• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 coming September 14th (Japan), 2 new special 3DS XLs announced

ShamePain

Banned
What the hell have they done to my Monster Hunter?!
Looks like some shitty uncharted parody with ps1 graphics. Where's my unique hardcore rpg series?

iXmIYTcLZvx2x.gif

(last one)

Glad to see many returning monsters from the first and second generation, I've never fought some of these!

Riposte

This game is going to be pretty damn good. That trailer has got me very, very interested.

I need to get back to Ultimate...

Oh and, you I realized that it is weird that there isn't a lot of giant bugs in Monster Hunter.

Man I feel like I'm the only one who liked the Shakalakas more than the Felynes.

Nah, I'm with you. Never understood the love they got. At best, they're helping you sail to Multiplayer Island. At worst, they're cowering and pilfering. Give me Shakalakas anyday. At least they're exclusively
meant to be
helpful.

Infinite

Nah, I'm with you. Never understood the love they got. At best, they're helping you sail to Multiplayer Island. At worst, they're cowering and pilfering. Give me Shakalakas anyday. At least they're exclusively
meant to be
helpful.
Yeah they even had funny dialogue and personalities.

DoubleTap

I'm still a looong way from finishing MH3U. I can play it while I wait. I hope they release that black one as a bundle here in the US. I'd buy it day one.

Kysen

The sole reason I sold my PAL 3DS and bought an LL is here at last. Hopefully the game will be on the eshop saving me importing the cart. Finally a MH with integrated online play. Day one.

gogogow

Nah, Shakalaka were really cute, they move like little toddlers. My Cha-Cha and Kayamba throwing Poison bombs, barrel bombs, spewing fire etc. is really awesome. Those felynes keeps reminding of those that steal your shit and fuckup your fight.
Shakalaka can turn into a whetstone, your opinion is invalid!

The masks are stupid. Shakalaka are stupid in the way that underwater battles are stupid. Good bye, shakalaka partners! Good bye, underwater battles!

Haha, how are you relating those two things? The underwater battles are stupid, yes. But the masks have real purpose and made your partners so much more interesting than they could have been. Give me a customizable Shakalaka any day over a dress-up doll.

Mondriaan

Haha, how are you relating those two things? The underwater battles are stupid, yes. But the masks have real purpose and made your partners so much more interesting than they could have been. Give me a customizable Shakalaka any day over a dress-up doll.

They're related in that they are from third generation, and more specifically, they are innovations from Tri that are being left by the wayside for good reason. Well, not that I know what the real reason is, but I suspect that Capcom is trying to please Japanese MH fans.

Peru

Shakalakas are cool and have character both in action and in looks, felines are cool and a vital part of the MH universe. Let them co-exist!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I've only played Multiplayer on the PSP, so I don't know if it's changed as of late, but do the smaller monsters still not sync on everybody's system? I'm worried about playing online and seeing my co-players flailing at air.

gogogow

I've only played Multiplayer on the PSP, so I don't know if it's changed as of late, but do the smaller monsters still not sync on everybody's system? I'm worried about playing online and seeing my co-players flailing at air.

It's the same with MH3U. Small monsters in different places, butterflies and ores are random on each players screen, they might or might not be there.

Ridley327

One of my first thoughts of seeing the trailer is how it took so long for a monster to realize that they can just swallow a hunter, lol. Anyway...

Yay, Basarios and Gravios!

Yay, another large insect monster, that is also apparently equipped with Voltron powers!

RMI

Banned
man that white one.

Any idea how long these stay available for? Am going to Japan but not until December. Otherwise might just import. I am needing a JP 3DS XL.

Frodo

If they are launching this in September there is no way they are announcing a Wii U version this year, is there?

I want one though. Monter Hunter 3 U spoiled me.

Top Bottom