• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ModNation Racers |OT| Loading, Moaning And Creating Vinyl Clothing

Nyx

fna84 said:
how long until mario kart tracks are remade?

I think I already saw DK Circuit and Delfino Square, at least the names are used already. :D

Regarding online racing, I also have trouble finding rooms that actually have more than 1 player in it, and XP races are almost nowhere to be seen.

Hopefully this will improve, cause the few times I have raced online with several opponents it was a blast.

kharma45 said:
In case it hasn't been mentioned yet or anyone doesn't know, the DLC code for Sackboy is the same for everyone so can be used basically unlimited times.

So for anyone who didn't get mailed it, here's the code: 85T6-EMB6-HLL8

doesnt work

SO in the US

All copies of Modnation Racers comes with the DLC for Sackboy, if my copys sticker is to be believed.

Also I got it from Gamestop, so Kratos too.
tumblr_l2yk5x24Mx1qbxqfpo1_500.png

RagnarokX

Dedication Through Light said:
SO in the US

All copies of Modnation Racers comes with the DLC for Sackboy, if my copys sticker is to be believed.

If they have a sticker, they have sackboy.

keyrat

Is it possible in the demo editor to create a gap in the track for a jump? What about multiple paths like in the demo level?

RagnarokX

keyrat said:
Is it possible in the demo editor to create a gap in the track for a jump? What about multiple paths like in the demo level?
In track styles, hold the delete button (triangle) to delete track.

netguy503 said:

30 MB Update Plus 15 minute install :( , what happened to the days when one could put in a game and play it immediately, lol

lol They and you all werent joking with the loading times! Especially loading the "modspot", it honestly sits on 40% and 85% for a good while!

SO in the US

tumblr_l2yk5x24Mx1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Is the Kratos DLC in the box, or did the clerk give it to you separately?

RagnarokX

I watched a video of the volcano track from the final game and I'm surprised that the PS3 game still has no lava while the PSP version does.

2lthnqe.jpg

Branson

Huh, just got back from Gamestop and they didn't give me any kratos sheet code thingy. Totally forgot about it while I was there too. Oh well, I'm installing now.

Branson said:
Huh, just got back from Gamestop and they didn't give me any kratos sheet code thingy. Totally forgot about it while I was there too. Oh well, I'm installing now.

Wow I wonder why they didnt sticker it onto your wrapper.

Anyway, wow, I easily spent an hour making a mod and a kart lol, so many options, and a color wheel too, and just about free reign placement of the stickers, lol.

Ugh its going to take a while to platinum though, and I guess Im 50/50 on their decision to have the modspot always connected online so that you read and hear everyone there...

netguy503

Wow I wonder why they didnt sticker it onto your wrapper.

Anyway, wow, I easily spent an hour making a mod and a kart lol, so many options, and a color wheel too, and just about free reign placement of the stickers, lol.

Ugh its going to take a while to platinum though, and I guess Im 50/50 on their decision to have the modspot always connected online so that you read and hear everyone there...

You can hear everyone there? AWESOME!!!:D

-PXG-

Can't wait to pick this up in the morning. But I still have to 100% SMG 2 and beat Red Dead. Plus I got Lost Planet 2, Record of Agarest War and 3D Dot. Annnnnnnnnnnd, I gotta level up in SSFIV O____O fml

netguy503

rc213 said:
Holy freaking crap at some of the tracks! :O :O :O

I liked the GIANT SPIRAL the best.:lol

Anyway, it seems from the stream people have already created specific tracks just to get easy trophies already just like in LBP. :lol Too bad it doesn't really matter as I'm on trophy level 14. :(

Just going to quickly pimp my tracks again!

Really want to know what you guys think of these... working on two more right now...

