the Chief figure it's a bubble shield. They're strikingly similar. Here's a pic of the Halo one.

Loxley

Say what you want, but the action figure enthusiast in me would much prefer the Veteran Edition to the Prestige Edition. Mostly because, at the end of the day, whether you have that statue or the goggles, they're going to end up sitting on a shelf (unless you plan on fighting crime.
At night.
).

So, for display purposes, I think the figure would be much cooler, in my humble opinion :D

Why yes, I am one of the people who's paying extra for the Collector's Edition of AC2 that comes with the Ezio figure, how'd you know? 8D

Nizz

I hope there's a little more variety in the scopes you can use. I like the sight attached to the UMP. I remember there were red dot sights from the single player of COD4 I wished I could have used in multi.

Unless it's already known? This thread is moving fast...

X26

Banned
As long as gunplay remains on top and isn't overshadowed by overpowered/cheap/etc. perks and killstreaks I'm not worried

...I hate that they called the perk bling though, jeesh.

X26

Banned
And the commando perk is wierd, hopefully it isn't that you use the same annimation and that you can kill even just by stabbing air if they're close enough, rather you get more animations when another player is close like a lunge or something.

Nizz

Stoney Mason said:
The Eotech sights are an example. They were in the single player of COD 4 but not the multiplayer.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/EOTech_Holographic_Weapon_Sight
Right. That's the sight with the red dot and a red circle surrounding it. I liked that sight. I could swear that the red dot sight you use at the beginning of the "Charlie Don't Surf" part of the campaign is a bit different also.

Maybe cosmetically different from multi?

fps fanatic said:
Right. That's the sight with the red dot and a red circle surrounding it. I liked that sight.

I did also. It wasn't 100% accurate to how that thing looks in real life but I thought it was cool and I hope it makes it over to multiplayer this time.

Updated post

Some of us have decided to get back into COD 4 to warm up for MW 2. If people want to do it just post your gamertag and I'll periodically update and repost the list. (Just add it to a regular post. I don't want to turn the thread into a bump parade for Gamertags as that can be annoying) This won't be a regular every night thing but if enough people want to add their gamertags then it would be better because you would have at least someone potentially to play with if you want. Very casual. No pressure to play. Like I said it's not like I'll be playing every night but I will be on playing more than I have been since I haven't been on at all in many months and I want to sharpen up before MW 2 comes out as I stink currently. Raxus and Nizar can attest to that.

360 COD 4 Warm-up for MW 2 Group

GT: CavalierReeche (Stoney Mason)
GT: dmsilv1 (Raxus)
GT: nizz88 (Nizar)
GT: sandline (AltogetherAndrews)
GT: AC5891 (AlucarD.eq)
GT: Lionheart1827 (Lionheart1827)
GT: x sticky ii (cameltoe)
GT: Nidas77 (X26)
GT: Eric WK (Eric WK)

PSN COD Warm-up for MW 2 Group

GT: AzRim904 (TheAzRim)
GT: TKAwsome (Tkawsome)

kuYuri

fps fanatic said:
I hope there's a little more variety in the scopes you can use. I like the sight attached to the UMP. I remember there were red dot sights from the single player of COD4 I wished I could have used in multi.

Unless it's already known? This thread is moving fast...

Indeed, I would love to see these sights in MW2.

2zi10qv.jpg

2rzau1j.jpg

I don't particularly get this deal with presenting red dots as little more than illuminated iron sights. It would be cool if some game, COD or any other red dot-heavy FPS, ignored the sight frames and instead super-imposed the red/green dot right on whatever you're aiming at.

Top Bottom