• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft 3DS concept art revealed

StreetsAhead

Jun 13, 2011
Looks intriguing. What was the last game from this particular team, btw?
This is the Kyoto team. They are brand new (18 months old) and have yet to release a game. Honne is there (he drew the artwork), while Takahashi stayed at Tokyo.

Where does it say its related to 3DS?
The Kyoto team was specifically said to be developing a 3DS project from their inception. It's just an assumption as this is an ad for designers for the Kyoto team.

Aquamarine

May 24, 2012
This is the Kyoto team. They are brand new (18 months old) and have yet to release a game. Honne is there (he drew the artwork), while Takahashi stayed at Tokyo.

The Kyoto team was specifically said to be developing a 3DS project from their inception. It's just an assumption as this is an ad for designers for the Kyoto team.
Yeah, that's what I thought. So this is a new project from Honne (Baten Kaitos) then?

Sandfox

Jan 25, 2012
So this is their 3DS project...

Here's hoping we get an official announcement soon.

Aeana

Jul 10, 2006
Is it possible that both of Honne's art pieces are from the same game? Could show a different location so one is more fairy tale-esc, another that's more fantasy?
It's possible that it isn't for a game at all, but rather just to draw in interested parties for the position.

Jan 28, 2010
ITALY
graphmag.wordpress.com
That kind of fantasy is something I would love to see on 3DS.

It seems Nintendo is giving a lot more credibility to Monolith, and this makes me happy, because I have the feeling that with the right resourse they could really deliver.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Looks neat. Hope it releases outside of Japan. Didn't Nintendo say they were planning to release more titles world wide rather than just Japan?

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Mar 4, 2006
I hope the main character is a blonde ballerina. Hope we get more art soon.

Zenaku

Feb 20, 2007
Well someone made project cross zone, so I assume they can carry out three projects at once.
Probably more. They began working on Xenoblade early 2007, while still working on Soma Bringer and Disaster, with Soma Bringer and Mugen Frontier launching early 2008. Now they have an extra team in Kyoto they should be able to work on at least 4, assuming they're not moving resources over to X.

apana

Feb 21, 2010
That girl must be Zelda. She is going into the Falon woods with an ice Goron.