BLUE SKY ALPINE RACEWAY
303jr5w.jpg

309kf1h.jpg

Blue Sky Marina Raceway
3509kpx.jpg

6s8en4.jpg

kevm3

I need to get this game... I watched that one guy play it on Justin.tv. He had like 50 characters he downloaded. People have been getting really creative so far. Can't wait to see what they do with the tracks down the line. I hope they also add a battle mode ala mario kart/twisted metal and allow people to make their own stages for that.

Hopefully future DLC allows for things like ice patches/icy roads, lava and other surfaces to mix up the experience as well, if they aren't in the full version already.

zugzug

Yeah I was watching that JTV stream for a bit as well....to bad he wasn't racing and showing any loading screens for me. But man it was amazing how many accurate recreations were already up and he was downloading like crazy

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Plinko said:
Thank God.

You also collect tokens in career mode races (they are scattered/hidden along each track - I think 5 per track) and use those in the shop to get random stuff for car mods. I said random cos it actually works like a slot-machine.

Nyx

Hmm just read that some karts/mods are already banned due to copyrights. (the General Lee kart f.e.)

netguy503

Yeah immediately when you go there you see at least twelve other real people driving and talking via headset or that chat pad. Ill definitely explore more later. lol.

Arent you getting the game?

For $11- (trade ins and $25 gamestop gift card) how could I pass it up? That's like paying for a PSN game.:lol

Also, if they are going copyright happy already, shouldn't everything be taken off? I watched the stream as well and there are TONS of creations/characters that caught my eye that might go against copyright. BUT I heard a friend tell the broadcaster to "hurry and download them now" as the stuff you have downloaded already can't be taken away from you I guess. So people should hurry and download with the quickness I guess. If I can't play as Stitch or Spongebob anymore I'm going to be SO MAD!!!!

Anyway I'm sure, like LBP, the creators will realize in time that by taken away stuff from the community with copyright claims they are harming their community WAY more than helping it and people will lose excitement for this product fast if this continues. UF is just taking the same baby steps MM did and are trying to feel out the community right now. I'm sure they will get better with it in time.

Seventy5

Are the US servers not up yet? I've been playing for an hour and I can't get online.
AWESOME game otherwise though, can't wait for my son to get home for some splitscreen.

edit: I guess I didn't accept the EULA. Got online.

netguy503

Wow the handling is pretty intense!

BTW, what was your "mystery mod" from gamestop? Was it the gopher golfer?

Does anyone want to play? Add me on PSN: Netguy503. Make sure to tell me your from GAF though. Thanks.

NinjaFusion said:
QUESTION ABOUT THE ONLINE SET UP
You spawn into a 'mod spot' which is basically a pointless 3d lobby full of people playing rap down their mike and shouting 'download my shit' but when you go to search for a race, does it try and matchmake you with everyone online, or just people in your 'mod spot' - if it's the latter it would explain why online games are slow to fill up...?

Tried several times to join an XP race over the weekend and none were found and no one joined... the game has charted in the UK all formats top ten... so there must be people playing. Can't imagine i was the only person in the world searching for a ranked race....?

If the matchmaking only pulls from the modspot you're in, then good luck EVER trying to fill a 12player race.

Either that or the XP matchmaking is busted.

couldn't be bothered typing that out again....

since friday i have not found a single XP race and tonight i've just left the game at the xp race menu for 25 minutes and only one person joined and then quit.

wtf?

are xp races drawn only from your particular modspot? stupid system if so.

i love this game but i'm seriously taking it back and getting blur if i can't just log in and kick back for some online races.

if you can't get an online game launch week then i suspect you never will...

and hey, wouldn;t it be nice if someone from united front actually posted in this thread... ya know, encouraging the community that pays your wages

oh... and why does the game disconnect from online whenever you quit out of the race menu? And why can you do nothing online, not even finish a race without a countdown? it's like wait forever to join, wait 30 seconds after starting the race for a dumb countdown and then wait another 20 seconds while it downloads shit... THEN WAIT FOREVER FOR IT TO LOAD.

i'm actually beginning to wonder if the game is actually finished?

Top Bottom