• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monark |OT| My Persona is Being a Knight

Komatsu

monark-logo-ot.png

Developer​

FURYU Corporation​

Publisher​

NIS America, Inc.​

Platform​

Microsoft Windows
PlayStation 4
PlayStation 5
Nintendo Switch​

Release date​

October 14, 2021 (JP)
February 22, 2022 (NA)
February 25, 2022 (EU)​

Genre​

Role-playing game​

Mode​

Single-player

Story​

ss-668abe8aa8515b6c05ca9fe59b7074fd77ce8044-600x338.jpg

How far will you go to save the ones you love? Could you face the threats that surround you? Could you face yourself?
Your world is plunged into madness when the mysterious and deadly Mist surrounds Shin Mikado Academy. In order to save your friends, you enter the Otherworld, a Daemon-filled dimension beyond the real world. Within this enigmatic realm, you must learn to harness your Authority of Vanity and conjure a battalion of Fiends, whose power comes from the Ego of their master.

Develop your Ego through various psychological tests to enhance the power of your Fiends, and lead your forces into battle to fight with and against the seven “Pactbearers” that are corrupting the academy. Embrace the power of your madness to gain strength, but take care not to delve too far, lest you risk losing yourself. Fellow students and instructors will lend you their aid in your quest to resolve the anomalies throughout the campus.

Media​

MONARK-Steam-SS-3.png
ss-8fa877df1a9d9709d1fdaa3b750bf8000851a843-600x338.jpg

image.png
image.png

Pejo

Gold Member
Man I had no idea this was coming out tomorrow. RIP with the timing. I will definitely pick it up somewhere down the line.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Wow, that's bad timing if I ever saw one.

I have this wishlisted and will try once it hits a sale, since 2022 seems to be even more stacked than I assumed it'd be.

Saber

Gold Member
Cool looking game, but yeah with the risk of being repetitive...its not a good time.

I will mark this game for later so I won't forget it. The gameplay grabbed my attention and the art and visuals are charming. Definitivelly wanna try.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
This game is really weird - it feels (and looks) like a Dreamcast game that something like 5 people would have played, and would be spoken of years later as a hidden gem.

Most of the dialogue is voiced, but all the environments are really empty - which makes it all look incredibly low budget.

The characters all do this weird ventriloquist dummy mouth thing when they're supposed to be speaking. They have weird teeth. It's off-putting.

I assume the story is going to be insane so I'm curious to see how it plays out. Gameplay wise, the levelling mechanic is interesting - you get points for completing battles and other tasks and level up by using them to unlock/level up skills for each character.

I'm not sure I could say I am enjoying it, but I am finding it weirdly compelling.

Top Bottom