• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer

RedSwirl

For some reason I am seriously considering buying MW2 for $15 on Steam.

I mean, I've mostly stuck to COD4 since both the singleplayer and multiplayer are still fun as ever, but honestly, at 40 players it get's chaotic. I got Black Ops for basically nothing because I wanted a more balanced game with all the bells & whistles of MW2, but Treyarch did a shit job of optimizing it for PC, and my HD 6850 only runs it at a third of COD4's framerate. Plus the campaign is so boring that I actually can't even drag myself through it.

Maybe it's just because a part of me knows that MW2 might be the last true IW game even though I'd have to deal with matchmaking in the multiplayer. Actually, I've never even touched the spec ops mode in Call of Duty before. How is that?

Watching these videos has really turned me off MW3. It really does seem like just more of the same to me. The maps all look the same to me by now, the sound effects are the same...it's just not giving me that "I want that now" feeling. It's giving me the exact same feeling that Guitar Hero gave me a couple of years ago....that "no thanks, I'm full" feeling.

vaelic said:
with all you can do in a battlefield game, why do people still like modern warfare?

pamstclement.jpg

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
KingOfKong said:
when all the "tweaks" could have been done via a patch, i would call it pretty minor. MW3 seems more of a DLC then a new game.

They aren't all possible via patches and either way, who gives a shit? Is it really that big a deal that they tweak the game and give you more than enough new content to warrant a new game and call it MW3? Would you rather they just sell it to you separately as DLC? As others have asked, why does this silly complaining only come around when CoD is being discussed? It might by a yearly release but each game has a 2 year dev cycle and offers more than enough content to be worth the $60.

Izayoi

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
CoD has pulled me back in with that trailer. As much as I know I'll dislike it after a few weeks, I'll end up buying it.

I'm a masochist.
Of all of the things that would "pull you back", it's this awful trailer?

I'm liking what I'm seeing but I hope this doesn't turn into MW2 where it's the best multiplayer game ever for the first 2 weeks, and then turns into a complete clusterfuck once people figure out how to abuse it.

zlatko

Banned
All of the new stuff on gametrailers let me dig in deep to what is under the hood, and in the end I came to the conclusion that this team is full of dip shits.

Everyone and his mom will be playing Assault, and the other two will be left in the dust after the "new" wears off. If you're good at shooting(who isn't in CoD?) then you can get up to 18 kills without dying with little issues. I have a friend who can drop nukes every other game of TDM in MW2 and he doesn't camp.

Now his assault choices will honestly be 100X worse than a nuke with all of the lethal shit they gave the assault to drop hell on enemy teams. I wish they had been smart enough that if you want to do something like AC130, that you have to be standing to use it, so it's a little easier to find and kill that person, as well as the AC130 would stop the second you are killed.

This isn't gun on gun, and I heard no announcements of a classic game type that just has the good ol CoD4 3-5-7 kill streaks as the only options. No beta either as per usual, so no way to get first hand to get rid of all this doubt and negative feelings I have for it.

:/

zlatko said:
This isn't gun on gun, and I heard no announcements of a classic game type that just has the good ol CoD4 3-5-7 kill streaks as the only options.

Black Ops had a 3-5-7 playlist and no one played it.

Xux

AnEternalEnigma said:
Black Ops had a 3-5-7 playlist and no one played it.

Yeah, and I'd rather they did something like balance the killstreaks better than do something completely arbitrary like lock it at 3-5-7.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
zlatko said:
All of the new stuff on gametrailers let me dig in deep to what is under the hood, and in the end I came to the conclusion that this team is full of dip shits.

Everyone and his mom will be playing Assault, and the other two will be left in the dust after the "new" wears off. If you're good at shooting(who isn't in CoD?) then you can get up to 18 kills without dying with little issues. I have a friend who can drop nukes every other game of TDM in MW2 and he doesn't camp.

Now his assault choices will honestly be 100X worse than a nuke with all of the lethal shit they gave the assault to drop hell on enemy teams. I wish they had been smart enough that if you want to do something like AC130, that you have to be standing to use it, so it's a little easier to find and kill that person, as well as the AC130 would stop the second you are killed.

This isn't gun on gun, and I heard no announcements of a classic game type that just has the good ol CoD4 3-5-7 kill streaks as the only options. No beta either as per usual, so no way to get first hand to get rid of all this doubt and negative feelings I have for it.

:/
Seems like that indicates a skill mismatch.

Top Bottom